Great 'Dads, what would you like for Father’s Day?' Hunt

Options
13»

Comments

• zaksmum
    zaksmum Posts: 5,529 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My dad's gone too. How I would love to spend Father's Day with him and just cuddle him.

One year we made him a sort of This Is Your Life book.

Got a photo album and filled each page with something we thought he'd like.

One of us wrote a poem, another just said simply what a great dad he was, and his grandchildren all contributed too.

We managed to fill the entire album with tributes to him and he loved it.

Costs very little but he could see how much thought had gone into it and that meant a lot to him.
  • Dodgydj
    Options
    The fishing season begins on 16/6/2013 (which is also fathers day....co-incidence)

A rod licence costs £29 and lasts for the whole season, so if dad is a fishing dabbler and likes going occasionally then that might be a gift he would appreciate more than socks, if he is a proper fishing nut, then he will probably already have a direct debit set up.

A fishing pole is a chap and simple way into fishing if he has a leaning in that direction, most poles come with a couple of free rigs and are all you need to get going (barring a bit of bait)
  • MikeNffc
    MikeNffc Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Bottle of Talisker single malt!
  • consumers_revenge
    Options
    I have 2 fantastic kids.....thats my present!
  • pennypinchUK
    pennypinchUK Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    I don't want anything. Nah-nah, nothing, zilch. Father's Day is an meaningless day that greetings card retailers invented to boost their profits at a time of the year when they're not getting any money from Christmas cards or any of the multiple other "days" they've created.

Funny thing is, though...I've told my kids year after year that I don't want to celebrate Father's Day, but I still get their (well intended) gifts they've made at school as well as the obligatory home made cards.

So may I be the first to wish all who are eligible Happy Grandparents Day. Yes, there is one (September 8th, if you're remotely interested). What's that all about? Really, the world is going mad....
  • chardir
    chardir Posts: 229 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many dads are kids at heart...

Grown-up Lego:
    http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Sopwith-Camel-10226

Or a decent modern boardgame (*not* Monopoly) and time with the family to play it.
    For example Carcassonne http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carcassonne-New-Edition-Board-Game/dp/B008ULAMSG/
    or Forbidden Island http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gamewright-317-Forbidden-Island-Game/dp/B003D7F4YY/
  • bob_the_tom8to
    Options
    Hi Johnny K, just wanted to say that I read your post and it could have been written word-for-word by my Dad. So I took your advice, he is coming for tea on Sunday :)

I hope your children are able to see you too. *Hugs*
    JohnnyK wrote: »
    What would I like for Fathers Day?

Given that I'm a divorced father & have a nasty, malicious ex-wife, who has made it all but impossible for me to actually see my own children for most of 13 years, despite three court orders to 'supposedly' enforce reasonable access.

All I want for Fathers Day, is the actually see my children & spend a little time with both of them. I love them dearly & miss them so much.
    'I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, in whom I take refuge, my sheild and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.'
    Psalm 18:1-2 :)
  • TooTallTim
    Options
    A nice roast at home with the kids :)
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Lie in, full breakfast, footy in the park with my boys and a dvd with a takeaway (something kidult - think back to the future etc).

A cuddle with the other half when kids in bed wouldnt go amiss
  • summerliverpool123
    Options
    what to get for fathers days as its so easy to by mums and nans things how about a mini bottle of jack daniels a beer mug and 7 days of the week socks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure