123457»

Comments

• Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
  • griff90
    Options
    this company were great for about 6 months or so...
    then today i went to a petrol station to use my card and wow...the humiliation... so i phone them up, they advise me they have closed over 500 accounts after reviewing them (please note they aren't taking any applications currently...uh oh i guess they're in trouble!!!)

Well they said to me ' you've been in arrears and gone over your limit several time' check your facts out guys, i've NEVER been over my limit and always pay in full every month.

bottom line, they put a block on my card, claimed they emailed and wrote to me...they didnt!!! Bad news...
  • Jeeves007
    Options
    I applied for this card despite having a bad credit rating. They gave me a credit limit of £200. They card £15 for every £100 you borrow every month. The only time I went over my credit limit was when the monthly fee ( I,e £30) was applied. I paid on time every month by debit card until in March of this year they "suspended" my card for no reason or warning. When I enquirer I was told I did not match their credit criteria. I have therefore been trying to pay off my account since April and they still charge me £30 even though I cannot use my account. My bill of £180 has only been reduced by about £40 despite paying over £40 per month from April till July. I have now stopped paying as I feel I do need to be charged for an account I cannot use. They now plague you with calls from their overseas call centre every day demanding payment. I have written to them by letter and no reply has been received. A complete con company if you ask me. Stay away folks
  • DealGit
    Options
    Due to my spending habits in the past I was unable to get a credit card for years. At one point of time I could not even get a new bank account. So i decided to do something about it and I now have 5 credit cards even though I have 4 defaults on my credit file. And yes they are a Capital One Platinum, Aqua, Vanquish, Shout and Barclay-card Initial. Here is what I did: Research firstly is key. Having cash flow, budgeting plan is also key. And realizing you must loose a little to boost your credit rating is also a fundamental. You must review you credit file and see where the problem(s) lie. Most credit file and credit scoring offers a 1 month free membership subscription. However, Call credit is offering a service called noodle: free credit rating file free for life. You must start to repay back money you owe even if it is a small amount each month in a timely, organised fashion. And don't slip up once! In that same year I got a Virgin Media account and a virgin mobile contact all of which goes on your credit file. I also applied for a shout credit card and only ever spent 25% of the card.. well sometimes more but paid it of fast. After 2 whole years I applied for all credit cards mentioned and I got them all in one go, plus a very and kandco account, jdwilliams and jacamo. However, a bit naughty of me as you should never apply to more than 2 credits in 6 months/year. As it may be deemed as a potential risk to creditors. remember, I did this all with 4 defaults on my file. So I am certain I would have been able to get better credit cards if I had no defaults. However, here is a tip and what I should have done. Apply for CashPlus Gold Card with credit builder.. as you cannot get a shout credit card as of the date of this thread. Very and kandco account od jd williams and a mobile contract... not a rolling one. then after a year hit the rest.. every 6 months apply to two credits... be good! :A
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    DealGit wrote: »
    Call credit is offering a service called noodle...
    Noddle, actually.

Welcome to MSE :wave:
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business