Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks like the deal with the Co-op will not be going ahead and the business will instead be sold to Ovo.
    https://www.cleanenergynews.co.uk/news/solar/flowgroup-faces-shareholder-revolt-amidst-ovo-energy-interest
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That is good, co-op energy were a nightware when I was with them.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Former_Flow_Energy Posts: 83 Organisation Representative
    Options
    spot1034 wrote: »
    Looks like the deal with the Co-op will not be going ahead and the business will instead be sold to Ovo.
    https://www.cleanenergynews.co.uk/news/solar/flowgroup-faces-shareholder-revolt-amidst-ovo-energy-interest

Hello, We are happy to be a part of the Co-op family and looking forward to continuing to deliver fantastic customer service to all our customers. Warm Regards, The Flow Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    That is good, co-op energy were a nightware when I was with them.

Hello, We are happy to be a part of the Co-op family and looking forward to continuing to deliver fantastic customer service to all our customers going forwards. Warm Regards, The Flow Team.
    I am the official company representative of Flow Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gjs1701 wrote: »
    I will add my support to Flow on this issue.
    My meter reading is used. If I read my meter on the 25th, that reading is used and the gas/electricity for the last few days of the month is estimated.

This seems pretty reasonable to me.

I'm finding the same experience with Flow. I've been with them for over a year now and initially the reading process was pretty bad and this wasn't helped by Ovo not agreeing the closing reading for my gas for some time.

I do online readings as described above and am happy with the resulting statements.

My only complaint is that they have just advised me that as part of their annual review (which is somewhat late) they are increasing my monthly direct debit from £55 to £76. Given that, despite higher usage than usual over the cold winter, I am currently in credit and will use considerably less fuel over the summer increasing my credit balance further. I've gone back with a much lower amount for their consideration and will switch if they refuse to budge.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. If you would like to send us a private message to @FlowEnergy_Help with your account number, date of birth and email address, we will happily look into this issue for you to see if we can offer a solution. Warm regards The Flow Team.

Neil49 wrote: »
    I'm finding the same experience with Flow. I've been with them for over a year now and initially the reading process was pretty bad and this wasn't helped by Ovo not agreeing the closing reading for my gas for some time.

I do online readings as described above and am happy with the resulting statements.

My only complaint is that they have just advised me that as part of their annual review (which is somewhat late) they are increasing my monthly direct debit from £55 to £76. Given that, despite higher usage than usual over the cold winter, I am currently in credit and will use considerably less fuel over the summer increasing my credit balance further. I've gone back with a much lower amount for their consideration and will switch if they refuse to budge.
  • MJP65
    MJP65 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Nothing but hassle with Flow Energy since I joined. Despite providing photographs of my gas meter reading they keep using estimated readings which are 2000 units higher than my actual meter reading. They have mow written to me to say they are increasing my direct debit from £41 per month to £164 per month as according to them I owe £650. I’ve rung numerous times and emailed complaints but to add insult to injury they can’t even spell my name right in their response!

I’ve tried to switch energy suppliers but they objected and have blocked the transfer. Don’t touch them with a barge pole!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MJP65 wrote: »
    Nothing but hassle with Flow Energy since I joined. Despite providing photographs of my gas meter reading they keep using estimated readings which are 2000 units higher than my actual meter reading. They have mow written to me to say they are increasing my direct debit from £41 per month to £164 per month as according to them I owe £650. I’ve rung numerous times and emailed complaints but to add insult to injury they can’t even spell my name right in their response!

I’ve tried to switch energy suppliers but they objected and have blocked the transfer. Don’t touch them with a barge pole!

If 8 weeks has elapsed since you complained to Flow, then escalate your complaint to The Energy Ombudsman.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MJP65 wrote: »

Also shame them on their Facebook page, and any other social media site.
  • Former_Flow_Energy
    Options
    Hello, I apologise that you feel this way. To ensure we can investigate and rectify any issues you are experiencing, please send an email to our customer service inbox. The email address you will need to use is [EMAIL="customerservices@flowenergy.uk.com"]customerservices@flowenergy.uk.com[/EMAIL]. Warm regards, The Flow Team.

frankie wrote: »
    Also shame them on their Facebook page, and any other social media site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure