We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

~~ Make £10 a day challenge April 2013 EVERYBODY MOST WELCOME TO JOIN ~~

Options

Comments

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome to all newbies :hello:

good luck with this month's challenge. If you have any questions, please ask.
  • GreyhoundAngel
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    I hadn't updated anything, which is why I hadn't updated your challenge.

Have done now.

Thank you muchly Mrs Oracle :p
    ~ On the Road to Making Dreams Happen ~
    January £10 a Day Challenge £ 0.00 / £750 - (Running Total £1,512.11)
    52 Week Challenge £ 0.00 / £1,378

Debt Owed £23,200 / £19,251 - Mtge Owed Bal £140,000 / £130,940 - Total Debt Balance Owed : £163,200 / £150,191
  • GreyhoundAngel
    Options
    Well, having spent ages trying to measure things & estimate what new size postage category they'll fall into ... I decided to get creative ... and have made my own measuring guide. Now I can just see if items will fit through the holes and I'm good :p

I've deliberately made the "slots" slightly smaller than the official sizes to err on the side of caution - hopefully that will help me speed up on listing the stuff ... ;) Oh, and in true MSE Style ... I mangled one of the cardboard boxes I've just emptied :rotfl: One less box under my feet :T

Debt Owed £23,200 / £19,251 - Mtge Owed Bal £140,000 / £130,940 - Total Debt Balance Owed : £163,200 / £150,191
  • FlyingDonkeys
    Options
    Thanks Aesop
    Starting today for £10 a day.

I like someone's idea of a £1 in box if they use something up.
    Collected 50 for a bag sold thru someone. A bit miffed I had to give them £5o but then it's real money. Trying to work out if hassle of ASOS is likely to sell stuff.

Selling Some vintage designer shoes I am trying to sell for a girlfriend but it's disheartening doing stuff without knowing the outcome. Wondering abut care qualifications as I am amazing looking after people. :beer:
    Flying Donkeys- Do no harm to others and you will benefit in more ways than one.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like someone's idea of a £1 in box if they use something up.
    Collected 50 for a bag sold thru someone. A bit miffed I had to give them £5o but then it's real money. Trying to work out if hassle of ASOS is likely to sell stuff.

Selling Some vintage designer shoes I am trying to sell for a girlfriend but it's disheartening doing stuff without knowing the outcome. Wondering abut care qualifications as I am amazing looking after people. :beer:

How old are you?If you are under 19 you can enquire about an.apprenticeship in Health and Socia Care.
  • TractorPie
    Options
    Hi everyone,:D brand new to the forum but really keen to get involved!

Is it too late to join?? If not could i please be put down for £5 a day, thank you. :)

Also, i have a question, ive signed up to what seems like a million different survey sites but whenever I try to complete some I never seem to "qualify", for anything! Am i doing something wrong in particular?

Thanks in advance :D
  • GreyhoundAngel
    Options
    TractorPie wrote: »

Is it too late to join?? If not could i please be put down for £5 a day, thank you. :)

Also, i have a question, ive signed up to what seems like a million different survey sites but whenever I try to complete some I never seem to "qualify", for anything! Am i doing something wrong in particular?

Hello TractorPie (loving the name!),

No it's never too late to join in ... heck - I'm usually the one the rolls in at least a week after everyone else :rotfl:

If you post with the amount you want to do per day (or for the month) Aesop will add you to the [STRIKE]inmate[/STRIKE] members list when she's next able to. :D

Re the survey companies ... don't worry too much, I regularly get screened out as well, you're not doing anything wrong - sometimes it's because they want people only from a certain "background", other times it's because they've reached the "quota" of people who have the same background as you and they need to have a wide variety. :)

Hope that helps!
    Angel xx

• Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    TractorPie wrote: »

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I get disqualified from lots because I am over 60 and my children are grown up but still manage quite a few so stick at it.

Just managed to get to £50 on You Gov so hopefully will get the cheque in time for aprils challenge
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • emmaglet
    emmaglet Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am in! Taking it 'easy' in April and just aiming for £10 per day (£300) as my new job will be in full force with lots of commuting.

Went to a boot sale today and bought lots of goodies to sell. Slowly working through getting them on eBay, and I've decided tomorrow will be a listing day too, as well as sorting through my stuff to sell.

Changing postage prices also means that I can edit listing titles, etc for relists.
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

:j Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida! :j
  • dgilgun
    Options
    Hi!

I am in rather desperate debt and saw this thread and thought it would be a great idea to join in.

I'd like to join the challenge to save £10 a day.

I have some questions, though:

1. Does it actually have to be £10 each day or is that just averaged (so you can earn £30 one day and nothing the next etc)

2. It says in the OP that you can "save" the money as well as earn it. What sort of ways can you make the £10 a day by saving - what counts as this ... not spending on something you wanted, or...?

Thank you and fingers crossed for some extra ££ soon!

Cheers
    Dan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills