IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

excell parking fine

Please help,,,,I received parking fine for 60pound from excell parking,, I parked in Iceland has I normally do with 1hour ticket,,so was surprised when received fine,,,,,,,I rang them to find out why,,,,,apparently I only put the numbers in of reg and not letters,,,,,I photo copied my ticket and sent telling them I still applied ticket on car,,,,,also the fine was in my husband name has he his regestered keeper,,,,,,they sent a letter back asking details of the driver at time,,,,,my daughter was with me at the time,,,,,when I use council parking they only ask for numbers,,,,,that's why I did this,,but point is I have the parking ticket ,,,what shall I do next ,,,

Replies

• dggardggar Forumite
    660 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The first thing is to calm yourself. Do not panic.

This is a private firm Inviting you to pay them money and that is all.

It is Not a Fine

Do not even think of paying anything.

More experienced posters will give you much fuller advice when they read your posting.
  • fil_cadfil_cad Forumite
    834 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Dont worry about exel, ignore everything an they will just give up and hope some other soft touch will fall for there scam. :money:
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue. :eek:
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fil_cad wrote: »
    Dont worry about exel, ignore everything an they will just give up and hope some other soft touch will fall for there scam.

I don't recommend ignoring fake PCNs any more, not if it's an AOS member and in England/Wales. POPLA works, when worded properly, and costs the scammers money, and raises their little scam to the eyes of certain authorities which is a good thing too.

skye10 wrote: »

Please help, I received parking fine for 60pound from Excel parking.

I parked in Iceland has I normally do with 1hour ticket, so was surprised when received fine. I rang them to find out why; apparently I only put the numbers in of reg and not letters. I photo copied my ticket and sent telling them I still applied ticket on car.

Also the fine was in my husband's name has he is registered keeper. They sent a letter back asking details of the driver at time; my daughter was with me at the time.

When I use council parking they only ask for numbers - that's why I did this - but point is I have the parking ticket, what shall I do next?

You won't be paying this but a couple of questions first:

Did you get a fake PCN on the windscreen or just in the post to your husband?

Have you yet told them who was driving?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    It was in the post,,,and yes said I was driving
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    skye10 wrote: »
    It was in the post,,,and yes said I was driving

Good, so have they now sent YOU a 'Notice to Driver' (NTD)?

If not, then do nothing yet and just wait patiently for that - and KEEP the envelope if the date on it is different than the date of the Notice to Driver inside.

If you do have a 'Notice to Driver' addressed to you, then you can get help to appeal and win this. So tell us, do you have a NTD yet?
  • bondy_ladbondy_lad Forumite
    1K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    listen to coupon mad,you will win this hands down,absolutely nothing to worry about, excell are well known on here they are SCUM.
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    No the letter is just asking for details of driver,,,also has a good will they will give me 14 more days to reply before charging me 100pounds,,whatttttttttttt,I don't need all this has am waiting for follow up breast surgery,,,,
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    No the letter is just asking for details of driver,,,also has a good will they will give me 14 more days to reply before charging me 100pounds,,whatttttttttttt,I don't need all this has am waiting for follow up breast surgery,,,,
  • skye10skye10 Forumite
    30 Posts
    I also feel like telling them I bought one hour ticket and was only 33mins so you owe me
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    105.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If the registered keeper has told them in writing who was driving (NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS NEEDED), then do nothing yet and just wait patiently for the Notice to Driver - and KEEP the envelope if the date on it is different than the date of the Notice to Driver inside.

If you do get a 'Notice to Driver' addressed to you, then you can get help to appeal and win this.

Can you just clarify - is the driver a different person than the registered keeper they wrote to at first???
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides