Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    i had one of those before i went down the CISAS route
  • d123d123 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I haven't received one.
    Please respond to [email protected]

It hasn't worked for me for weeks, bizarrely if I email [email protected] with my reference I have twice had an answer from the person acting for T-Mobile.

I think most of the problems and confusion relate to Orange staff handling T-Mobile complaints.
    ====
  • i had one of those before i went down the CISAS route

I just think it is strange that I had a turnaround from CISAS today accepting my complaint, and then an email from T-Mobile again stating their position. The last time I spoke with T-mobile regarding this issue was on 3rd May!
  • edited 30 May 2013 at 5:31PM
    NittyGrittyNittyGritty Forumite
    925 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 30 May 2013 at 5:31PM
    judging by your email
    Case Reference: XXX
    Account Number: XXX

if i,m not mistaken the case refrence is what you get when you get in contact with tmobile, if it was a response to CISAS from tmobile then it would have the case refrence given to you by CISAS.if you get me

id just sit tight and wait from an offical response from CISAS about your case you will hear by 13th either way i would have thought, as the email you had just seems a generic response from all the people that sent in "i want to cancel etc" as thats their offical stance in the hope it would stop people from taking it further i would guess
  • judging by your email

if i,m not mistaken the case refrence is what you get when you get in contact with tmobile, if it was a response to CISAS from tmobile then it would have the case refrence given to you by CISAS.if you get me

id just sit tight and wait from an offical response from CISAS about your case you will hear by 13th either way i would have thought, as the email you had just seems a generic response from all the people that sent in "i want to cancel etc" as thats their offical stance in the hope it would stop people from taking it further i would guess

Yes the case number is the same number used throughout all previous tmobile correspondence. This Email has just came out of the blue and is very similar to one I was previously sent by the same guy almost a month ago. Seems too much of a coincidence that I have received correspondence from both parties within a couple of hours of each other...

Like you say though, I should hear by the 13th either way.
  • stoney73stoney73 Forumite
    88 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just received this from cicas:
    CISAS Case No: XXXXXXXXX - stoney1973 v T-Mobile (UK) Limited
    We acknowledge receipt of a request from the company for an extension of time in which to submit their defence. Under CISAS rules, one 7-day extension is allowed and we therefore expect the defence on or before 06/06/2013.
    If the defence is still not received by this deadline then we will proceed with the appointment of an adjudicator and refer to the adjudicator the documents received to date. The adjudicator may then proceed to determine the dispute ex-parte on the basis of the statement of claim documents.
    Alternatively if the adjudicator sees fit, he / she may direct that the company may have a further extension of time within which to submit the defence to claim.
    Yours sincerely
    Mr Jean-Marie Sadio
  • stoney73stoney73 Forumite
    88 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    anna2007 wrote: »
    Stoney - was this new evidence submitted after CISAS accepted your application? If so, be careful - sorry, but I no longer trust CISAS to be looking out for the customer's interests. The rules state that any further evidence submitted at this stage might delay the application, as TM could ask for more time to consider it. You should be ok, because CISAS have advised you to include it in your comments on TM's defence, HOWEVER TM would be within their rights to tell CISAS to disregard your new evidence, because they didn't get the chance to see it.

I think you should email CISAS back, asking them to confirm that they will still consider your new evidence, even if TM object to it (on the basis that they haven't seen it). It's just extra protection for you if TM later try to twist it to their own advantage.

After sending an email asking Cicas to confirm, I received this earlier today:

Dear Mr stoney1973

!

Thank you for your email. As this stage you cannot submit further evidence, which is why we suggest you include it as part of your comments.

!

Once you have submitted your comments to us, the company will then get a copy of these so they will be able to consider the points you have said and the adjudicator will then be appointed. It is not the normal process but if the company wish to comment on any of the points you have raised, it is entirely at the adjudicator’s discretion as to whether they take the company’s further comments into consideration.

!

If they are included as part of your comments, the company are unable to object to them being admitted.

!

We trust the above clarifies matters.

!

Kind regards

!

Jordan Yates

Case Administrator
  • anna2007anna2007 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    stoney73 wrote: »
    After sending an email asking Cicas to confirm, I received this earlier today:

Dear Mr stoney1973

!

Thank you for your email. As this stage you cannot submit further evidence, which is why we suggest you include it as part of your comments.

!

Once you have submitted your comments to us, the company will then get a copy of these so they will be able to consider the points you have said and the adjudicator will then be appointed. It is not the normal process but if the company wish to comment on any of the points you have raised, it is entirely at the adjudicator’s discretion as to whether they take the company’s further comments into consideration.

!

If they are included as part of your comments, the company are unable to object to them being admitted.

!

We trust the above clarifies matters.

!

Kind regards

!

Jordan Yates

Case Administrator

Stoney - if you check your CISAS acceptance letter, it states:

"Please note that any further documents submitted after this date [of acceptance] may lead to your application being restarted in order to give the company time to consider them".

Also, 4f of the CISAS rules:

(see http://www.cisas.org.uk/downloads/CISAS rules PEC approved 26-1-11.pdf)

"...when we receive the company’s response we will send a copy of it to the customer. The customer then has seven days to provide any comments on the company’s response. These comments must only be on points raised in the company’s response and must not introduce any new matters".

Regardless, you now have it in writing from CISAS (twice!) that you can introduce the evidence in your comments, so you should be fine - unless, of course, CISAS does a complete u-turn later down the line ;)
  • anna2007anna2007 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    judging by your email

I agree, if anyone receives further communication from TM after the CISAS application is accepted, ignore it until TM submit their official response to CISAS. You'll have the chance to comment on it later if you think it'll help your case (or ask CISAS to disregard it if it doesn't).

I'd also suggest checking the dates of correspondence when you see a copy of TM's defence, just to make sure they are accurate...
  • RandomCurveRandomCurve Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    I'm still trying to get the media/consumer groups involved - latest email sent:

Re: You are missing out on one hell of a story

Dear Media/Consumer organisations,

I'm not sure if I owe somebody on this distribution list a big thank you, but this story is just taking on new turns everyday!

Further to the below where I informed you that CISAS the "Independent" adjudicator had been "lent on" by T-Mobile to withdraw from cases that it had already accepted, CISAS are now back tracking (hooray) when challenged as to why they are not accepting the case as everything a company does is a business decision, and the case is about T-Mobile breaching its own T&Cs not about the increases in prices. They now will accept cases. So not sure if you contacted them, but if so thank you.

The case is very clear for anybody who has a contract starting post Oct 2012 in that T-Mobile have to use an RPI at or lower than the RPI PUBLISHED BEFORE they write to you with a price increase, however T-Mobile are insisting that they can use a HIGHER RATE that was published 10 days AFTER they wrote to customers. So whilst it is crystal clear that customers can cancel without a penalty T-Mobile are doing everything they can to prevent customers exercising that right - and Ofcom just buries it's head in the sand and says it can't look at individual cases when there must be about 300,000 customers being denied their rights/"conned"/bullied into believing they can't cancel.

This story would make great copy as it exposes the lengths T-Mobile are prepared to go to deny customers their rights and also highlights how little protection customers actually have when you consider that Ofcom, OFT, and Trading Standards are all meant to exist to stop this sort of thing happening, but instead prefer to sit on the side lines passing the buck between each other. It is farcical, and sad, and enlightening all in one neat little story which will resonate with anybody who has a mobile phone contract.

Feel free to contact me if you want the whole story with all the dirty little tricks and "punishments" that T-Mobile dish out to deter customers from exercising their rights (including taking hundreds of pounds out of customers accounts without permission).

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides