Post of the Month - June

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
89 replies 11.5K views

Replies

• SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree - Funkymum really deserves this! Thanks Funkymum, my Christmas presents are all sorted now - and it's only June!
  • sparky61sparky61 Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Funkymum should get the £50 post of the month award. I missed this too because I was waiting for the official start dates :(
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please nominate your most Useful/Helpful Post of the Month £50 award by replying to this post Also please do not lobby to win the prize - it's not cricket!

Please include

A. A link to the specific thread/post
    B. Why you think they should receive the award (no more than one paragraph)

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • GraniteMumGraniteMum Forumite
    68 Posts
    Here goes... this may be too technical for me

The thread is
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Urgents;action=display;num=1086357973

And it is for Funkymum spotting the Boots 50% off. I got in on time and this has made a huge difference to my monthly budget. I was able to afford some extras as well as save money. And she missed it herself!
    Thanks Funkymum, a great spot.
    She slashed every one of us
  • DiggingOutDiggingOut Forumite
    770 Posts
    Seems to me if anyone wants to win post of the month, they ought to save their really good posts for July -- because Funkymum has June all wrapped up! :)
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • plumpmouseplumpmouse Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Yep another vote for funkymum from me.

Didn't benefit from the tip but wish i had
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • JasJasJasJasJasJas Forumite
    4 Posts
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Tech;action =display;num=1081380677

Far and away the worst scurge we face as personal computer users is the threat of & infection with junk mail, spyware and infestations. Interesting how I'm sure the personal liberty infringement would astound the Americans if it wasn't so subtle (laugh!!) and yet they seem to be the perpetrators. In general we all get far too much junk mail - that's one of the main reasons why we moved to electonic mail ... [glow=red,2,300]and lets face it our wives have large enough male genitals thanks!![/glow]
    ;):D ;D >:( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-* :'(
    So everyone should do the decent thing and block them out. The alternative is buying a new PC because you think you need a faster one - YOU DON'T: YOU JUST NEED A CLEANER ONE!!!!
    Titch :)
  • sloppychopssloppychops Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also another vote for Funkymum from me :)
    "Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
  • bigjdbigjd Forumite
    9 Posts
    Well done funkymum, you get my vote!

I got a Canon MV600 digital camcorder for £150 plus an Olympus C150 digital camera for £50 thanks to this post!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides