Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ankle feeling better but still a bit sore. Been told (by physio) it will take 6-12 months to get back to normal :( Not surprised if he keeps beating it up!

Mr SA got a letter from DWP today confirming he will not be expected to look for work and will remain in the support group. He should be happy about this but it's upset him. He feels he's being left behind. Not helped by the fact DS went for an interview today for a housing association doing maintenance work on their houses, van provided. It would be right up his street. I feel for him and it's so sad he can't do it.

Have had a really spendy week so far, nothing extravagant - taxis to hospital, window cleaner and back payment of £17 for Lotto syndicate I'm in at work where the syndicate holder has been off sick since November and only just back to collect. £15 left in weekly budget hoping for low spend Saturday and no spend Sunday. New weekly cash budget starts Monday. Then payday Tuesday :)

Looked at pay statement and bonus of £100 whittled down to just £68 after tax and NI :(

Am shattered have had very busy week at work, have done some very long days. Head is still buzzing with things to do.

Planning on a quiet weekend, pottering about, getting jobs done and relaxing. Bliss!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,408 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Thanks Beanie, hope you have a good weekend too xx
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Awwww poor DH SA, really feel for him :(

Have a lovely weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend (do take it easy...not too much housework ;)) and please pass on my commiserations (don't know if he knows about 'us' ie. your virtual friends on here or not??) - thats hard.

Would he be able to offer to do some simple tasks for neighbours etc if they bought materials or is that really beyond him at this stage?
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    After feeling sorry for Mr SA yesterday, today I could kill him. I went in my home gym to see what I could do, managed the exercise bike and the step, was quite pleased. Then I heard commotion downstairs, DD was shouting and the dog was barking. Apparently a bloke brought the dog back, found her running down our road. Mr SA nowhere to be seen. When he eventually appeared he said another dog had chased our dog off the park. Then he promptly took her back on the park much to my dismay. Told him off when he got back, said he must be more careful. He was really nasty and has gone stroppy, thrown his scooter charger on top of the kitchen cupboard, saying he won't be leaving the house again. He has always been unable to accept the blame for anything, it's always someone else's fault. Just like it was me got in the way of his scooter in his opinion, not his lack of attention to what he was doing.

To be honest he's been argumentative all day. He fell asleep earlier and woke up confused just before he took the dog out, I asked him not to take out her again but he sneaked out when I was in the gym.

Brizzle he doesn't know about you lot, really best he doesn't. As for odd jobs for neighbours then no he's not capable, won't even do them for me.

Not set foot out of the door today, cleaned up the whole house and generally pottered about.

Got a meal deal curry tonight so not much cooking to do, looking forward to putting my feet up and watching TV. Hopefully Mr SA won't ruin the evening by sulking all night.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,408 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope there is no more sulking :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope your evening has been better than anticipated Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Oh that sounds really stressful :(

Hope your evening has improved!!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Oh no hope he didn't sulk all night, nothing worse than sulky husbands worse than the kids IMO :rotfl: xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport