Barclaycard Bespoke Offers

Options
124»

Comments

• Roger1
    Roger1 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to use the e-gift paper 'card'* in a Starbucks and any balance can be credited to your Starbucks card. This will help get over the expiry date of any balance on the e-gift.

* When you print, make sure you print the version with the barcode. It isn't immediately obvious.
  • contractor
    contractor Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    and yet again my local shell garage that is supposedly participating cannot scan the voucher. Twice now.

Last time I spoke to Bespoke Offers and got a 2.50 goodwill gesture. I'll do the same again, but I'll never use them again.
  • OriolaW
    OriolaW Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not really using these offers they don't appeal to me as a foodie
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Darren_Day
    Options
    Scam, disappointment & waste of time:

Get a £10 ASDA e-Gift card for £5

But ASDA stores have refused to accept the e-Gift voucher: ASDA states that they don't accept such vouchers.

Bespokeoffers - Barclaycard states:
    Unfortunately I’m unable to confirm why the store was unaware of the voucher, as it is our understanding that communication was sent to all Asda stores to advise of the vouchers existence.

Having tried to use the voucher at ASDA Dagenham as well as South Harrow: REFUSED to accept.
  • Darren_Day
    Options
    Bespokeoffers states:

I apologise you’re continuing to have issues with the Asda offer. There appears to be a communication issue in regards to this offer whereby ASDA haven’t advised their stores that the offer is now live. Therefore I will fulfil your request and begin the refund process. This can take between 3-5 working days and the amount you paid (£5.00) will be returned to the card you used to purchase.
  • savings_123
    Options
    Not a happy customer, they took my money, merchant redeemed and did not complete treatment but bespoke refused to refund or get involved despite it being via their site and paying them for the voucher/offer. Said it has to be taken up with merchant and of course merchant refused to complete. Also no response to numerous emails to customer services for complaint.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2014 at 1:23PM
    Options
    Not a happy customer, they took my money, merchant redeemed and did not complete treatment but bespoke refused to refund or get involved despite it being via their site and paying them for the voucher/offer. Said it has to be taken up with merchant and of course merchant refused to complete. Also no response to numerous emails to customer services for complaint.
    That said, from your vague post it's absolutely unclear whether you have a case.
  • savings_123
    Options
    I am stating that once the voucher was redeemed by merchant after the first treatment, Barclays washed their hands of it even though the merchant then refused to complete the offer, in this case was a course of 3 treatments. I submitted my case and they say it had to be taken up with merchant who refused to cooperate, but my point is that I brought the offer through Barclays Bespoke so surely they have to honor the agreement or offer a refund? Similar issue with a purchase through Groupon resulted in prompt resolution with full refund. Furthermore my repeated emails to Bespoke have gone ignored. Would have expected much better customer service considering they are affilated to Barclays. Just warning customers to be aware of this seemingly loophole for merchants.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a look at "GLOBAL DAILY DEAL ASSOCIATION CODE OF CONDUCT".

My understanding is that Barclaycard are a Daily Deal Provider (DDP) and have to follow the code. If they don't, complain to the DDA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure