PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Scarlet1982
    Options
    I found this thread really helped keep me motivated last month i managed to come in under budget.

I'm hoping to spend no more than £150 this month on food, toiletries and any cleaning items i might need.
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    **Whinging Warning**

My organic veg box company has got in touch to say they are stopping deliveries (they were great as unlike most "big name" companies they would substitute as many items as I liked so I basically got exactly what I wanted instead of having a set box).

I have to tax the car today (MOT yesterday was a fail but *somehow* we managed to pay only £65 including the fee to get it all done).

I am in agony! Monday morning found me at the emergency dentist - apparently a wisdom tooth has moved and is going sidewards causing an infection and trauma. I have antibiotics but am still in a hell of a lot of pain. I think it will have to come out. (Although I suppose I'm not eating much as can barely open my mouth so saved money and might lose a few pounds weight-wise).

There, feel better already for my moan.
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • Wentthedaywell?
    Options
    Thanks Coxy for doing this. Could you put me down for £1600 for the year, thanks.
    Save £12k in 2022 thread #7:

Save £10,000 Jan-May 2022 THEN RETIRE!!
    Final total for (half) year: -£4,000
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nicki_Sue wrote: »
    **Whinging Warning**

My organic veg box company has got in touch to say they are stopping deliveries (they were great as unlike most "big name" companies they would substitute as many items as I liked so I basically got exactly what I wanted instead of having a set box).

I have to tax the car today (MOT yesterday was a fail but *somehow* we managed to pay only £65 including the fee to get it all done).

I am in agony! Monday morning found me at the emergency dentist - apparently a wisdom tooth has moved and is going sidewards causing an infection and trauma. I have antibiotics but am still in a hell of a lot of pain. I think it will have to come out. (Although I suppose I'm not eating much as can barely open my mouth so saved money and might lose a few pounds weight-wise).

Hey hope you feel better soon, big hug xxx in the meantime I'd suggest continuing to wiggle your bum on here, that is bound to help.
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    **Whinging Warning**

Aww *hugs*, hope you feel better soon!

No spends yesterday. Were out at a tasting with a wedding caterer so pretty full after that, OH bought us some snacks as well on the way home but out of his own money.

My dad has sent me some money in a card to take OH out for dinner as a treat :) he says no cheating and putting it in the wedding fund lol, so that will be a nice night out on Saturday :)
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    **Whinging Warning**

Aww feel for you love, hope its sorted for you soon.
    Slimming World at target
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sheeppappar, I've added your shortbread recipe to the index :)
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I feel a bit ashamed of my whinge-fest now (I will keep wiggling my bum though :p ).

Spends for today:
    Co-op £3.67
    Holland & Barratt £4.98
    Boots £1.85
    £10.50 total

I have my second Clare Barry online meat order coming today (Paid from April's money) which I'm looking forward to. Our first order was excellent and has stretched far further than I expected.
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • sefilby
    sefilby Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know how many people include cleaning products in their grocery budgets - P*undland are having a spring clean event. Go to their website and get a £2 off £12 spend voucher for various cleaning products including toliet roll and bin bags.

Nicki_Sue - hope you feel better soon, teeth cause nothing but trouble! My gran always bangs on about they're a pain coming, a pain staying and a pain going lol x
    Christmas budget £266.38/£535 15/27gifts
    Read a book a week challenge 50/52
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Please can you put me down for £80 this month - thanks

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure