IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Parking charge

Replies

• Me again! Have had a letter last week - notice to keeper one - Do I have to tell them who was driving or is it ok to ignore this one, as I intend to do with any others?
    TIA :)
    Just a an aside I want to say thanks to the people on here who give people advice - when you read the posts and you see people asking the same/similar questions, it is admirable that every time you find the time to give worried people an answer. You are all stars! :)
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    There is no obligation to tell them anything at all if you don't wish to. It is up to you completely. You've had the advice on popla so you decide.

And thanks for the other comments, we try our best on here :) I like to give individual advice so you can see that it's not just ignore ignore or appeal appeal, people need to see all options.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • 27col27col Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Forumite
    Just as a matter of interest, how would they prove that someone had left the site. Not that it would go to court over such a thing. It's their word against yours. I can't imagine that they would have a photographic record of your meanderings around the area.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    27col wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, how would they prove that someone had left the site. Not that it would go to court over such a thing. It's their word against yours. I can't imagine that they would have a photographic record of your meanderings around the area.

And even if they did, how would they be able to put a name to a photo ?
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • nigelbbnigelbb Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    27col wrote: »
    In fact a very similar case has been to court i.e. the famous VCS vs. Ibbotson. This relied on evidence from the attendant observing Mr Ibbotson leaving a Wickes car park managed by VCS. The judge threw out the case on all sorts of grounds not least that there had been no attempt to mitigate losses i.e. the attendant just watched Mr Ibbotson walking away without warning him that if he did that a charge would be made. Here is the transcript of the case. It's a great read. The point about mitigation of losses is from line 16 on page 8 http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16231 The judge also said that if Mr Ibbotson had denied leaving the site that the VCS case would have been sunk as car park attendant was not in court to give evidence.
  • 27col27col Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Forumite
    Stroma wrote: »
    Exactly! Couldn't agree more Stroma.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • Stroma wrote: »

Of course - didn't even think of that - feel a bit dumb!! :o
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    Of course - didn't even think of that - feel a bit dumb!! :o

Don't worry about it, people panic when CCTV and ANPR are involved, they think they are bang to rights, nothing could be further to the truth, the fact is even if they had CCTV footage of you they probably wouldn't be able to use it at all.

And don't feel dumb, we've been around a bit and know most of the tricks of these scammers, they try and make you feel like the criminal and are guilty of some grievous crime, the truth is that its just a civil matter with no legislation apart from pofa 2012 to back their ridiculous scam.
  • OK next letter in the chain has arrived (final reminder - well 1st final reminder I guess! Nice picture of my car :) ). I did not appeal after last letter as I had to go in hospital for operation and didn't have time or inclination, so thought I had missed the opportunity - out of interest have I?
    TIA
  • StromaStroma Forumite
    8K Posts
    Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    The notice keeper arrived in May looking at your posts above, you probably could appeal, but it would be pointless if you didn't then take it to popla.

Hope you're feeling better now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides