altering a shed - possible?

Options
We are trying to maximise storage space and would like a shed that starts off at 3ft depth and narrows to about 2.5 depth. Would it be possible to buy a 3 ft one and cut it down, or would it not work and why? Our diy skills are fairly basic!

Comments

• Chopper_Read
    Options
    f11 wrote: »
    We are trying to maximise storage space and would like a shed that starts off at 3ft depth and narrows to about 2.5 depth. Would it be possible to buy a 3 ft one and cut it down, or would it not work and why? Our diy skills are fairly basic!

???

It's either 3 foot deep or 2.5.

Can you explain the full dimensions you require.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    He got the tape rule wrong methinks, well I hope he did.

Talking metres maybe:rotfl:
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • adonis
    adonis Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I assume the op means 2 and a half foot, I have added to a shed by buying one off ebay and cutting it to the size I want.

Perhaps the op can take a photo of where it is going or do a diagram of what he wants we can help more.
  • f11
    f11 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thanks and sorry to have confused! Perhaps wall store or bike shed would have been a better description of what we are after!
    I would like to buy a shed 6ft wide x3ft deep (ht not relevant). But the space we have is a side return /passage which narrows, ie the space we have is slightly triangular rather than a perfect rectangle- if that makes sense? A 3ft deep shed will be fine at one end but a tad too deep at the other. So, what I am really asking is : can a shed be cut down on a slanted angle? The finished footprint would be One side 3ft, front 6ft, other side 2ft6", rear (approx?) 6ft.
    What do you think?
  • Chopper_Read
    Options
    Yes it could.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Its going to be lot of work to alter it as you will need to shorten the back and end panels, to allow for tapering of the front.

Will prob be easier to buy some 1x1 battens and construct your own frame, then clad.
  • Chopper_Read
    Options
    flea72 wrote: »
    Its going to be lot of work to alter it as you will need to shorten the back and end panels, to allow for tapering of the front.

Will prob be easier to buy some 1x1 battens and construct your own frame, then clad.

Taper the back and leave the front alone.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Taper the back and leave the front alone.

Yes, i know. i was pointing out that it wasnt just a case of making one end narrower. You would have to alter the front/back too to allow for the increased hypotenuse
  • womble12345
    womble12345 Posts: 585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also if it has a roof with an apex in the middle you may have issues....
  • Chopper_Read
    Options
    Also if it has a roof with an apex in the middle you may have issues....

How many 6x3 wall stores have you seen with an apex roof?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure