How To Complain About Orange?

in Mobiles
58 replies 78.5K views
SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
2.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me how to get some action on how to resolve my problem I'm having with Orange.

I'll try to keep this short!

Basically, back at the start of March, I rang them up to cancel both contracts that I had with them as I just wasn't using them and could get cheaper deals elsewhere. When the girl asked me why I was leaving, she then offered me 3000 free mins, 300 free texts, phone of my choice and all for £35 per month. I agreed to this and she cancelled my other contract. All nice and simple - hmmm!

When I chose my phone at the time of speaking to her (W950i) I asked her to send it to my work address which she agreed to, as I knew I wouldn't be at home on the morning of delivery. However, after a couple of days, the phone hadn't arrived and I rang back enquiring why. She said the one I ordered had been sent to my home address! Doh! She tried to rearrange delivery again to my work address and again it didn't arrive. When I rang this time it was out of stock!!! Doh! So this time, I ordered a different model (w880i) and lo and behold this was delivered to my workplace.

Now, last week I noticed that the normal Direct Debit hadn't been taken out of my bank account. When I rang (again) I was told they had tried but couldn't as there wasn't enough funds! When I asked how much they had tried to take out, I was told over £400!!!! When the girl checked to see what had happened, it was something to do with the first phone not being recorded properly on it's return or something and she amended my records accordingly. The amount then outstanding was £54!

At the end of last week, I noticed on my bank account statement that I had incurred a charge of £39 for the unpaid Direct Debit! I rang Orange (again) and was told that if I faxed them a copy of my bank statment they would take a look and call me back. They did this and told me that my £39 would be refunded.

Today I checked my bank account again and still no refund! I rang (again) and was told that the amount would be refunded to my Orange account and NOT my bank account! I again asked them to check my outstanding balance and this time it's gone up to over £90!!! which includes the £30 refund! When I questioned this, they told me that it was because I had two contracts!!!! I pointed out that the other contract had been cancelled when I first rang to cancel them both and he told me that it had never been passed to the disconection department!!!!

Now, I'm boiling here and cannot get anywhere with them. I'm being put to a lot of expense having to ring them each time, being left on hold, being passed from pillar to post, being lied to!

Where do I turn for help? Is there any Omnisbudsman that deal with mobile phone companies?

Sorry, it's so long!

Sal
x
«13456

Replies

  • JAYMARSH2005JAYMARSH2005 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Hi Guys

    Can someone please tell me how to get some action on how to resolve my problem I'm having with Orange.

    I'll try to keep this short!

    Basically, back at the start of March, I rang them up to cancel both contracts that I had with them as I just wasn't using them and could get cheaper deals elsewhere. When the girl asked me why I was leaving, she then offered me 3000 free mins, 300 free texts, phone of my choice and all for £35 per month. I agreed to this and she cancelled my other contract. All nice and simple - hmmm!

    When I chose my phone at the time of speaking to her (W950i) I asked her to send it to my work address which she agreed to, as I knew I wouldn't be at home on the morning of delivery. However, after a couple of days, the phone hadn't arrived and I rang back enquiring why. She said the one I ordered had been sent to my home address! Doh! She tried to rearrange delivery again to my work address and again it didn't arrive. When I rang this time it was out of stock!!! Doh! So this time, I ordered a different model (w880i) and lo and behold this was delivered to my workplace.

    Now, last week I noticed that the normal Direct Debit hadn't been taken out of my bank account. When I rang (again) I was told they had tried but couldn't as there wasn't enough funds! When I asked how much they had tried to take out, I was told over £400!!!! When the girl checked to see what had happened, it was something to do with the first phone not being recorded properly on it's return or something and she amended my records accordingly. The amount then outstanding was £54!

    At the end of last week, I noticed on my bank account statement that I had incurred a charge of £39 for the unpaid Direct Debit! I rang Orange (again) and was told that if I faxed them a copy of my bank statment they would take a look and call me back. They did this and told me that my £39 would be refunded.

    Today I checked my bank account again and still no refund! I rang (again) and was told that the amount would be refunded to my Orange account and NOT my bank account! I again asked them to check my outstanding balance and this time it's gone up to over £90!!! which includes the £30 refund! When I questioned this, they told me that it was because I had two contracts!!!! I pointed out that the other contract had been cancelled when I first rang to cancel them both and he told me that it had never been passed to the disconection department!!!!

    Now, I'm boiling here and cannot get anywhere with them. I'm being put to a lot of expense having to ring them each time, being left on hold, being passed from pillar to post, being lied to!

    Where do I turn for help? Is there any Omnisbudsman that deal with mobile phone companies?

    Sorry, it's so long!

    Sal
    x

































    Complaints


    If you have a complaint about your mobile phone company, you should speak to them about it first. If this doesn't solve the problem, you can make a formal complaint to the company. You can find details of how to do this on the back of your phone bill. If you can't find these details, the company's customer service staff will tell you how to make a formal complaint.



    All phone companies are required to have a formal customer complaints process. If the company hasn't got one, you should tell the communications watchdog, Ofcom – see under heading Useful organisations.



    If you have made a formal complaint to the phone company and this hasn't solved the problem, you can try using the company's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. Your phone company might belong to one of two ADR schemes which have been approved by Ofcom:

    OTELO (the Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman) or
    CISAS (Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme).

    You can find more details about OTELO and CISAS under heading Useful organisations.



    All phone companies are required to have an ADR scheme. They are breaking important consumer protection rules if they don't. If your phone company won't tell you about its ADR scheme, you can call Ofcom for details, or look on their website – see under heading Useful organisations.





















    Useful organisations


    OFCOM


    Contact Centre
    Riverside House
    2A Southwark Bridge Road
    London SE1 9HA
    Enquiry line tel: 0845 456 3000 or 020 7981 3040
    Enquiry line fax: 0845 456 3333 or 020 7981 3334
    Switchboard: 020 7981 3000 or textphone 020 7981 3043
    Fax 020 7981 3333
    E-mail: [email protected]
    website: https://www.ofcom.org.uk



    OFCOM is the telecommunications watchdog in the UK. Ofcom do not investigate individual complaints against phone service providers, although they log every complaint about a company. If one particular company seems to be causing concern for consumers, they may consider investigating them.



    OTELO


    PO Box 730
    Warrington
    WA4 6WU
    Tel: 08450 501614
    Textphone: 18001 08450 511513 or 18001 01925 430886
    Fax: 08450 501615 or 01925 430059
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Website: https://www.otelo.org.uk



    OTELO (the office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman) may be able to help you with a complaint about a phone company if the company is a member of OTELO. You must have first used the company’s own complaints procedure.



    CISAS


    C/o Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
    13 Bloomsbury Square
    London
    WC1A 2LP
    Switchboard tel: 020 7421 7444
    Disputes about Mobile Phones or Internet Service Providers tel: 020 7421 7432
    General fax: 020 7404 4023
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Website: https://www.arbitrators.org



    CISAS (Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme) may be able to help you with a complaint about a phone company, if the company is a member of the CISAS scheme. You must have used the phone company's own complaints procedure first.



    ICSTIS


    ICTSIS Ltd
    Clove Building
    4 Maguire Street
    London
    SE1 2NQ
    Tel: 0800 500212 (8am to 8pm Monday to Friday)
    Fax: 020 7940 7456
    Website: https://www.icstis.org.uk
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for that.

    Very interesting!

    Considering I get told, each time I ask them, what's their address for sending complaints to - they tell me they don't have one! Nor do they have anyone in charge that will speak to me - apparently! Nor can anyone in charge make outgoing phone calls to customers! - What a load of tosh!

    I can see I have my work cut out again with them!

    Sal
    x
  • JAYMARSH2005JAYMARSH2005 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    SallyUK wrote: »
    Thank you very much for that.

    Very interesting!

    Considering I get told, each time I ask them, what's their address for sending complaints to - they tell me they don't have one! Nor do they have anyone in charge that will speak to me - apparently! Nor can anyone in charge make outgoing phone calls to customers! - What a load of tosh!

    I can see I have my work cut out again with them!

    Sal
    x


    Yes they do make life difficult when it comes to complints, heres a thing I found a while ago about compliants at the bottom is alos an address where to send a written compliant.

    how to complain

    If you want to make a complaint, firstly you should call Customer Services and speak to us to discuss any problems you may have. In most cases your query will be answered immediately. If you have a difficulty that is not resolved to your satisfaction, please ask to discuss it with one of our Customer Services Managers.

    If you pay monthly, please call 150 from an Orange phone (or 07973 100150 from any other phone). If you pay as you go, please call 451 (or 07973 100451 from any other phone).


    Orange Personal Communications Services Limited
    PO Box 10
    Patchway
    Bristol
    BS32 4BQ
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much Jaymarsh, that's very helpful

    Sal
    x
  • reehsetinreehsetin Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    i would say avoid ringing orange and instead write to the head office address at least you will have copies of everything
    if you do ring get the name and extension number (name is not enough) of the person you are speaking to and repeatedly go back through to them to get it resolved, if they don't do something there is some personal accountability so more likely to be resolved
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • beever85beever85 Forumite
    9 Posts
    I will tell you the shortest and the most effective way of sorting this out. I too had a problem with Orange and could not sorted out for 3 months. So what I did was, wrote a detail complaint and sent on recorded mail, directly to;

    Mr Bernard Ghillebaert
    Executive Vice President
    Orange UK
    50 George Street
    London
    W1U 7DZ

    The matter was sorted out within 48 hours !!
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh Beever!

    That's great thanks, I really appreciate that!

    Thanks a million!

    Sal
    x
  • L-JayL-Jay Forumite
    232 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    beever85 wrote: »
    I will tell you the shortest and the most effective way of sorting this out. I too had a problem with Orange and could not sorted out for 3 months. So what I did was, wrote a detail complaint and sent on recorded mail, directly to;

    Mr Bernard Ghillebaert
    Executive Vice President
    Orange UK
    50 George Street
    London
    W1U 7DZ

    The matter was sorted out within 48 hours !!

    Thanks for this, I am currently tearing my hair out with their Customer (Don't) Care Department. Bunch of jokers.
  • SallyUKSallyUK Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much for writing to him!

    Just had this from Orange this morning!

    Thank you for your recent communication to Orange. We apologise that our Correspondence Department is currently experiencing delays which are affecting your speed of response to you. Please be assured that we are working to resolve the current situation.

    If your query is still outstanding, please call 0870 7978000 and our Correspondence Team will be happy to assist. The office is open between the hours of 0900-17.30, Monday to Friday.

    I trust the above is satsifactory.

    Yours sincerely



    Jeez! Satisfactory!!! They have to be joking - this is absolutely ridiculous now, not only have they not addressed any of the issues I wrote to them about, they're expecting me to incur even more phone costs by ringing them!!!!!!!!

    I'm absolutely livid at this.

    Sal
    x
  • yapyap Forumite
    2 Posts
    I just had the same reply back to my payment dispute nearly three months after I sent letter to them (they must have one part time worker doing an hour a day or they must be getting huge number of complaint due to their rubbish customer service!), Orange customer service got be the worst in the country,
    Recently, their payment processing has passed my case to debt collectors while my dispute is still under investigation, how bad service is that??!

    This company has caused me enough grief that I would stay well clear of them for the rest of my life!; it might be good while things work but once something goes wrong you just had it.

    In my case I was porting from Orange to O2, during this port period (30 days) someone from Orange cancelled my account so I could not port. When I got in touch with them they told me oh it was a mistake and you account will be reactivated.
    The account got reactivated and I managed to port out from Orange but on my final bill they put re-connection change so I am disputing this as it was Orange who disconnected my line by mistake.

    Up to now I have spent hours and hours holding on the line to get this across to them but they do not want to listen to my point.

    I like to hear from any legally minded person for advice on how I can claim my call charges and postage plus lost time cost from Orange possible compensation for stress??? I guess it would not be easy considering the history!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

£10-£50 London theatre tickets

For over 45 shows in January and February

MSE Deal

Join the 1p Savings Challenge 2022!

It should help you save £667.95

MSE Forum