Forum Home» Competitions Time» Game Over

The Compers Inn Part 40 - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Compers Inn Part 40

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Game Over
3.8K replies 67.7K views

Replies

• AlfieBlueAlfieBlue Forumite
    14.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done all winners and hello katie - sending everyone hugs and warm wishes. :A:A

Yes ff - the turning over the the beds was a no no - like you say, we gotta wait a while, the soil is far too difficult to turn over :) xxx

Managed to do some flower borders tho, just tickling the top of the soil - removing weeds that hadn't gone too deep! Lazy I know but it looks ok at the mo. :o

Lol Wingo!!! I is being very careful ...... I think ...... been doing low level gardening on me hands and knees - can just about get upright when i'v done!!! :D :rotfl::rotfl:

Saw neighbour when out walking this morning, who has had hip replacement and she was out with step ladders :eek::eek:

I will stay low level for a while and am looking to order them long hand held clippers so I can prune while keeping my feet firmly on the ground. :D

May go out again to the garden for a wee while, then must do hoovering and ironing - long overdue :o. xxxxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    most of snows gone wingo :j but still some mounds of it in the sheltered areas,

that's not lazy alfie :A there's not a lot we can do realy until everythings melted proper :D then it'll be all go :j
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    th?id=H.4901091201518135&pid=15.1

th?id=H.4732140098880435&pid=15.1

Good afternoon all.

Alfie - you be careful what you are doing in that garden.

iluvcats, seen your post on iwoniwon - you naughty !!!!!cat letting us think you had won a grand lol.

Firefly - weather the same here, sunny, cold and trying to snow.

Wingo - lovely win for your DD, dance kit is so expensive these days.

Ellamm - so envious of you going to Greece for the summer, hope you have a lovely relaxing time.

Paadzer - could do with sorting my paper work out too, its a job I hate. Well done on the DVD win.

LM - hope you are all OK, glad to hear the Dexter is doing well.

Got back home to a Red Card, think it will be beauty products one of us won a while ago.

Must get on and try and catch up.

SYL
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • sheils6sheils6 Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10.gif

Hi everyone,

I am back. Had a lovely time in Arran and Ayr, was doing a little Robert Burns tour today. Went to see the Centre and his cottage (won tickets to them a while ago). Had seen his cottage before when I was a child but everything is in the Centre now. It is worth seeing. Also went to see the ruined church and bridge that are associated with the poem "Tam O' Shanter". Also had my photo taken with a life size model of a "moose" from the poem "Tae a moose"
    It was a lovely sunny day but we did have to wrap up.
    Stayed in a great little B&B, if anyone ever going to Ayr give me a shout and I'll give you their number. Its score on Trip Advisor was 9.8 which was why I booked them. Managed to get us both for £45 and got our room upgraded free too!
    Hope everyone is well.

Well done to all the winners.

Summer in Greece would be great elle infact I would be happy with 2 weeks. Still not sure whether to go abroad this year, really don't want to bother my parents with watching the kids. Might try for something in Sep/Oct if all our short breaks work OK.
    Must get some comps done now.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • EMMAPEMMAP Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Sounds smashing sheils! Nice little upgrade too! I love it when things like that happen and you're not expecting it.

I had that when I was in Fiji in December. A family wanted to stay in my beach front room and the owner asked if it was ok to move me. Turns out they moved me to the most expensive suite on the island that was also on the beach- totally free plus a free mini bar! Made a once in a lifetime trip that much lovelier (although I do want to go back because it was heaven!)

Anyway, enough daydreaming, more comping! Congrats on the win wingo :)
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 2 April 2013 at 4:59PM
    ellemmellemm Forumite
    11.3K posts
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    edited 2 April 2013 at 4:59PM
    Help .....can't get on to forum...keep getting whoops error 404 message. Can get on mse but not forum...on tablet doing this...any ideas

Back now I hope

• AlfieBlueAlfieBlue Forumite
    14.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EMMAP wrote: »
    Sounds smashing sheils! Nice little upgrade too! I love it when things like that happen and you're not expecting it.

I had that when I was in Fiji in December. A family wanted to stay in my beach front room and the owner asked if it was ok to move me. Turns out they moved me to the most expensive suite on the island that was also on the beach- totally free plus a free mini bar! Made a once in a lifetime trip that much lovelier (although I do want to go back because it was heaven!)

Anyway, enough daydreaming, more comping! Congrats on the win wingo :)

Am I envious? Oh yes, yes, yes! Do you have room for a wee tiny alfie in your suitcase? :D :rotfl::rotfl: xxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • lomaxsylvialomaxsylvia Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheils - So glad you had a good time away. It sound lovely. Have you got any pics for us this time (sorry being cheeky now)? Love looking at peeps pics.
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • edited 2 April 2013 at 6:10PM
    sheils6sheils6 Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 April 2013 at 6:10PM
    Sheils - So glad you had a good time away. It sound lovely. Have you got any pics for us this time (sorry being cheeky now)? Love looking at peeps pics.

Tried to load some to FB earlier Sylvia but it wasn't working - will try later. Arran was looking lovely with snow capped mountains so took quite a few!;)
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    2233461.jpg

got us all thinking about hols now sheils/emmap
    nature-051.gif

well done on the upgrade sheils :j:T

are you ok on the forum now elle :eek:

great pics sylv :j

suns still out here & it's a lovely evening :j

happy-093.gif
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support