NRAM Class Action on redress method.

Options

Comments

• lennonc1
    lennonc1 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya. Sorry I've been away lately dealing with missing cat and my partner now been made redundant so been up to my eyes with loads of s**** lol.

I emailed him back so he should be in touch soon.

As soon as I speak with him again I will let you know the outcome either way, but I won't hold my breath.

Waiting on another hearing about someone else as it will give us more of an idea of the position with the mortgages we have.

I definitely this this calls for class action now as the fos are not playing ball.

Hope you are well.
  • cot1198
    cot1198 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    lennonc1 wrote: »
    Hiya. Sorry I've been away lately dealing with missing cat and my partner now been made redundant so been up to my eyes with loads of s**** lol.

As soon as I speak with him again I will let you know the outcome either way, but I won't hold my breath.

Waiting on another hearing about someone else as it will give us more of an idea of the position with the mortgages we have.

I definitely this this calls for class action now as the fos are not playing ball.

Hope you are well.

Thats bad news, sorry to hear that.

Are we anywhere nearer getting media coverage? I contacted BBC watchdog as I think others have too. If they can do a story about a Subway sandwich not being quite a foot long, I think they can do a story about this.
  • cot1198
    cot1198 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    lennonc1 wrote: »

Hope you are well.

Yes. One Government department investigating another...... does not fill you full of confidence in their impartiality does it.
  • ukblondie1
    ukblondie1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    An ajudicator has been in touch now, why if they have made the decision?
  • ukblondie1
    ukblondie1 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I am going to request this is looked into by the ombusman rather than an adjudicator, has anyone had a response from this level yet?
  • manvdebt
    manvdebt Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    I myself received a response from an adjudicator. Have appealed decision and await response.

The FoS have no b@lls, although all reasonable avenues must be exhausted.

NRAM are very in the wrong with their unwillingness to negotiate and I can assure you all that NRAM will suffer in the longer term due to their arrogance.

When Creditors are in the wrong, they always fall from a great height.
  • lennonc1
    Options
    I have escalated my complaint to senior ombudsman as I didn't agree with my adjuidicator. Best he could suggest was if we were in financial hardship and had any arrears they could negotiate clearing arrears, as we don't have arrears but will have very soon due to redundancy and don't qualify for government mortgage help for at least 3 months, how will it be affected then. As it is in dispute do you think nram will let us make lower payments? I can't even be bothered speaking to them to ask! :-/
  • manvdebt
    Options
    You can use the pro rata method to offer them reduced payments on the unsecured loan part but that would reduce your negotiating power. It did cross my mind not to pay the loan part until i reclaimed the money NRAM took ;) that would allow me to redistribute the money where it should have been and i theoretically wouldnt be in arrears!
  • manvdebt
    Options
    Received confirmation today that the FoS will not uphold the complaint against the method of redress on loans under £25k.

Shocking decision if you ask me, but to be honest, nothing less than what I expected.

Other routes are now viable and will hold more weight. Will update details on the action group website when available.
  • lennonc1
    Options
    Yes you knew that would happen!!
    We can now start to apply pressure! We really need a press pack put together, do you think mr fass could do it justice as need to move quickly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure