We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

~~ Make £10 a day challenge April 2013 EVERYBODY MOST WELCOME TO JOIN ~~

Options

Comments

• GreyhoundAngel
    Options
    dgilgun wrote: »
    Hi!

I am in rather desperate debt and saw this thread and thought it would be a great idea to join in.

1. Does it actually have to be £10 each day or is that just averaged (so you can earn £30 one day and nothing the next etc)

2. It says in the OP that you can "save" the money as well as earn it. What sort of ways can you make the £10 a day by saving - what counts as this ... not spending on something you wanted, or...?

Thank you and fingers crossed for some extra ££ soon!

Cheers
    Dan

Hi & Welcome Dan,

No it doesn't have to be exactly that amount each day .. it's taken on the averaged .. so really the goal for the month would be £300 (ie £10 x 30 days of April) . It also doesn't have to be £10, some do £5, others £20 etc - the choice is yours!

With "saving" money ... if you bought £30 food, and had coupons for £5 ... you could count that £5 in your monthly earnings provided you use it to pay off a debt or similar.

Hope that helps
    Angel xx
    ~ On the Road to Making Dreams Happen ~
    January £10 a Day Challenge £ 0.00 / £750 - (Running Total £1,512.11)
    52 Week Challenge £ 0.00 / £1,378

Debt Owed £23,200 / £19,251 - Mtge Owed Bal £140,000 / £130,940 - Total Debt Balance Owed : £163,200 / £150,191
  • TractorPie
    Options
    Thanks GreyhoundAngel and Rosie; you've lessened my paranoia (slightly!) :D

I'll just keep checking and trying :)

Thanks again,
    Rebecca x
  • gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Please add me for £10.00 a day please. Not sure I will make it but it gives me a goal to work to.
  • ProfessionalTeaDrinker
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to this but want to try for £5 a day please.
    MFW #103 £992/£3,000 
    Make £2,021 in 2021 #45 £337.13/£2,021
  • CuteAsButtons
    Options
    Hello fellow money savers :wave: I have really neglected the MSE forums this last month. Seems like everyone has been very busy bees making lots of money though :D

Am now a full time carer to my nan who is out of hospital after breaking her hip in January. She's now incapable of doing anything for herself so this past month has been a toughie and I've been run ragged with her and the kids.

I have somehow managed to stay on top of my earnings, finishing March on a final total of £163.43 (£8.43 over target :beer:). I've managed to hit redemption on four sites, one of which was Populus where I made a whopping £22.00 in March, an absolute record as it's taken me since September last year to hit £50!

I'm up for the April challenge at £5.00 a day again and this month should be a pretty good one as am due £162 or something like that for delivering Yellow pages.

Hope everyone has a super April....Let's go make some money people :j
    £10 a day challenge Jan: £163.31 / Feb: 151.61 / March: £163.43 / April: £142.84 / May £342.21 / June: £182.32 / £203.09
    £10 a day challenge August: £30.70
    Sealed pot challenge #6: Member 1965: £314.76

:beer: Every penny not spent is a penny saved :beer:
  • dgilgun
    Options
    Hi & Welcome Dan,

No it doesn't have to be exactly that amount each day .. it's taken on the averaged .. so really the goal for the month would be £300 (ie £10 x 30 days of April) . It also doesn't have to be £10, some do £5, others £20 etc - the choice is yours!

With "saving" money ... if you bought £30 food, and had coupons for £5 ... you could count that £5 in your monthly earnings provided you use it to pay off a debt or similar.

Hope that helps
    Angel xx

Perfect.... thank you so much. I will stick to my £10 per day and fingers crossed I'll get there by the end of April!

Cheers,
    Dan
  • FlyingDonkeys
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    How old are you?If you are under 19 you can enquire about an.apprenticeship in Health and Socia Care.

Thanks so much for that idea.
    No over the 19 - but have been looking today and emailed a couple of ads to do some part time.
    Been busy on Ebay -put stuff on .99p auction but no bites yet.

Seem to have lots of Canon cartridges (empty) and looking for sites to sell them http://!!!!!!!.com/c977nxt they are stupidly expensive but no one seems to want to buy them to refill.

Wondering if making cakes would be a way to make some money.
    Flying Donkeys- Do no harm to others and you will benefit in more ways than one.
  • FlyingDonkeys
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    :hello: and welcome to all newbies. And welcome back to regulars, and lurkers :)

I won't greet you individually as I get accused of all sorts :D

Have a read of the first and second post, if you are unsure of anything just ask.

You will find that as people post their totals and how they made them you will get inspiration for moneymaking.

Try to join in and post every day or at least once a week, it keeps you motivated :)

And for those who didn't know, it is free listing this weekend on ebay for the full 4 days of the bank holiday.

Good luck everybody.

How do you earn from Paypal?
    Flying Donkeys- Do no harm to others and you will benefit in more ways than one.
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    count me in again for ten.... have already declared on march thread then got unexped sale so £1.50 to start me off:j
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • Goldblend_2
    Goldblend_2 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :hello:

I'm in please.. :T

Can I say £90 for the month or £3 a day as I desperately need these funds for May :eek:

Would be good if I can find a way to make it.

Welcome to a fantastic challenge any newbies..:T

Big sloppy :kisses3:

And

:easter_os everyone.

Boo back to the grindstone on Tuesday, :eek:
    :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing