Unlock a Huawei E5776 EE Mifi?

Options
adrianwood
adrianwood Posts: 68 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi

Has anyone successfully unlocked the Huawei E5776 4G Mifi Modem? I have done some research online and only found a large quantity of companies which may apparently unlock it but with no good reviews.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Harald
    Harald Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In terms of unlocking mobile data devices https://www.dc-unlocker.com is the most reputable company. If they can't unlock - you can assume nobody can. Except company who locked it, EE I presume.

They have listed E5776s as supported model. Not sure if it's the same model. But you can download their sofware without buying credits, if it can recognize your device, it will likely unlock it.
  • adrianwood
    adrianwood Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for your reply I was able to unlock it with DC Unlocker
  • majid_0403
    Options
    Hi Adrian,

I have got my E5776 unlocked as well, can you please advise how did you get rid of the EE software which is on the device? When I try to connect to my laptop it is taking me to eebroadband webpoage ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Majid
  • Harald
    Harald Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's not an EE software, it's just huawei firmware with EE branding. Ignore branding and go to settings to add your operator APN configuration and that's it.
  • slenderkitten
    slenderkitten Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    is this mifi dual band by any chance?
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • slenderkitten
    slenderkitten Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    majid_0403 wrote: »
    Hi Adrian,

I have got my E5776 unlocked as well, can you please advise how did you get rid of the EE software which is on the device? When I try to connect to my laptop it is taking me to eebroadband webpoage ? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Majid

I still get this as well, sometimes i cannot connect to 192.168.1.1 via my iphone while it has an active connection not sure why this happens. i dont get that issue with my previous home broadband, i'll have to monitor this.
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    Options
    Harald wrote: »
    It's not an EE software, it's just huawei firmware with EE branding. Ignore branding and go to settings to add your operator APN configuration and that's it.

ive just purchased this device and also unlocked it, i'm sorry if i sound like a thickie can you explain which settings i need to go into to add apn settings for other networks, if its the EE settings it asks to login, i've created a username etc.. but it says wrong username etc..

many thanks in advance
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    barjam wrote: »
    ive just purchased this device and also unlocked it, i'm sorry if i sound like a thickie can you explain which settings i need to go into to add apn settings for other networks, if its the EE settings it asks to login, i've created a username etc.. but it says wrong username etc..

many thanks in advance

Link from EE

Once you add APN details for another network, you may need to choose the new selection as the Default for it to connect.
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2013 at 4:12PM
    Options
    Link from EE

Once you add APN details for another network, you may need to choose the new selection as the Default for it to connect.

thanks for this, but this is where i get stuck as when i click settings it wants me to login, ive created a username and password for 'my EE' but it says wrong details etc....

oops just read the 'admin' bit.. i'l try that
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    barjam wrote: »
    thanks for this, but this is where i get stuck as when i click settings it wants me to login, ive created a username and password for 'my EE' but it says wrong details etc....

oops just read the 'admin' bit.. i'l try that

Should be Admin:Admin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family