Don't waste your words I don't need,
    Anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or,
    What you plan to do.
  • ADAM001
    ADAM001 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stop press! just popped home for lunch to find a letter declining me due to the number of credit applications in the last few months,oops! time to get a credit report methinks!
  • louise1234_2
    Options
    I got a letter saying my application has been accepted - again no mention of credit limit or 9 months. Just T&C that say up to six months!

On the phone to India now - the customer service is terrible. First guy couldn't help me, and put me through to a line that cut me off! Call again and they can't find my details....

Finally get put through to someone British! who confirms it is 9 months, but says I cannot find out the credit limit... Push her on this 7 she 'speaks to her manager' & finds out for me. She also says it is possible to get increased when I get card.....
  • netlang
    netlang Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just been accepted by M&S. They did not acknowlege anything by email but did post out a form for signature and their terms and conditions.

I carefully read through their T&C's and found they only mentioned a 6 month balance transfer period. When I called (Indian call centre) they told me not to worry as I am a new customer I will automatically get the 9 months period. I kicked a little fuss as the form stated that I would be legally bound by these T&C's which were in fact 6 months and not 9 months. I have subsequently spoken to a supervisor and have been re-assured it will be nine months so a voice recording of our conversation was made to use if they try and wriggle out of the extra 3 months.

I was one of the first to be caught by Barclaycard on their 0% offer and I hope M&S are not trying to pull a fast one here also. I have requested that M&S get some new T&C's printed as the current ones I received a very misleading.

Be careful and read and understand all the T&C's
  • wuly78
    wuly78 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    I applied online yesterday, and get an email today. It clearly stated the following at the end of the email:
    P.S. don> '> t forget your card comes with 0% for 9 months on retail purchases and balance transfers - typical 15.9% APR (variable).

I'll keep the message just in case.
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    On the back of the agreement form is says 0% for 6 months. I spoke to a lady on the telephone (number on the top of the letter -- not in india). She said the this was an error and they had been sent an email asking them to tell callers they would definitely get 9 months. She said "don't worry" and seemed genuinely sorry for the mistake and confusion.

On the website it says 0% for 9 months on balance transfers made in the first 30 days. So I intend checking again I get 9 months when I phone to do a balance transfer. I also have kept the email and a copy of the website pages.

I am now waiting for the card.

One thing which worries me is a statement in the terms and conditions that payments to the account must be made by cheque or direct debit. I have signed the direct debit instruction on the agreement form but don't really want to pay like that. I also don't want to write cheques. I normally pay my cards by BACs transfer from my bank but it looks like they won't accept this. (This may also mean I can't transfer the balance off the card at the end of the 9 months :confused:). Or could it just be another error ....
  • timswf
    timswf Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    ...only £5,000.. and not able to raise until they see my spending habits! that habit will be one bt to egg... bah..
  • siva
    siva Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I was aksed to contact them with the details of the previous address and then subsequently the agreement was sent to me for signature. On checking the T&C, I also noted that it was 0% for 6 months (BT only). I called M&S and was reassured that 0% would apply for 9months for both purchases and BTs. They wouldnt tell me the credit limit though and look forward to receiving the card.

Siva
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport