Beware of unnecessary payment hikes - Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• nsdlil
    nsdlil Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear Forum ,
    After entering my monthly meter readings today (17/05/13) into the online SP system I noticed that 'My Account' is loading more slowly than previously and eventually throws up new format screens . On entering the meter readings in the new screens , rather than having them immediately update my account online , new more verbose screens present themselves showing the previous month's (16/04/13) balances supplemented in my case by a few pence credited to both the electric & gas and providing interim new balances as at 01/05/13 . Additionally on previous occasions on entering my meter readings in the old screens I have had an instant confirmation e-mail registering the successful registration of the new meter readings , but not on this occasion . The net result of these changed procedures is to reduce the immediacy and control of the account status online , and I wondered if anyhow else has noticed such changes to the SP Online My Account system ?
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    nsdlil wrote: »
    I wondered if anyhow else has noticed such changes to the SP Online My Account system ?

Hi nsdlil

Can you please e-mail us your account details to social@scottishpower.com and we will take a look for you and advise?

Thanks David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi nsdlil

Can you please e-mail us your account details to [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] and we will take a look for you and advise?

Thanks David

David,

Are Scottish Power having problems replying to e-mails at the moment or are you supposed to wait over a week for a reply?
  • Anagran
    Anagran Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 May 2013 at 10:22PM
    Options
    I too am very unhappy with the way Scottish power are handling our direct debits. When we started with them last may they insisted on us paying £70 pm dd even though I tried to explain that we would no way be using that much. Anyway, we have actually used an average of £35 per month since then, even over the winter period and soon we were well over £100 in credit. After speaking to Scottish power they agreed to reduce the dd to £25. Then in march I noticed on my bank statement the payment had been £25 for a few months then had been increased to £32, I had not been informed of this. When i phoned them to ask why they were putting up my payments when I was in credit, the advisor explained it had been put up as the amount of credit had fallen to too low a level! I did not think being £60 in credit when I only use £35 per month and we were coming into better weather etc was too low! Also our contract only had two months left. Anyway they refused point blank to put the payments back down to what we had agreed, despite being well in credit. Easily sorted though, I demanded a cheque for my £60 credit which was sent out immediately. So now I will be going into debit in the next few months, so very interested to see what they will do then, considering they hike dds even if you are in credit! I think we shall be leaving them at the end of this contract, mind you maybe other companies are just the same?? I am beginning to think paying a bit extra and going back to sending a cheque when I receive a bill is the way forward.
  • Scottish_Power
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    David,

Are Scottish Power having problems replying to e-mails at the moment or are you supposed to wait over a week for a reply?

eschaton I was not aware that you are still waiting a response to a query? It may be I have not tied up an e-mail with a MSE ID. Please can you e-mail me with reference this thread?

Thanks David
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Scottish_Power
    Options
    Anagran wrote: »
    I too am very unhappy with the way Scottish power are handling our direct debits. When we started with them last may they insisted on us paying £70 pm dd even though I tried to explain that we would no way be using that much. Anyway, we have actually used an average of £35 per month since then, even over the winter period and soon we were well over £100 in credit. After speaking to Scottish power they agreed to reduce the dd to £25.

Hi Anagran Can you please e-mail social@scottishpower.com, with you details and we will look into this for you?

Thanks David
  • nsdlil
    nsdlil Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear David ,
    I have sent an e-mail to [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] in respect of this MSE Forum Thread at 09:58 today with the subject heading 'Company Representative Request' . I hope that this additional posted reply will enable you to link the thread and my e-mail properly ,
    Thank you
  • wakeupalarm
    wakeupalarm Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The Energy cartel are earning millions of pounds in interest from credit balances from setting customers direct debits far too high and using the money to pay for their fines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10068657/Nearly-half-of-consumers-overcharged-for-utilities.html

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2319498/ScottishPower-set-heavy-fine-mis-selling-probe.html
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eschaton I was not aware that you are still waiting a response to a query? It may be I have not tied up an e-mail with a MSE ID. Please can you e-mail me with reference this thread?

Thanks David

I didn't say it was through yourself, it was a general question about the current state of customer service levels from Scottish Power.

But - I did get a reply today in response to a simple question, very simple I must add. The response that took two weeks said that Scottish Power were looking at my query and would reply within 10 days.

By July, I will be away from this shower after 13 years of loyal custom - I can't wait.
  • Scottish_Power
    Options
    Eschaton Our service level is to respond to a written enquiry within 5 working days, and if it is a complaint within 10 working days with an acknowledgement within 5 working days. I am sorry that you have not had the level of service that you would expect and if you would like me to look into that for you, I would be happy to do so.

David
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure