PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 12th April 2013

Options

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

TTFM - Hope your DD is sorted soon.

Wet again here, the washing will have to go on the airers again today!
    Waiting for the new bin part for the vacuum so that I can give the place a good hoovering, hope it comes soon.

Swimming this morning then meeting friends for a coffee. If the weather doesn't cheer up I will carry on knitting this afternoon - making DD a jumper (she probably wont wear it even though she asked me to knit it and chose the wool!).

Nearly the weekend, today is the last day of my school holiday. Take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Great news Moorhen, glad you're OK :)

Time to face the music I hope they find the problem today and get it sorted asap.

I forgot to order my yarn, I got to the end of a row last night, went to change colours and there was no green :eek: :rotfl: Will do an order in a mo.

I booked a trip to the tip for today (we're using a van so have to list what we're taking). A few days ago, I took all the rubbish out onto the drive so it'd be quick and easy to load. It poured with rain last night so we have soggy chipboard and the rubble buckets have a couple of inches of water in them. Ggggrrrrrrrr.

Have to go to Morrisons today, then mum and dad are coming round later to pick up their laptop.
    Bulletproof
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 April 2013 at 11:22AM
    Options
    Morning TTFTM and all

Hope all goes well at the hospital today TTFTM. I understand about OS going out of the window when theres a drama in the house. I usually keep a supply of deep dish 12" pizzas in my freezer for that occasion. Hubby isnt keen on pizza but unless he's going to cook himself a meal, thats all he gets.

Sorry to hear of your bad back Halight. I took two strong paracetamol last night for the pain in my neck and shoulder but i can still feel it and it didnt really ease the pain much. Still, ive had no pain in my knees for ages so i rejoice in that!

Crochet... dont talk to me about crochet. I bought some not so cheap baby wool and a set of crocheting hooks to make my Grandchild a baby blanket and i cant get past getting chain stitch and making corners. First i bought a crocheting hook that was too big so i bought a set. Then i understand that white or light colours isnt the best colour to begin with. :( I didnt come from a family of knitters, sewers or crocheters so these skills were never passed on to me. Then, when i should have been learning skills for life i was raising children. I havent got the patience now and my eyes arent great. My hands being puffy and swollen dont help either.... bahh i hate getting old.

Took my parcels to the Post Office yesterday. I wont be doing that again. Ive signed up to a courier service. The last of the parcels was going to cost nearly £15 to send Royal Mail and it cost £6 sending it by courier. I just hope it gets there now as ive never used a courier before.

Had a nights sleep full of dreams again. Awful dreams of being alone. I think i'd better be extra nice to hubby this weekend.:(

My Facebook seems to be nice and quiet. No ranting by my sons ex thankfully.

Will be listing stuff again on Eb*y this weekend as its a Free Listing weekend. Hubby has got some stuff that needs relisting too.

Jobs

[STRIKE]Vacuum upstairs[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Vacuum stairs[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Vacuum downstairs[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Kitchen floor[/STRIKE]
    Bathroom

Tea will be fish

Have a great day all,
  • jools27_2
    jools27_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all!
    My head is thumping, I have the cramp from hell and last night I cried for 2 hours solid, couldn't stop, although that was the first time I've really cried like that, am sure its because my brother is home now, maybe I feel safe to do it or something.
    OS today will be as little as possible as I feel pants!
    TTFTM hopefully today they will find out what's wrong, the not knowing is worse when you are waiting, you feel unable to do anything!
    Right, am off for a shower then more coffee and painkillers, have a good day all!
    RIP Iain
    13/11/63-22/12/12
  • save-a-holic
    save-a-holic Posts: 172 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2013 at 11:18AM
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Took my parcels to the Post Office yesterday. I wont be doing that again. Ive signed up to a courier service. The last of the parcels was going to cost nearly £15 to send Royal Mail and it cost £6 sending it by courier. I just hope it gets there now as ive never used a courier before.

How do you use a courier? Did you just Google for one? I'm pretty upset with Royal Mail too - the price rises, the lack of notice of price rises and they've also lost at least one of my Recorded Delivery parcels too - rubbish. If I could find out how to use a courier then I'd love to do that! :)

Hugs to all that need them. Jools it is strange because I was also very tearful last night - I cried but not for 2 hours solid. I think (in my case) it was PMT. Today I am feeling very delicate and, because I didn't sleep well, slightly queasy.... Hoping that I will improve in temperament and health as the day goes on.
    Lightbulb moment: -£9,954.31 Current Debt: £0

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all
    Yes it is still raining, but plenty of company here, bored doesn't enter my vocabulary unless referring to housework, cleaning, washing, etc. thanks for the invite ladies, but think we may be nearer in August, when we will be at Ashton? Hoping to give DH a surprise trip to Bletchley, while some Caravanning friends kidnap Skye for the day. Don't think it is quite her thing. :D:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Well Mrs organised here, must have lost her marbles, as I forgot to stock up the 'van with loo rolls, even though just bought a big pack from L!dl :o, hand wash, I took the almost used one out and forgot to put the replacement I had bought back in :o:o, beans, dry dog food, so looks like a trip to Ald! in Market Harborough may be on the cards for later.

Just posted a piccy of Skye on FB, if you would like to see her now. She doesn't mind the rain at all.

I'm using MyHermes for anything I sell on EB now, if it is good enough for Debenhams! then it's good enough for me. Just sold my old Blackberry, didn't get as much as I would have liked, but £50 in my pocket is better than it sitting on the side. £5.50 to send it collected from my door, and delivered insured and with a signature required, not so bad.

TTFTM. Hope things are sorted for your DD soon, Julie ((hugs)) for the funeral. Pen-Pin, LW, Molly, and all other in pain or needing support, ((hugs)), Spoons, Hi5's all round, take your pick, whichever your tipple,

Well while typing the rain has at last stopped, so time I think to head on out.

Takes care everyone. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How do you use a courier? Did you just Google for one? I'm pretty upset with Royal Mail too - the price rises, the lack of notice of price rises and they've also lost at least one of my Recorded Delivery parcels too - rubbish. If I could find out how to use a courier then I'd love to do that! :)

I just followed recommendations on this thread on the Eb*y board. For me it was a toss up between myHermes or Collect+ but it was a no brainer for me as myHermes have a collection point even closer than my local Post Office.

Its just a matter of registering an account online and following the instructions. You will need a printer to print a label and barcode and you pay online. You will need to weigh your parcel at home too. Then you take it to the collection point and they scan it and give you a receipt. Honestly, if your doing well on eB*y dont let the recent increase in postage charges put you off. Providing my parcel gets delivered as it should, i wish i'd have looked into finding a courier months ago.

So much for being nice to hubby. I'm not sure who has got out of bed the wrong side but we are arguing by text.

Happy days (not).
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    TTFTM I hope that they find out what is wrong with DD and get it sorted asap(((((Hugs)))))

We had heavy rain all night again and intermittently all morning. I am waiting for it to stop so that I can whizz down town to the bank. DD is coming with me so that will be nice.

Donny we are 8 miles from Bletchley Park and LW is even nearer, so the offer is still open x

Nice to see you back bargainbird, I know the feeling of being boracic after paying all the bills :(

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Rage_in_Eden
    Rage_in_Eden Posts: 995 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2013 at 12:47PM
    Options
    Just a quick pop in today so hugs to all who need tham and thanks for your good wishes re the red undies situation. OH thinks he might be safe as his group hasn't been axed but it makes everyone nervous etc..... Not much work AGAIN - getting a bit fed up now..... Damp here as well so don't feel inclined to go in to the garden..... Dinner tonight will be full English :D and my lunch will be poached egg on toast as it is cheap..... Bobby is much better now as well.....:T Right, don't know what I'm going to do for the rest of the day...... really need to start the wedding sampler for 10 May but simply can't be bothered ATM. Need to put my OMD tickets on ebay as well :( Bought as a back up for the press pass so I knew I'd have to sell them once I got the okay for the pass through but I haven't heard about if I can change the request to the other venue we can make.... :( Might call in a favour from the support's tour manager.... and I don't like asking for favours either...Right, enjoy your day everyone!
    But I'm going to say this once, and once only, Gene. Stay out of Camberwick Green :D
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jools27 wrote: »
    Morning all!
    My head is thumping, I have the cramp from hell and last night I cried for 2 hours solid, couldn't stop, although that was the first time I've really cried like that, am sure its because my brother is home now, maybe I feel safe to do it or something.
    OS today will be as little as possible as I feel pants!
    TTFTM hopefully today they will find out what's wrong, the not knowing is worse when you are waiting, you feel unable to do anything!
    Right, am off for a shower then more coffee and painkillers, have a good day all!

Hugs to you - crying is very cathartic x

Having a duvet day as up in the night. Had to cancel Meatloaf but sold the tickets so feel a little less guilty.

Huge hugs x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure