Forum Home» Competitions Time» Game Over

The Compers Inn Part 40 - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Compers Inn Part 40

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Game Over
3.8K replies 67.7K views

Replies

• EMMAPEMMAP Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    AlfieBlue wrote: »
    Am I envious? Oh yes, yes, yes! Do you have room for a wee tiny alfie in your suitcase? :D :rotfl::rotfl: xxxx

If you're willing to wait several years until I can afford it again, sure ;)

:rotfl:

Saving up for a RTW trip was honestly one of the best things I've ever done. Even if I have come back poor and jobless :D
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • paadzerpaadzer Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I am unsure where i am going on holiday (it will be in August as my friend who is going with me works in a school). As my friend is scared of flying can anyone recommend anywhere to go that is on the Eurostar (not in France or Spain as I would like to visit a different country)?

I am also going camping in May, June and August and to a festival in July.
  • wingobinswingobins Forumite
    20.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That trip to Fiji sounds like a dream EmmaP! I would love an exotic hol like that...maybe when the kids get older and I can go with misery guts! :p

Sounds like you've had a wonderful break Sheils! :) you're very clued up when it comes to finding bargains and breaks. Do you ever write a review for trip advisor too? I wrote twice when I went to benidorm and Crete!
    When me & DH were on honeymoon we met a couple from Ayr who invited us to stay whenever. They live in a big house by a lake, that's all I know! We never did go to see them again but they still send Xmas cards to us :)

My DD2 has got a street dance performance tonight at the Boro match. Her dad & bro has gone with her, I just hope hubby records it!

What about Germany or Belgium maybe paadzer?
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • edited 2 April 2013 at 6:18PM
    sheils6sheils6 Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 April 2013 at 6:18PM
    Great everyone is thinking of their holidays. We love our breaks. Think this is the link to some Arran pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.455577681176975.1073741830.100001742420850&type=1&l=751ee279c2
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • EMMAPEMMAP Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    paadzer wrote: »
    I am unsure where i am going on holiday (it will be in August as my friend who is going with me works in a school). As my friend is scared of flying can anyone recommend anywhere to go that is on the Eurostar (not in France or Spain as I would like to visit a different country)?

Apparently Bruges is lovely. I've not done much of Europe myself (next on the list) but I have friends who've been there and say its lush. Plus- Belgium= the most delicious of all chocolate :D

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • EMMAPEMMAP Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    sheils6 wrote: »
    Great everyone is thinking of their holidays. We love our breaks. Think this is the link to some Arran pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.455577681176975.1073741830.100001742420850&type=1&l=751ee279c2

BEAUTIFUL sheils. What a wonderful landscape.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Gorgeous sunset going on now as I look out of my window.

• ellemmellemm Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Lovely pics sheils.

Thanks FF seems to be OK now, I was suffering severe withdrawals :D

My cousin went to Bruges last year and loved it, she is a great fan of city breaks and always takes the guided tours as she says you find out so much interesting stuff that way rather than just wandering.

Alfie, think I will wait a bit before venturing out to my wee garden, far too cold ;) and won't be doing anything energetic, just a tidy up after the winter. My small border just has shrubs and some herbaceous plants, bulbs and climbers so doesn't need much and my lovely next door neighbour cuts the grass.

Away to catch up with some comps :)

• fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    paadzer wrote: »

we went to Bruges in 2001 paadzer & enjoyed it tremendously, full of interesting things to do :)

used to go camping many moons ago, sounds like you've got a great summer planned :j

great pics sheils :j thanks for sharing :T
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a look at your pics Sheils, it looks lovely, thanks for sharing them with us.

Wingo - hope your DD gets on OK at the Street Dance tonight.

It seems funny seeing light at this time of night.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wingobins wrote: »

My DD2 has got a street dance performance tonight at the Boro match. Her dad & bro has gone with her, I just hope hubby records it!

sounds great fun wingo :j
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support