Threat of Bankruptcy - Debt not mine.

Options

Comments

• Freepost
    Freepost Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Did he sign on your behalf? Still wouldn't make the debt yours but it would need a different course of action.

No, I don't believe that for a moment. Although I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of my children (that sounds very harsh and I guess it is, they do daft things but they've never been in trouble with the police and they know the difference between right and wrong), by that I mean they make financial decisions without seeing what they're committing to, and of course when it goes wrong they come and tell the poor tale. Do I help financially, rarely! most of the help is finding solutions that they can live with.

In the present difficulty, if NG Collections had just been coming after my son then I may well have contacted them and tried to find a solution for paying of this debt, if it truly is a debt owed by my son but that's not the case, they're coming after me and the debt definitely isn't mine.

F.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 5 March 2013 at 1:13PM
    Options
    I wonder if you rung that mobile number if someone named Karl would answer? Not suggesting that you do.

EDIT: Missed the above post.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Freepost
    Options
    I'm happy to telephone them if that's what you suggest but to ask what? I don't see a point in phoning to say the debts not mine .. yes it is ...no it isn't .....yes it is etc.
    I could ask them for their company number, consumer credit license number, data protection registration number and say that without these details I'm not going to take them seriously ... get lost basically! What do you think?

F.
  • fermi
    edited 5 March 2013 at 1:31PM
    Options
    No. Sorry. I wasn't suggesting that you phone them. I was just speculating on these "companies" and who was behind what.

Sounds possible that the property firm has set up his own fake debt collection firm and skipped the legal requirements.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Freepost
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    No. Sorry. I wasn't suggesting that you phone them. I was just speculating on these "companies" and who was behind what.

Sounds to me as if the owner of the property firm has set up his own fake debt collection firm and skipped the legal requirements.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Whereas I have thought about writing to them and asking for prove of the guarantor agreement, I was rather hoping that if I ignored them they would get fed up and bother somebody else in stead, taking note that I have previously telephoned them, back in 2011, to explain that the debt isn't mine.
  • AnnieDaPea
    AnnieDaPea Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Wrong link. Beckhall properties should be the one.

Although they look related. And one suspects they, and the other premises and the collector are all linked or the same person?
    http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/beckhall-properties

Doesn't that company have a lot of outstanding mortgages with Paragon Mortgages Limited?

There does not appear to be any obvious link to the collector:
    http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/833779/karl-nolan
  • fermi
    Options
    Well, he's got a business at no. 40, and the debt collector is 40a. Not a certainty, but does look a tad suss.

• AnnieDaPea
    edited 5 March 2013 at 4:17PM
    Options
    Well, he's got a business at no. 40, and the debt collector is 40a. Not a certainty, but does look a tad suss.
    Yes.

NG Collections do not answer their phones.

I also doubt that any royalties has been paid for the hold music on 0843 289 2590
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
  • debtdispute
    Options
    They're all the same person. I have to assume, that with a business history like his (several dissolved, some struck off, some making a huge loss), and the fact that NG Collections is registered at an address next door to where his Beckhall companies are registered, and that Inspire Living is where my alleged debt originated and that is also owned by Karl Nolan, that he is entirely dodgy and its a scam set up by him.

He is the director of these companies;

'search duedil website for Karl Nolan under directors'

Even the ones that aren't dissolved or have books that are too old, look extremely ropey financially to say the least.

I would like to see him ideally behind bars, but I'd settle for a huge fine and some sort of business ban.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure