Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• springblossom28
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I hope you are all looking forward to the weekend.

@springblossom28 – Don’t worry it can take 7 days to track. I would advise you to take a screenshot of the higher offer seen elsewhere. As long as we can see the offer was available on that date we will be able to award the cashback - even if a claim is needed.

@BristolLeedsFan – Please follow the correct processes to query declined commission and lodge a Claim via the Customer Care section of your account if you haven’t already done so.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    The transaction didn't track, so i put a claim in.
    The claim was declined on 31/03/17.
    Yesterday, a transaction was put in for the correct date but for £50?
    That changed to payable later on.
    I have posted on the claim that i was expecting £125. for the transaction. However, how do i put a highest cashback claim because the transaction didn't track as normal?
  • springblossom28
    Options
    I did take a screenshot of Quidco offering £137.50.

Do i wait till the original transaction is uplifted to the correct amount (£125) before putting in a highest cashback claim? Or do i do it now?
  • Shackeng
    Shackeng Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am I correct that the Financial Ombudsman will take up missing cashback claims? I have been waiting for 15 months for £63 from the Co-op via Topcashback.
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 April 2017 at 3:12PM
    Options
    Shackeng wrote: »
    Am I correct that the Financial Ombudsman will take up missing cashback claims? I have been waiting for 15 months for £63 from the Co-op via Topcashback.

100% correct.
    But first, you have to make a complaint (must be stipulated as a complaint) direct to the Co-op Bank and allow them to investigate. They will have 8 weeks to reach a decision, either uphold or dismiss your complaint. If dismissed, The Financial Ombudsman will take on your case, but it rarely gets that far.

Complaint could be - non-payment of promoted cashback from your agent (TCB) for taking out a financial product (ie mis-selling).
    They may tell you your complaint is with TCB, but that would be false. Topcashback are only classed as an 'Appointed Representative' (AR) and the Co-op Bank is classed as the 'principal'. The FCA state all complaints regarding their AR's should be made direct to the 'principal' as they are totally responsible for their AR's. Take no garbage, those are the facts.
    Also, go for compensation. I'd go for £100 minimum. Even if they uphold your complaint and agree your cashback, they may decline your compensation request, or offer less. You can still accept the cashback and continue with the FOS (Co-op will advise you of this) and let an adjudicator decide on the compensation. Compensation levels of £150 have been achieved with TCB / Co-op Bank promotions that have gone wrong.

Good luck, but for the future, never allow a financial cashback to go longer than 4 months. Complain then and all should be resolved within 8 weeks (but usually a couple of weeks).

This may help - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000MgCI0AAN
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@B_M - We remain committed to providing our members the correct information, we speak to the relevant organisations to ensure this is the case. Your or our individual members are not the referrers of a product and not those those due money, this is why members are advised not to speak to the merchant directly as the merchant is officially not paying them. As a referrer we, TopCashback have decided to be a cashback company and to offer all that commission to you. We decide how much of that commission is passed on to you and as a 100% cashback site we pass all of it - regardless of if this is £0 of £1000.

@Shackeng - I would ask you to directly email us regarding this matter to mse@topcashback.co.uk.

@springblossom28 - That's right yes, please allow for the claim to be resolved before then posting on the claim to say you were going to put in a highest cashback guarantee about this.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Shackeng
    Options
    :huh::huh::huh:
    Hey everyone,

@B_M - We remain committed to providing our members the correct information, we speak to the relevant organisations to ensure this is the case. Your or our individual members are not the referrers of a product and not those those due money, this is why members are advised not to speak to the merchant directly as the merchant is officially not paying them. As a referrer we, TopCashback have decided to be a cashback company and to offer all that commission to you. We decide how much of that commission is passed on to you and as a 100% cashback site we pass all of it - regardless of if this is £0 of £1000.

@Shackeng - I would ask you to directly email us regarding this matter to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL].

@springblossom28 - That's right yes, please allow for the claim to be resolved before then posting on the claim to say you were going to put in a highest cashback guarantee about this.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Why would contacting you as above carry any more weight than the myriad messages and nudges I have sent through Topcashback?icon9.gif
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :huh::huh::huh:

Why would contacting you as above carry any more weight than the myriad messages and nudges I have sent through Topcashback?icon9.gif

Absolutely.
    After 15 months, why should you bother now?
    Are TCB trying to show some decency because you posted on a massive public forum?
    There is no doubt, after waiting 15 months, that you are entitled to compensation as well as the delayed (putting it politely) cashback.
    Ask TCB how much compensation they'll give you for all the wait, hassle and possible stress. If it's adequate, them let them resolve it. But, after 15 months, don't allow more than another week.
    TCB have failed you massively.

Again, good luck. The Co-op is your best route as you can take it further. TCB is unregulated.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Hey Matt, please re-read my post and advise on the stats question for Aviva.
    The FCA state going direct to the 'principal' and TCB state not to go to the 'principal' and deal with TCB.
    Would you recommend members follow TCB's stance or that of a regulatory body? I'm talking about common sense here.
    Another strange request from TCB Michelle, along the lines of, 'Go, go, go away, come back another day' (20th April. lol
    I'm sure she's winding me up.
    My AXA issue will be strongly escalated and compensation claimed if not payable tomorrow (Wednesday).

Best wishes,

B_M
  • Shackeng
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    100% correct.
    But first, you have to make a complaint (must be stipulated as a complaint) direct to the Co-op Bank and allow them to investigate. They will have 8 weeks to reach a decision, either uphold or dismiss your complaint. If dismissed, The Financial Ombudsman will take on your case, but it rarely gets that far.

Complaint could be - non-payment of promoted cashback from your agent (TCB) for taking out a financial product (ie mis-selling).
    They may tell you your complaint is with TCB, but that would be false. Topcashback are only classed as an 'Appointed Representative' (AR) and the Co-op Bank is classed as the 'principal'. The FCA state all complaints regarding their AR's should be made direct to the 'principal' as they are totally responsible for their AR's. Take no garbage, those are the facts.
    Also, go for compensation. I'd go for £100 minimum. Even if they uphold your complaint and agree your cashback, they may decline your compensation request, or offer less. You can still accept the cashback and continue with the FOS (Co-op will advise you of this) and let an adjudicator decide on the compensation. Compensation levels of £150 have been achieved with TCB / Co-op Bank promotions that have gone wrong.

Good luck, but for the future, never allow a financial cashback to go longer than 4 months. Complain then and all should be resolved within 8 weeks (but usually a couple of weeks).

This may help - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000MgCI0AAN

Thank you so much for this helpful information. I have just spoken with Co-op insurance making a complaint of mis-selling, and requesting payment and compensation. They promise to contact me within 5 days. I will post the results here.
    Thanks again.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you so much for this helpful information. I have just spoken with Co-op insurance making a complaint of mis-selling, and requesting payment and compensation. They promise to contact me within 5 days. I will post the results here.
    Thanks again.

Thank Matt, Michelle and Samantha from TCB.
    If they had resolved my issue without repeatedly telling me to wait and basically I'll get paid if and when TCB get paid, I wouldn't have been posting here.
    TCB are aware of the route to take and have known for ages and ages, years to be totally honest. Maybe they still think TCB rules supersede those of regulatory bodies. They could have informed you of the route to take ages ago.
    But well done for acting swiftly, you have been let down and that's despite the TCB 'fair play policy'.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/about?cat=FairPlay

Have a look at this thread and see how it went, especially the compensation side, which you are due - nobody (with any sense) can argue with that.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72139204

When all is finally resolved, be proud, proud that you have achieved what an 'award winning cashback site' couldn't.

I'm looking forward to your success post, it can only help others that have been 'screwed'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback