Sell your gold - guide discussion

Options

Comments

• markcoyle52
    Options
    I recently sold 49g of scrap 9ct gold to Bullion By Post after seeing one of their adverts on TV. I had some old jewellery I'd been meaning to sell for a while so decided to take advantage of the recent jump in the gold price. I don't have any experience of other companies so I'm in no position to compare, but dealing with them was very straightforward indeed - I fixed a price (£570) over the phone, sent them the jewellery the same day (by Royal Mail special delivery, which I paid for) and was paid the agreed amount by bank transfer once they received it in the post. Having had a look around now it seems as though I could have got slightly more elsewhere, but their process was transparent, straightforward, and I'm around £570 richer so overall I have no complaints!
  • Sammysoot
    Options
    I went to sell some scrap gold to a high street buyer and was offered £199 I went on line to Hatton gardens and they offered me £360 so I sent my gold to them the next day I got a email to say a cheque was been sent to me for £381 so Im absolutely delighted
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2016 at 11:32AM
    Options
    Just a heads up warning on a new online company that use social media.
    " Vintage Cash Cow" based in Leeds.
    Here's the original thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5555318

This is one of their bits of marketing-shameful.
    Some people might call this a scam.....spread the word

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wrt2ZUHS8JY

I wish I knew how to save that video and the others in case they remove it.
  • Blueskies1000
    Options
    Has anyone used Gold 2 Quid. They are saying they offer the best price on the internet by providing a price match guarantee.
    So I guess you can't go wrong, assuming you have other offers first.
  • christon1
    christon1 Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi has anyone used www.cashforyourgold.co.uk ? Seems to have the best rate, but would like to know if anyone else has used them?
  • angelfs
    Options
    Sold 33g of gold at Lois Jewellery on March 17 2017. Received a few pence more then the advertised price on the internet. From sending off the gold to receiving the cash in my account took around 24 hours. I received £50 more then I was quoted from the best high street buyer. thank-you Martin Lewis for your advisory pages and thank you Lois Jewellery for providing a fantastic service. I highly recommend this company.
  • ANGEL_EYES_2
    Options
    Having used Hatton Garden Metals a few years ago and being happy with their service, I used them again.

I sent a small gold chain, an anklet and a pair of broken earrings.
    I put them all down as 9 carat gold as I wasn't sure how many carat the gold earrings were.

Sent them off on Monday at about 4.30pm by special delivery. Got an email on Tuesday informing me that my earrings were actually 18 carat which meant I was paid more money than I expected.

Payment was made into my account before noon.
    I am really happy with them yet again and will definitely use them again and recommend them too.
  • MargoMargo
    Options
    Hello Vigman. i sell my gold. can you give me good price? regards Margo
  • charlesrbeard
    Options
    I sent a gold crown that fell out to dentalscraprefiners.com. The online valuation showed about £20, so I sent it off to them. I got a letter back saying it is only worth £7.67 and they have a minimum order quantity of 30g. Only a dentist could send that much dental scrap, and this was not made at all clear on their website. The letter also charged me a penalty of £25 for sending them such a small quantity, so I actually owed them £17.44 for having the temerity to send them my gold tooth! If you are looking at their website - watch out for their 30g limit or you will get caught out like me. My opinion is to avoid them completely.
  • Wizwoo
    Wizwoo Posts: 675 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gold crowns can be sent via any gold buying business - it's gold afterall. Places I've worked have taken them in the past.
    Thanks,
    W
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport