Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,390 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello all! Taking advantage of the fact I've got the laptop up and running, albeit painfully slow, and Mr SA in in bed watching Top Gear to update on a proper keyboard.

Well I'm finally properly debt free! :j All cards clear.

I said I would update my list from last month at the end of every month so here goes:

1. Pay off debt - done!

2. Lose weight - not great - lost 2lbs but better than nothing! Getting there slowly with counting WW points, need to get into the habit again.

3. Exercise - doing well, do at least 19,000 steps a day and have been doing some extra exercise 3 times a week in my home gym. Got a motion traxx app with coached workouts and have been using this. It costs £2.99 a month but it's fab. This week I ran on the treadmill, went on the cross trainer and did a Tabata workout with it. So plan to keep this up during February. Plan for February is 12 extra workouts on top of walking.

4. Budget - trying very hard, a work in progress.

5. Savings - now debt is paid off need to build some savings. Will start February payday. Got a small payrise which amounts to £20 better off a month. Have ignored it and put it straight into my VSP. So VSP stands at £85.28 at the moment.

6. Alcohol - have cut down a lot. Did my 2 dry days a week during January. Intend to up this to 12 dry days for the whole of February.

7. Water - getting there. Need to keep a tick off sheet to keep track.

8. House - waiting to see my job situation before anything can get done on this front. Should know more by March hopefully.

9. Work - a case of waiting to see what happens about my contract at the moment. Should know more by March as above.

10. Driving - on a back burner for now.

11. Books/magazines - chipping away at the moment. At the moment I've got 36 magazines, naughtily bought some more last week because they had diet/exercise plans in them and I.m a sucker for this sort of thing. Books 43 to read but in no hurry to complete this task. Lack of time is my problem.

12. Fly Lady - not started back in this yet. Can't get Mr SA interest in it. He's always tired and needs everything writing down - I write things on his whiteboard but he then "forgets" to look at it.

So there it is. List updated.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend. I'm on a decluttering mission today, have already tidied out the cupboard under the stairs which as fast as I tidy it Mr SA makes it a mess again!

Got my hair cut yesterday and then went in town with Mr SA for a coffee and then lunch. Mr SA went into town on the bus on his own and met me but he forgot his stick so we couldn't do a lot of walking about and his walking is absolutely terrible still. There was an offer in Boots on and we got each other a perfume for Valentines Day.

Mr SA enjoyed the gym on Thursday but he couldn't go swimming as the pool was closed for maintenance. He could hardly get out of bed Friday morning though. The instructor has worked him out a 20 minute routine using machines that don't require balance. The exercises should help strengthen his upper body and thighs, which is where a lot of his problems lie. If he falls he just hasn't got the strength to get himself up so hopefully the exercises will help.

Today for the first time in quite a while I'm having a NSD. Aiming for 8 this month.

Tomorrow is the dreaded consultants appointment for Mr SA when he'll get his brain scan results and his bloods taken to check for lymphoma. Fingers crossed for good news.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy post, congratulations on debt free and start of saving status.

Good luck tomorrow

Happy Feb x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Mint1955
    Mint1955 Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow xxxx
    Living the dream and retired in Cyprus :j

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5105296
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Great post! Congratulations on all you have achieved!

Got everything crossed for tomorrow for you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Fing ers crossed for you both tomorrow.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    :) He got the all clear again :) Woo hoo, what a relief :)

Consultant underlined the fact that he's still defied the odds and how lucky he is to still be here. He said the scan showed his brain swelling has gone down, which is good, but the mobility problems are here to stay, the damage has been done but a small price to pay for his life. Battle scars he called it. His immune system is back to normal and he can stop taking the Dapsone and antibiotics (which might be causing the bowel problems). If his bowel problems don't go after stopping the tablets he needs to see the GP.

So stay of execution until it all kicks of again in June.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    BRILLIANT!

Been waiting for you to post :D:D:D

what FABULOUS NEWS

wow XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Been celebrating in the local Buffy that's why a bit late! Prosecco.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Been celebrating in the local Buffy that's why a bit late! Prosecco.

Bloody good for you Lovely XXXXXXXXXXX

:D
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,450 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure