Tmobile price increase

Options

Comments

• Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Just received T-Mobiles defence earlier today. Can't open at the moment as on phone but guess it will be similar to Stoney's. Will check on PC tomorrow and report back.

Stoney, did you submit your comments yet?
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • stoney73
    stoney73 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just received T-Mobiles defence earlier today. Can't open at the moment as on phone but guess it will be similar to Stoney's. Will check on PC tomorrow and report back.

Stoney, did you submit your comments yet?

@Lifes Grand Plan, No, not yet.will hopefully get round to it later today after I've gone through Anna2007 and random curves helpful replies.
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Sloppy T-Mobile, very sloppy....

Just reviewed T-Mobile's defence and it is almost exactly the same as Stoney's. They have omitted three points that were on Stoney's from my own but I believe that comes from the confusion on the T&C's in Stoney's case.

Amusingly, they quote, as they did with Stoney:

"[FONT=&quot]It should be noted that prior to receipt of the Claimant’s claim that the Claimant has not previously requested a PAC code and that her request for such on the application form is the first such request."

Yet a quick check shows that the very first e-mail that I sent to T-Mobile requested the code :)

Also they have completely ignored the point raised that they set a precedent with the 2012 rise by using the published figures not the "yet to be published" figures as they have done this time.

Looks like they are trying to save a few quid by recycling defences without addressing the individual points raised.

Anna, are you still about - what's happening with your claim? I thought I was well behind everyone else but looks like Stoney and I are leading the way at the moment.

I now have 7 days to submit any comments.

[/FONT]

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • Chimper
    Chimper Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    I've had my response too. Although I haven't yet gone through it fully it appears to be another recycled effort. I have spotted a few inconsistencies though, with regard to when I've upgraded, but doubt they'd have any relevance. It just shows how sloppy they are.

I have had a previous complaint with T-Mobile. I don't want to publish it here at the moment, but information in their latest response contradicts something that they said in the previous one. It mainly shows that they're prepared to lie to get out of their responsibilities.

I also see they're back on BBC Watchdog again tonight :smiley:
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Chimper wrote: »
    I also see they're back on BBC Watchdog again tonight :smiley:

Where did you see that chimper?

Also interested to know about the lies / inconsistencies you mention - will it be used in your claim?

• Chimper
    Chimper Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Where did you see that chimper?

Also interested to know about the lies / inconsistencies you mention - will it be used in your claim?

From Watchdog Tweet:
    On tonight's show: the Post Office, Travelex, BMW, Flora, Orange, T-Mobile...plus a death-defying Rogue Traders BBC1, 8pm
    I need to evaluate the inconsistencies to see if they will help first. Won't have time today unfortunately.
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Anna, are you still about - what's happening with your claim? I thought I was well behind everyone else but looks like Stoney and I are leading the way at the moment.
    [/FONT]

I submitted my comments 19 May, so should have had a decision by 10 June, but I received an email from CISAS last week to say the adjudicator had to be replaced. I expected this to mean a further 3 week wait, but CISAS have told me they will have the adjudicator's decision by the end of this week and will forward it to me then.

If it's a positive outcome, I'm not sure others could rely on this to gauge the outcome of their own case, as TM made no defence at all re: breach of contract for my case (this was around the time CISAS were saying they couldn't look at the breach of contract issue as it was a result of the business decision).

I'll post the decision on the forum as soon as I know either way :)
  • Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    anna2007 wrote: »
    I submitted my comments 19 May, so should have had a decision by 10 June, but I received an email from CISAS last week to say the adjudicator had to be replaced. I expected this to mean a further 3 week wait, but CISAS have told me they will have the adjudicator's decision by the end of this week and will forward it to me then.

If it's a positive outcome, I'm not sure others could rely on this to gauge the outcome of their own case, as TM made no defence at all re: breach of contract for my case (this was around the time CISAS were saying they couldn't look at the breach of contract issue as it was a result of the business decision).

I'll post the decision on the forum as soon as I know either way :)

Thanks, fingers crossed for you. Strange that they didn't submit a defence - what chance they use the old small claims court excuse of "we didn't receive the paperwork"? Anyway although we can't use it as a barometer for our own cases, will still be interested to know if CISAS have the balls to a) rule on the issue, b) rule against the corporate giant and c) to what extent they will rule.

• anna2007
    Options
    Chimper wrote: »
    It mainly shows that they're prepared to lie to get out of their responsibilities.

TM incorrectly dated an email in their defence to my CISAS complaint (even though they attached a copy showing the actual date). The email was sent to me from TM 4 days after my application was accepted by CISAS, but TM dated it 4 days before.

If I had no knowledge of TM's behaviour, I probably would have put this down to an admin error (even though the wrong date was referred to more than once). As things stand, I have no doubt that it was a sneaky attempt by TM to have the email considered as evidence. I've asked CISAS to disregard it as irrelevant to my complaint.
  • anna2007
    Options
    Strange that they didn't submit a defence

It was a case of TM being smugly confident that CISAS wouldn't rule on the contractual issue (I had also complained re: customer service issues and I think my case was only proceeding because of this).

A little bit foolish on TM's part, as CISAS then did the u-turn and started accepting these cases again. Looking at the defence TM are now submitting to CISAS, I'd say they are taking things a little more seriously now ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure