🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Thousands of Santander mortgage holders could get payouts after blunder

Options

Comments

• TheMightySwordfish
    Options
    Not sure yet. Thinking of asking them that in effect the letter says "You could have moved, had we told you. But you haven't moved when you could, so your not affected by the fact we didn't tell you in the first place"
    So they are guessing we are still with them due to being happy with them and the product we have.
  • AJS33
    AJS33 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all, we called and they had sent the letter to the house which we have a mortgage on a buy to let, clue there that my partner doesn't live there and so the letter got sent back, they didn't think to send it to the address on file which is his postal address!!!

But hey a form for one mortgage is on its way, not sure why the other house hasn't had a letter yet as the mortgages were done at the same time.

It seems from coments that they are rejecting and hoping people are going away, so will await the rejection letter, what are people doing next arguing with them or going straight the FSA, i am thinking going straight to FSA, surely this would speed up the problem and get the issues escalated??? Any feedback would be good?

A
  • crusaderstyle
    Options
    Sorry guys, but how long has it taken from the point that you sent the questionnaire back to getting your rejection letters?

Mine has only just gone back so I'm wondering what the timescales appear to be. I'm also a bit peeved that I think Santander rushed me into getting a response. I'd had the 'return your questionnaire within 10 days or we'll make a decision without your input' letter but was still chasing them for a copy of the SMC's.

When I spoke to them on the phone last week to clarify, they advised that the FSA had given them 8 weeks from the date of complaint, so regardless of my requests for copies of paperwork etc, the 8 week rule would still apply and a final ruling could be given.

Very cheeky of them.
  • TheMightySwordfish
    Options
    Our questionnaire went in 8th May.
  • TheMightySwordfish
    Options
    Considering the response....yes.
  • TheMightySwordfish
    Options
    Hehe......Sounds too well organized!
  • crusaderstyle
    Options
    I can't post links yet, but I'm thinking that maybe Santander need to be put under the spotlight on this one and I'm considering completing the 'send my story' form on the BBC Watchdog site.

Maybe if a few of us do this it will get a mention?
  • crusaderstyle
    Options
    Of course Two Steps!

Apart from the initial flurry when the FSA made the decision there doesn't seem to much interest 'out there'.

Maybe we should be making it as difficult as possible for Santander to go under the radar on this one.
  • hpoolandy
    hpoolandy Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I have just rang the fos to complain but i have not got my account no but will be phoning back tonight with it as most people here seem to be getting refused i think mine will be the same as i still have my mortgage with them soon as my fixed is finished im closing every account with this shower of #*#* at the end of the day iv had my mortgage with them since 2006 and iv never had any saving off the reduction in interest rates even to the day paying 4% when it should only be 3%
  • crusaderstyle
    Options
    Maybe so, if you look at the reaction on financial forums you tend to find people making comments about the 'claims culture'. Interestingly those people don't seem to eligible to make any claims themselves.

Just an observation.

With you 100% on that one. A lot of it is under the pretence of 'we end up paying overall for you money grabbers out there' but it's money that we're entitled too.

Wwould be a different case if they were in receipt of the letter I'm sure.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure