18910111214»

Comments

• AnnieDaPea
    AnnieDaPea Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Freepost wrote: »
    how many people is he ripping off?
    How long is a piece of string?

What possible motive might he have for sending out fatuous Statutory Demands that he must know will be set aside even if he were to oppose the applications?

If one ignores the possibility that he is a particularly sadistic prankster, one would seem to be left with a desire to fricassee his books by giving the impression that one or other or more of his companies has more debts owed to it.
  • Freepost
    Freepost Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Just a quick note to let you know that I went to court on Wednesday to have the SD set aside.

NG Collections/Beckhall didn't attend, so you would expect that if they can't be bothered to attend an hearing to argue their case then it probably wasn't a true debt. Unfortunately the Judge didn't see it like that and at first wasn't prepared to set aside the SD and thought it should be debated in court. I was aghast, what was the purpose of this meeting and how could I prove that I haven't signed as a guarantor? Surely Beckhall should have been in attendance to present the proof that I signed their rental agreement as a guarantor. The Judge waffled for a bit then decided he would set it aside .............. totally bemused!

So it's over now, well I hope it is! I did ask the Judge for costs but he refused, although if he had awarded costs who would they have been against? I'm not too sure that NG Collections/Beckhall actually exist, it would have been a devil of a job trying to get money out of them!

Once again thank you for all the help and advice that you guys have provided.

Best regards
    F.
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    I did ask the Judge for costs but he refused,
    Why?

What costs had you incurred?
    although if he had awarded costs who would they have been against? I'm not too sure that NG Collections/Beckhall actually exist, it would have been a devil of a job trying to get money out of them!
    That's probably true, as they are allegedly operating from empty premises. :D
  • skate
    skate Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Just to update you:

The other Stat Demand issued against someones 80yr old grandmother. Her lawyers successfully set aside the demand and had costs awarded against NG Collections/Beckhall; who did not bother to attend court.

Freepost - you should have been given your Litigant in person costs of £18.50 p/h spent dealing with the case.

OFT & Trading Standards have been notified but seem disinterested :(
  • Freepost
    Freepost Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    skate wrote: »
    - you should have been given your Litigant in person costs of £18.50 p/h spent dealing with the case.

Unfortunately the Judge said "No" so I don't think there is anything I can do ....... sure, I should have pushed a bit harder with the Judge but I was quite shocked that at first he wasn't going to set aside the SD. However, if I had been awarded costs how would I have recovered them???

F.
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    However, if I had been awarded costs how would I have recovered them???
    As neither the creditor nor the supposed debt collector seems to exist, recovery of costs might indeed have been difficult. :D
  • spw001
    Options
    Luke_able wrote: »
    We recently took Beckhall properties to court re their failure to return our deposit!

We rented through 'inspire living' in 2010; their offices have since moved to what looks like a small flat above a solicitors office 125 Egerton Road South, Chorlton, Manchester

Although Karl Nolan filled in defense paperwork, they never showed in court and judgement was made in our favour.

We are now pursuing inspire/ beckhall for this debt and currently weighing up what options we can enact should they still refuse to pay.

Hi, did Inspire/Beckhall pay up in the end? I've now just started the process of doing the same having tried for months to get my deposit back. As part of my investigations it looks like they hadn't even lodged my deposit with a tenancy deposit scheme (against the housing act)

Thanks
  • cbatten565
    Options
    Luke_able wrote: »
    We recently took Beckhall properties to court re their failure to return our deposit!

We rented through 'inspire living' in 2010; their offices have since moved to what looks like a small flat above a solicitors office 125 Egerton Road South, Chorlton, Manchester

Although Karl Nolan filled in defense paperwork, they never showed in court and judgement was made in our favour.

We are now pursuing inspire/ beckhall for this debt and currently weighing up what options we can enact should they still refuse to pay.

I would maybe suggest a High Court writ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure