M & S & more NOW 9mth 0%

Options

Comments

• Jacster_2
    Jacster_2 Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    Options
    On another thread I read, one of the posts confirmed that searches stay on your credit file for 12 months.
    :)
    If it was easy, everyone would do it!
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    Recieved an email today to say my application was accepted. I am in the North West.

I'm not sure this promotion can really only be target at the north west only though as the website is not regional, is it?
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I got a £3k limit. No great but hey it's better than a kick up the bum!

M&S said they'd be prepared to review after a few months so I could max it out with a BT to start off and then use it for 0% purchases if they increase the limit or as minimum payments reduced the balance below the limit.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Paperwork arrived and reverse side of credit agreement form states 6 months not 9 for BTs. Muppets. T&C's enclosed also state 6 months, though stranglely the T&Cs form says "These T&Cs apply only until 31st May, you'll be sent new T&Cs after that".

So I will have to call them to confirm the 9 months. :-(
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • sleepless_saver
    Options
    ericpode wrote:
    I've just rung the &MORE department of a large store in the Midlands and they confirm that the 9 months offer is available from that store. I suggest you ring you local store, ask to speak to the person in charge of the M&S credit cards and ask them whether they have the 9 months offer there. If they do, then apply for the card in the store and fill your basket with goodies as you will get 10% off your purchases that day. (It's probably a good idea to confirm the details with customer services IN THE STORE itself BEFORE you start to do your shopping to avoid any possibility of confusion.)

The 10% offer is granted irrespective of whether your card application is eventually accepted - you get 10% off your bill just for applying. I was told they don't even make any phone calls - you just fill in the application form in the store and you get the 10% deducted from your purchases. You can pay for your purchases any way you like (i.e. it doesn't go onto your M&S card, which makes sense as no one will know whether you've been accepted yet).

Provided your local store has the offer (and previous posts suggest there isn't a regional bias), it's better to apply in-store .... unless you don't like ANY of M&S products!

Be sure to take some proofs of ID - driving license, recent bill etc.

I was told yesterday by M&S counter staff that the offer had changed so that the 10% off is applied to your first purchase with the card rather than on application ??
  • welf_man
    welf_man Posts: 564 Forumite
    Options
    I applied on Saturday and got the 10% off.

On another note, the main reason I did was because I wanted to get loads of half-price food with 10% extra off (!) but there wasn't any veggie stuff at half-price, which is a bit annoying.

Mel.
    Though no-one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.

(Laurie Taylor, THE no. 1864)
  • david78
    david78 Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    Options
    So I will have to call them to confirm the 9 months. :-(

Have you got it confirmed then?
  • simonleblank
    Options
    I have my e-mail acceptance last night, took 18hrs from application. 9 months BT confirmed. Just called to get my limit but must wait till I get the card and phone to activate. Lad on the phone said they will haggle if I think its too low!
    Forgot to mention, minimum payment is 3%
    Don't waste your words I don't need,
    Anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or,
    What you plan to do.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    david78 wrote:
    Have you got it confirmed then?

I had it confirmed yes but only by someone in an Indian call centre. They said the application form was 'generic' and that I would get 9 months. I'll ask for it in writing when the card comes and I activate it.
  • ADAM001
    ADAM001 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive applied for mine,still no reply,no e-mail,nowt! im obvisously not even worth the paperwork !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure