Comments

• GoingToDoIt
    Options
    :T:Tcongratulations!!!!
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • GoingToDoIt
    Options
    So pleased that it has happened! The plan worked! You would never have thought this was possible 18 months ago...now it's xmas in a new home new job new location....so please for you Ena, had a little tear when I saw the update. Must have some dust in my eye.
    Jan 20 - NST challenge
    Jan 20 0%cc debt 7700/7700
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I turn my back for 5 minutes and look what happens. Hoorah :T:T:T:T:T
    You have done it :T:T:T:T:T
    It must feel amazing to have turned your life around 360 degrees.
    So very pleased for you. YOU DID IT. Bowing down and walking backwards here :D
    The fall sounds rotten. I hope you recover quickly but everything is completely overshadowed by your amazing news. :A
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ena,

So pleased to hear you've exchanged, that's FANTASTIC! So happy for you as I know how much you've wanted this! Hope the move goes well, I'm sure things will be hectic for the next few weeks but it will all be worth it in the end.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Huge congratulations on exchanging :j but sorry to read of your injuries... hope you're ok soon.
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Just a really quick update to say:

1. I'm alive and well
    2. I've moved into my lovely flat
    3. I've handed my notice in and only have 6 weeks to work

Hurrah!

I have no internet though, and I can't even get on mobile internet so not been able to update. I've been very busy at work trying to get things caught up and every lunchtime I've been updating addresses and doing all those things that need doing when you move.

But....it's all good. I feel such a relief to have moved but also, to hand my notice in was amazing. I can't wait to finish now and not have to drive miles every day!!

Anyway, I shall be back at some point. I've hardly done any surveys due to no internet and I'm missing that, and generally debt busting. Been a wee bit spendy on house things. Once I'm back online, I'll catch up with everyone.

Have a brilliant weekend y'all.
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,408 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to hear from you.
    Take care :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    That is brilliant news. So good to think you are actually in your new flat. You are a true inspiration to me :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great to hear that you've moved Ena and that everything you've wanted for such a long time is now coming together. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    It's been a while since I was here last :o It was ages before I got the internet set up and then the last 3 weeks have been very busy. Hope you all had a brilliant festive period :)

Everything is good, well definitely getting there. I knew I wouldn't be instantly happy once I'd moved to my hometown and left my job, I know it's going to take time, but the relief I feel for being away from the awful job is immense :D:D Perhaps it sounds a bit indulgent, but I feel like I really need some time to recover from the last few months of stress. All the work on my house, then the burst pipe, wondering if the new job would wait for me, wondering if I could manage money wise, packing my house, moving house, commuting back to my old job, continuing to do my old job when I hated it so much, finding a car to buy, starting the new job without a break between, dealing with the snow and trying to keep upright, Christmas......

I really want to do more and be more active but I feel so tired and the poor weather hasn't helped. But I think I shall just take a few weeks to get in the swing then I can start living a bit more. I absolutely love my new flat though – living on one level is just so me. Everything is nearby, I can put my washing away straight away instead of leaving it on the stairs and ignoring it, I can roll out of bed straight into the bathroom, I can vacuum without having to unplug! My 2 storage cupboards and small pantry cupboard are amazing, I've got more storage than I had in my house. I can see the street out of the front but there's fields at the back with cows! It's a small village with no shop or pub but it's on a bit of a crossroads so everywhere is pretty easy to get to. It's on the outskirts of my hometown, in the next village to where I came into the world, 2 villages away from where my nan lived and my mum grew up :heart: Its been a great move so far. I've had a few quotes for different things that need doing but I'm starting with the windows and a new front door which will hopefully be done in the next couple of months. It's going to take time to get it how I want but I am so excited about it ;)

Thankfully I do have some money left over from my house sale, plus the extra £5k I borrowed on the mortgage while I was still earning a decent salary so I should be able to get the bigger things done.

I have spent quite a bit already though – buying my own car! I did get a good deal though, I bought a trade car through my brothers mate, but by the time I bought that, the insurance, tax and getting it serviced, it was £2600. And I've hardly used it!!! The parking at my new job is horrific. Its a very busy hospital and the visitor parking is £9.60 a day (:eek::eek::eek:) and all the streets around are permit parking only. I have applied for a staff parking pass but I'm not sure whether I'll get one so I've been getting the bus for the bargain price of £5.20 a day!! *eyeroll* Honestly, it's really frustrating....but I knew it would be. I don't want to pay just over £100 pm to get the bus when I've got a perfectly good car that I can't afford to park where I work. Plus I have to wait an hour for the bus as the bus comes the exact time I finish and when I go on to the late shift or work weekends, I can't get the bus anyway. I am enjoying the job, there's loads to learn and it's interesting, but if I don't get a parking pass, I think I'll be looking for another job! I just don't want to expense, especially when I'm not earning much, I really don't want to get into debt, plus the time wasted waiting for the bus. I want an easier life where work doesn't take over everything – that's what I've given up. There's a new girl I work with and she travels further and has a longer day but she's much younger than me and just starting out her career – it's just a job to me! :rotfl::rotfl:

But I'm still glad I've done it. I'm away from the old job but if this one doesn't work out for whatever reason I refuse to get stuck in a rut. I'll be looking for something else. It would be shame as I think its a good job, but I don't want to wake up every day annoyed by transport issues. First world problem ;)

So that's me really. I feel a bit of a fraud being here now as I could pay off my last bit of credit card and my sofa loan - I've still got £560 on the CC and about £460 on the sofa, all on 0%.

All my survey earnings go into my CHEFS (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) account, which stands at £374.47, so any extra earnings from selling things will go towards my remaining debt. Otherwise, they'll just rumble on until they're gone. I am tempted to just pay them off but something stops me from just doing it, funny really.

So I feel a bit in limbo with my debt now – I've still got some but I'm not actively trying to pay them off, yet I'm yet not quite ready to move over to MFW. I'm going to think about putting my CHEFS on hold while I blast the CC down, maybe that's a good compromise. But 2018 is definitely the year I get free from debt!

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous new year :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family