Shout credit card

Options

Comments

• welshsue
    welshsue Posts: 571 Forumite
    Options
    My Hubby has a Shout(Rise) card and now wishes he hadn't. He gets at least 2 calls a week from their foreign call centre, you can't understand a word they say,talk over you and are rude. They don't seem to respect bank holidays either(called 8am Good Friday & the same today Easter Monday):mad:. Hubby's going to close his account and pay them off as his fees also jumped after their name change to £10 per £100!!
  • wilf381
    Options
    i have been a customer of Shout VISA Credit Card for about 10 month and had nothing but problems trying to take out one months payment twice the list goes on
    but today they have taken out the full amount £272.00 not the minimum amount of £60 ish pounds. its all come to ahead this morning when i tried to phone this morning (Sunday) after having no money in my account because of their error to be told i have given the authority to them to pay off the card each month " the previous months they have not" when i asked if they can send a copy of the agreement the operator had declined and said i must wright to customer services !!!!!!
    i have only one option to be save that is to stop trading with them after all there are better solutions out there
    but be care full if you are thinking of using this supplier i can only tell you about my experience and i am not a happy bunny:(
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    wilf381 wrote: »
    i have been a customer of Shout VISA Credit Card for about 10 month and had nothing but problems trying to take out one months payment twice the list goes on
    but today they have taken out the full amount £272.00 not the minimum amount of £60 ish pounds. its all come to ahead this morning when i tried to phone this morning (Sunday) after having no money in my account because of their error to be told i have given the authority to them to pay off the card each month " the previous months they have not" when i asked if they can send a copy of the agreement the operator had declined and said i must wright to customer services !!!!!!
    i have only one option to be save that is to stop trading with them after all there are better solutions out there
    but be care full if you are thinking of using this supplier i can only tell you about my experience and i am not a happy bunny:(

Shout is a very expensive credit card, so you're probably better off without them. Remember to close the account completely because, IIRC, they charge a monthly fee if you don't use the card.

You could ask your bank to refund the incorrect Direct Debit payment under the Direct Debit Guarantee, however, as Shout appears to be totally disorganised, that may cause you a big headache in the long run.
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is a card worse than that! I care for a gentleman who has mental health problems. He had the well known Cashplus prepaid card. However they emailed him an invite for a Cashplus full credit card. He was accepted with a £250 credit limit.

He bought a book online for £16.75, used this new card of theirs, he asked me to check how to pay for it etc.

So, I paid on his behalf the £16.75 in full plus a 50p 1 day charge.
    Thought that was it,as it then showed a zero balance, but have now found out they have been continually charging 50p a day and he has ended up paying over £65 in interest!

They don't notify you via email or post to let you know they are still charging. On the statement if you can call it that it just says credit charge, but no breakdown of what the charges cover?

Finally last week there was a balance all debit charges of £25.50 so again I payed it and again it said oo.oo balance.
    Blow me I said to him yesterday let me check that Cashplus and there is another £13.50 debit charge again. Can't get rid of it.

I've put in searches regarding this credit card with Cashplus and cannot find anything. He still has the original email from them inviting him. He thought like I thought he paid for the book in full by the due date, it then showed a zero balance and that was it all paid for

I am annoyed because the statements just says "debit interest" no breakdown, wish I could put it on here but not sure how to do it.

He also as a CPN a community psychiatric nurse, I am going to write to them with his permission and see if she can write to them as well.
    It is a very devious and unclear product, he only got the card to buy books as that is his main interest.
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    Bosie wrote: »
    There is a card worse than that! I care for a gentleman who has mental health problems. He had the well known Cashplus prepaid card. However they emailed him an invite for a Cashplus full credit card. He was accepted with a £250 credit limit.

He bought a book online for £16.75, used this new card of theirs, he asked me to check how to pay for it etc.

So, I paid on his behalf the £16.75 in full plus a 50p 1 day charge.
    Thought that was it,as it then showed a zero balance, but have now found out they have been continually charging 50p a day and he has ended up paying over £65 in interest!

They don't notify you via email or post to let you know they are still charging. On the statement if you can call it that it just says credit charge, but no breakdown of what the charges cover?

Finally last week there was a balance all debit charges of £25.50 so again I payed it and again it said oo.oo balance.
    Blow me I said to him yesterday let me check that Cashplus and there is another £13.50 debit charge again. Can't get rid of it.

I've put in searches regarding this credit card with Cashplus and cannot find anything. He still has the original email from them inviting him. He thought like I thought he paid for the book in full by the due date, it then showed a zero balance and that was it all paid for

I am annoyed because the statements just says "debit interest" no breakdown, wish I could put it on here but not sure how to do it.

He also as a CPN a community psychiatric nurse, I am going to write to them with his permission and see if she can write to them as well.
    It is a very devious and unclear product, he only got the card to buy books as that is his main interest.

Ouch.

I thought CashPlus was simply a pre-paid card.

However, they offer Cashplus Overdraft. http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/cashplus-extras/overdraft.aspx:
    Cashplus Overdraft – get up to £250

[...]

What’s more, there’s no interest to pay – just an annual fee and then it’s just a flat fee for each day that you have a balance on your Overdraft. And remember, the sooner you repay the Overdraft, the cheaper it could work out. What’s more, setting up a Cashplus Overdraft is easy.

I guess the additional £13.50 is what's referred to as trailing interest here. For this card, it would be the 50p daily fee which accrued between the statement date and the day the payment was made. 27 days?

I think you should log in to the account and check the balance on the day you make a payment and pay whatever the balance is, rather than what's on the previous statement. I'd pay and extra 50p or £1 just to be sure, then get rid of this awful card.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bosie
    Are you sure he used the new Cashplus credit card and not the old one with a daily charge?

Where are you checking the balance?
    The Cashplus Credit Card site is not yet available.You can use Automated phone service for balance,payment date,last transactions etc.

It does seem as though he has used either his old card or the Cashplus Overdraft facility.

bbl with more info
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK I'm back
    1. the online account management is NOT setup yet for credit cards,so I don't know where you are seeing the balance.
    BUXIp76.jpg

2.The email confirmation will show the charges in section 3
    as
    An Annual Fee of £10.00 will be charged when the agreement is made and will be debited to Your Account. Thereafter a Daily Usage Fee of £0.00 (if applicable) and interest rate of 20.11% will accrue and is payable by You for the duration of the term of the agreement whenever there is a Balance Outstanding.
    Monthly statement periods are determined by dividing the year into twelve periods e.g. 21st January to 20th February. We calculate the amount You need to pay in Daily Usage Fees (if charged) using these monthly statement periods.
    We will charge:
    £12 each month if, at any time during that month, you go over your credit limit.
    £12 each time a Minimum Repayment is not paid or is made late
    0.00% of the amount of each Balance Transfer you make (minimum £100). We will let you know if Balance Transfers are available to you.
    a cash fee of 3% of the amount of each Cash Advance you make in the UK or abroad (minimum £3.00)
    a non-sterling transaction fee of 2.99% of the converted sterling amount of each foreign currency transaction.
    £10 for each copy of a statement
    We will also charge any reasonable costs and expenses resulting from you breaking these conditions.
    We may change these fees by giving you at least 60 days’ notice, unless the changes are to your advantage.
    Costs in the case of late payments: An automatic Late Payment Fee of £12 will be made if the Minimum Monthly Payment is not made when due.
  • Bosie
    Options
    Sorry late in replying, I've checked and the card is different to the pre paid card. I have found the "invite" email and it's definitely a credit card and not an overdraft.
    There is a link online which I'll try and get on here.

You’re pre-qualified for the Cashplus Credit Card
    And, you’re one step closer to getting it - apply now in a couple of minutes.

Here’s what you need to do:
    Get the unique 10 digit reference number from your invitation letter
    Enter this number and your date of birth in the space below to access your personalised application form, and press ‘Continue’
    Then simply complete the short form and after two steps you’ll get an instant decision.

If you type in MasterCard credit card application/ cashplus
    I used google it will bring it up. But so little known about this card.

He has 2 logins with Cashplus one the normal prepaid card and the other card account which gives his credit limit.
  • Bosie
    Options
    steveE2 wrote: »
    Bosie
    Are you sure he used the new Cashplus credit card and not the old one with a daily charge?

Where are you checking the balance?
    The Cashplus Credit Card site is not yet available.You can use Automated phone service for balance,payment date,last transactions etc.

It does seem as though he has used either his old card or the Cashplus Overdraft facility.

bbl with more info
    Thanks Steve, he has 2 cards one the original prepaid card and then the second card the actual credit card. The card is a different design,It says his credit card limits is £250. Wish I was more technical to be able to put it on here but I am using a tablet! He can log into it from the normal prepaid website.

I've just paid for him another £13.50 and checked earlier and it says a 00.00 balance. So keeping eye on it.
    His email letter says a Cashplus credit card with a limit from £250 - 1200. I have said to him to cut it up and to keep the regular pre paid card if he wishes to buy books.
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    Bosie wrote: »
    His email letter says a Cashplus credit card with a limit from £250 - 1200. I have said to him to cut it up and to keep the regular pre paid card if he wishes to buy books.

He should consider closing the account properly. Or at least keep a regular eye on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure