PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/s Daily Thursday 28th March

Options
O/S Daily Thursday 28th March This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well”
:jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j

Comments

• halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:j:j

Chilly here again this morning

A Good Nights sleep for me, :j:j Well For me its more of a great nights sleep:j:j

Bed 10:15 fast off as soon a soon head hit the pillow again,

Woke up just before 2:00am Sip of water, And fell straight back off again. Woke back up at 5:00am Wide a wake,

So That;s a full nights sleep for me,:j:j

Busy day here for me, Well somewhat busy anyway,

FIL is coming to pick up the old broken Tumble dryer, he is going to take it to weight It In, Says we might get a fiver for it,
    He is coming at about 9:30.

between 11:00 and 12:00 the new Recon secondhand tumble dryer is coming,

Then this afternoon I need to pop to Aldi, There is not a lot of stuff I need to get but there are a few bit we do need.

The girls will be having dinner at my Mums and Dads tonight.

They break up from school Today, Two weeks off for them,
    They have there dance lesson tonight too,

My wife is at choir tonight as well, they have there has not been any for two weeks for her,

I shall pick me up an Oven pizza from Aldi, For my dinner tonight. And est the whole to myself, The one good thing about steroids, You can blame them for the pigging out!

Normal tidying Jobs to get done too.

Well I hope that you all have agreat day,

Keep warm,well and safe,
    Not much let up In the cold blast for most of us.,

Looks like it might be a white Easter:j:j:D

Enjoy

Cheep , Cheep , :j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Thanks Halight for saving me from having to start the thread, phew!

It's still cold today but definitely not as cold as it has been these last few days. Which has reminded me that we urgently need to sort out the cracked windscreen before it gets any worse, I am just baulking at the insurance excess and the possible effect on the renewal cost this year :(

Am in work today and then off again for 5 days. I need to stop being apathetic or pathetic and get on with some stuff so am going to make a "Do over Easter" list and work through it.

Am trying to decide whether to go and visit an animal rescue and consider a new arrival as the two remaining naughty little pets seem to be fretting terribly and so are me and DH. I just don't know if it's too soon for all of us or if sooner is better.

First day on 5:2 diet was great, now all I need to do is be good today. Am planning cottage cheese with rough oatcakes for breakfast, soup for lunch and salmon with stir fry for dinner and LOTS of water. I forgot to get weighed yesterday but I generally judge the effect of diets by my clothes and they all feel tight at the moment :o

Julie - congratulations on the news from Australia! October must be the month for babies, my friend in work and his wife are expecting their first baby on the 1st of October.

Time to get going for work, so will leave with well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those who need them or just want them. Keep warm, safe and well and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Halight for saving me from having to start the thread, phew!

Why don't we book you in to start it off tomorrow ?

It really is not hard, and No one will mind you starting it,

In fact they will be thank full that it was not I that started for once.!
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    I have a to do list for Easter it includes making an 'If I'm Dead' file and sorting all the relevant paperwork into one place.
    Tesco shop to collect tonight, £72 for the month, I'll shop at the butchers on Saturday for meat & veg.
    It will be a long day at work today, kids leave at 12, teachers leave between 1 & 2, leaving loads of work for admin staff, we often work through 'til 5.
    I went straight from work to DD2's y'day to look after DGD2, I didn't get in 'til late, it was fun, she's so funny, 2 & a bit & no terrible 2's yet.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    hello all lovely and sunny here but very cold ,glad you had a good nights sleep halight. today will be work until 3 pm then home , dinner tonight is white fish done in pan and seasoned and hm garlic bread and coleslaw yummmmm. tomorrow finishes me in work till next thurs so a bit of bed stripping, dusting and hoovering and thats us for Easter. hopeit heats up a bit...well at least thaws some .havea good day all xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 March 2013 at 8:00PM
    Options
    Morning chums bright here at the moment ,but quite nippy as well.Halight I have been trying to remember the powder stuff that used to be put into the pot when I was small and Mum made up the chicken 'gruel' from god knows what I think it was an orangey colour and she had a big aluminium pot that was kept strictly for this purpose.All the food bits and bobs were put into the pot and brought up to the boil on the stove and this stuff was added.It had the most peculiar smell which I always associated with cooking chicken food Not a bad one but just perhaps a bit yeasty.Probably not used now but back in the 1940s-50s when it seemed anyone with a small garden even kept a couple of cluckers if they could .We had around half a dozen and when past their best we knew they were for the table.my Dad would never let any of us kids give them a 'name' for that reason.
    Well the children break up today for a fortnight and I only hope the weather bucks up a bit.
    Tomorrow night I am off to St g
    Georges centre in Chatham with DD to listen and watch the recording of this weeks 'Any Questions' for Radio Four, that will be interesting I managed to get a couple of tickets and I like to see the odd politician squirm a bit when confronted with awkward questions from the public :):):)
    Right time for shower,breakfast and then school run
    Take care all and keep wrapped up warmly
    JackieO xxx
  • nlj1520
    nlj1520 Posts: 619 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, sun trying to shine. Sitting waiting for my train yesterday I was in a patch of sun and it was so lovely to feel the warmth on my skin. could almost feel it doing me good!
    Yesterday's meeting went well, some good work going to come out that I think......by good I mean working towards things changing for the better, not well paid!
    Today I will go to the gym, do a food shop for the weekend as oh is coming here this weekend and then off to spend the rest of the day with my son. Some complicated stuff to sort out with staff around a day patient visit to hospital for him, with a general anaesthetic involved. We need to be sure and document that it is in his best interests as he lacks the capacity to consent.
    Food wise is undecided, probably take something with me for lunch and do a stiry fry for dinner. Haven't cut out carbs as trainer advised, but have more than halved them and it's not so bad so long as i am busy. If I am sitting watching TV or reading I start to feel that I want a BIG PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH!
    WM is on, house is reasonably clean and tidy, so time to indulge myself with knitting or something else creative in any spare time.
    Got a shock yesterday when I got (another) bill for repairs from my son's housing association in respect of the placement that broke down. Nearly £3000. Obviously son ahsn't got that sort of money, so I need to find it. No idea where to find that sort of money, so will talk to them about a payment plan. Difficult as I am self-employed and very part time, so cash flow is patchy. I am also concerned that the bill seems very high for what was done, so have asked for an assurance that competative quotes were obtained and the cheapest/most appropriate one used. I feel a bit as though I emerge from one thing with him, get time to draw one breath and then the next thing hits me! Feel terribly guilty at having booked and paid for holiday for May, not knowing this was coming up and the money would have made a big dent in this bill. I thought as he left htat placement last July that the bills were all in and paid.
    Sorry to moan on.
    Hugs to all who want or need them and have as good a day as possible.
    'Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.' T S Eliot
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,
    Halight you did really well last night!:T I didn't do bad, Started off the same as you, woke at 12, 3 and 5. So I'm happier:T
    Hester This is spooky, I was doing my "When I'm dead" filing and stuff yesterday too!:eek: All done now. One thing that hadn't occurred to me was if I died tomorrow, no one would know all my internet details. Banking, emails etc. So I have typed them all out and left the list with my will.

Going up to Lidl today as they have a garden parasol with a crank for my table at £29.99, which is the cheapest I have seen. B & Q wanted £50:eek:

Tesco coming this afternoon, along with OH, DD, SIL and DGD. Got baby tomorrow as Mum and Dad both working.
    Toad in the hole for dinner.

Have a good day.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning

Bright here hope it stays

Dd1 has been up all night with d and v. Bless her , she has been really poorly , she's asleep now so hopefully she will feel a lot better when she wakes up

Not doing much today , I do need to go to the local shops as I need to get 9 birthday cards for April :eek:, I do have some of the presents already from the b00ts half price sale I just need to add money to 2 cards for d nephew and d niece. I also need to get some coloured foil to wrap up a HM Easter egg that dd2 is making for dd1, not sure where to get that from , we do have a h0me bargains , might try there

The house is a mess , that needs sorting but I will take my time ore it .

Have a good day everyone xx
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 March 2013 at 8:55AM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hugs to those that need/want them that are having a hard/sad time at the moment x

Bright and sunny, wind has dropped, frosty to start to the day here this morning.

DH up and off to work stupid early.

Dinner last night was stew and dumplings, was ok, didn't really have enough meat so sorted through the freezer and dug out a LO box from a previous beef stew and added that, meat wasn't particularly good, but can't actually remember which butchers I bought it from, so at a bit of a loss to avoid it. Gas engineer fitted my new gas hob and oven yesterday and the dinner was cooked in it, so it will take me a day or two to get used to it. I'm really pleased with it though - it's much better quality than my old one even though it's second hand.

Work wasn't too bad yesterday, was in a training session most of the morning, so once I got home just did all my normal jobs I do on a Wednesday and the gas engineer arrived early - so that was good.

I went to DS2's parents evening and managed to speak to the vice principal regarding the incident - apparently it's not "normal" practice to write out to parents after an incident to advise them of what happened (which I told them I felt in this case due to the nature of the incident is completely wrong). She did say that now the matter is being investigated by the Police all the parents/carers of the children that were witnesses should have been contacted by the school prior to the Police contacting us and investigations will be held into this. I'm really still not happy and have no answers as to how the Police got my details - I have a sneaky suspicion that the details were given to them by the school - but as they've made such a lousy mess of this they are not going to admit it. I'm going to see if I get any contact from the school today and will then be writing a letter and will be contacting the governors and possibly ofsted. DS2 had mixed reports from his teachers, he's not academic at all, and really struggles.

Today I will be doing all the jobs that I normally do on a Friday - so will be heading to town shortly, the bank, a small food shop in A**i - as have bigger shop being delivered later. Want to try to get all the washing, drying and ironing done too - and the housework - should be able to see the carpet in the porch once I've had a good tidy through today! Tomorrow we will be getting up in the loft and starting to clear that out so when the bathroom fitters come they have free access to the areas that they need.

Keep safe and well, take it steady those with snow x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills