Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy birthday for Wednesday :bdaycake::coffee: (couldn't find a wine smilie!!) Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I'm the same as you about going on holiday, the day before and even the actual day I usually feel like cancelling it. Think sometimes it's because it's hard work going on holiday, family usually bickering over something trivial. Not the jolly holiday mood like it shows on tv. This year the morning I was going on holiday I was rushing around sorting out car insurance as DH had forgot.

Anyway I hope you and DH have a fab holiday, weather is hot and you come back refreshed.xx
    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have a great holiday and birthday SA :D

How lovely of DD to buy you champers xx
    Mummytogirls x

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    How can you spend £90 quid in Primark :rotfl:
    I bought a Pusheen tshirt today for 6 quid!

Have a fabarooni time :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have a fantastic birthday my nearly birthday twin xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well we're back. I've had a fab time, not so sure about Mr SA, I think he's glad to be home. He prefers Lanzarote, he feels safer there.

Weather was hot and sunny until the last day when there was very light rain spots in the air for part of the day - we've been to Ibiza 7 times now and it has always rained for half a day no matter whether June, July or August, that's why it's so green. I will admit I didn't like the hotel at first because it had no fridge in the room and we didn't get the sun on the balcony until late afternoon. By day 2 I loved it. It was a lovely hotel, absolutely spotless, staff all very friendly, you could always get a sunbed, it was literally a stone's throw from the beach, fantastic sea view from the room, breakfast choice great and bar prices very reasonable. Mr SA didn't like it, the TV in the room had BBC but not ITV and he couldn't watch Tipping Point.

San Antonio Bay is lovely. The town itself is fine unless you're out late at night. The sunset strip is amazing, absolutely love it.

OMG if you could see the young girls out at night in thong swimsuits showing everything!!!! Not all of them had the figure for it!! Then the drunks passed out on benches. A few of the young ones made rude comments to Mr SA when he passed on his scooter. A drunk Spanish girl called him a b*s***d for no reason whatsoever. Fortunately that was the only bad side to it. There were all age groups there, it's not just for the young.

Fantastic mobility service at Ibiza airport for Mr SA. Ibiza airport is fabulous, loads of places to eat, clean and spacious.

Arrived home at a very respectable time, one load of washing already done and Mr M shop just been delivered.

Lovely to see dog and cat again, I missed them - dog went mad when we got back. House has survived DD looking after it.

Had a lovely soak in the bath earlier and am looking forward to putting my feet up tonight with a glass of vino tinto catching up with Corrie :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you had a good time missus, shame Mr SA didn't though and sorry to hear he had to put up with abusive comments, not good...

You have been missed
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Wow. That went quick.
    Glad you had a great time.
    Boo to some ejet being horrid to Mr SA :(

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Glad you are back safe and had a faberooni time Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It doesn't seem so bad being back home when I've got the rest of the week off, it's payday tomorrow and 5 weeks tomorrow we go to Lanzarote :)

Don't really like to book things so far ahead but I've put a deposit on a villa in Lanzarote for next April. Missed out on getting one for the October holiday because I hesitated. It's one we've been to before and at least Mr SA will be able to watch ITV!!!

Because Mr SA doesn't like sunbathing I spent a lot of time on my own this holiday. I refused to sit in the room all afternoon watching TV. I got talking to a few other guests though.

Need to sort finances today. Tomorrow is Mr SA's consultant appointment.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure