Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone getting the infamous TCB website daft behavior tonight?

Every now and then it insists my (long standing) account hasn't had its email authenticated yet, for no reason.

You click the link to send you your 'validation email' but it either never arrives or arrives days later. Not sure if its clicking on the validation email or if they just fix the problem their end but eventually it goes away.

Meanwhile it won't let you see your earnings page.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • star2000
    star2000 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yahoo Fantasy Sport delays in submitting claim
    I am waiting for a claim to be submitted for Yahoo Fantasy Sport. Topcashback has acknowledged that there has been a tracking problem for the site but I still have to submit a claim. Fair enough if Topcashback could actually deliver good customer service. But no - we are going round and round in circles. I have now been sent the same question 3 times on the username and email address I used on the Yahoo. I was asked this on the 30th April, then again on the 3rd May (when challenged on this I was told it was an error to ask again) and now again today the 17th May. This is delaying even submitting my claim. I am so fed up. They do not even read the answers to their own questions. What can I do to improve the customer service. I give up and am off to Quidco after this is sorted. Topcashback never again!!!!!
  • apga
    apga Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sillygoose, Yes, I am also getting this - twice now in the last month. I never receive the validation email (wouldn't like to say how many times I have clicked that one). I send the blank 'authenticate' email which promises your account will be validated within 24 hours - still waiting!! I'm also a long time member who hasn't changed any details to warrant this.
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    apga wrote: »
    Sillygoose, Yes, I am also getting this - twice now in the last month. I never receive the validation email (wouldn't like to say how many times I have clicked that one). I send the blank 'authenticate' email which promises your account will be validated within 24 hours - still waiting!! I'm also a long time member who hasn't changed any details to warrant this.

Curiously I just clicked the send email link again and it arrived instantly, then clicking on it worked. But as you say I don't see why it keeps coming back.

Good luck.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
  • Ivana_B_Rich
    Ivana_B_Rich Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    sillygoose wrote: »
    Anyone getting the infamous TCB website daft behavior tonight?

Every now and then it insists my (long standing) account hasn't had its email authenticated yet, for no reason.

You click the link to send you your 'validation email' but it either never arrives or arrives days later. Not sure if its clicking on the validation email or if they just fix the problem their end but eventually it goes away.

Meanwhile it won't let you see your earnings page.

I've had this twice in the last 2 weeks, like you I've had my account for years.

I raised a ticket but got no response. Having poked round the help pages I found that you can send a blank email from the address linked to your TCB account with Authenticate as the subject. I tried this and it was responded to within 48 hours. the address is authenticate@topcashback.co.uk for anyone who does not receive the autogenerated email

Source is https://www.topcashback.co.uk/AuthenticationFAQ

Just done it again so we'll see what happens. I've never had this issue before:(
    Saving a house deposit. Member no.7 100% of target :D

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@B_M when a traveller submits an online booking request that is accepted

@washable –I am really sorry this hasn’t progressed for you. We haven’t forgot about this and it is something we are still aware of.

@ sillygoose – I am sorry about this and am happy to get this sorted for you. Can you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@ star2000 - I will happily speak with the claims team about your claim to see if there has been a delay and if there has why this happened. In order to get this looked into I will need you to drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

@ apga – I am sorry you are having this email issue and can happily help. I just need you to email mse@topcashback.co.uk

@ Ivana B Rich – If the support on the help page does not assist I can also get this sorted if you email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When using TCB for grocery shopping, do I need a separate receipt for each item, or say can 3 items on same receipt for the photo upload.
  • littlereddevil
    littlereddevil Posts: 4,752 Forumite
    Options
    It is so annoying when cashback is declined ( more than once ) stating TCB wasn't the last site to be clicked through from, when often it is the ONLY site I have clicked through.
    travelover
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mutley74 wrote: »
    When using TCB for grocery shopping, do I need a separate receipt for each item, or say can 3 items on same receipt for the photo upload.
    All can be on the same receipt.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

@B_M when a traveller submits an online booking request that is accepted

Thanks again Matt.
    I've clicked through via TCB and made an enquiry. See how it goes, although when you can't book instantly online and the booking calendar hasn't been updated, it may not be available.

I'll update as and when, but many thanks.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback