🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Threat of Bankruptcy - Debt not mine.

Options

Comments

• AnnieDaPea
    AnnieDaPea Posts: 54 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2013 at 4:05AM
    Options
    pauletruth wrote: »
    I know im probably wrong here but the company went bust. they dont own the debt and can't chase it either. it must be up to the liquidator to chase. if it was real.
    Which company went bust?

"Beckhall" seems never to have existed.

"Beckhall Limited" has been dissolved, but "Beckhall Projects Limited" and "Beckhall Properties Limited" have not - at least, not yet.
  • dextersmum_2
    Options
    I have not read all these posts but

a) a stat demand is very serious
    b) if it is a empty threat contact the office of fair trade. they will take action

Good Luck
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    dextersmum wrote: »
    I have not read all these posts but

a) a stat demand is very serious
    b) if it is a empty threat contact the office of fair trade. they will take action
    Yes, the Statutory Demand is very serious and at least an application has been made for it to be set aside; it is not wise to regard any SD as an empty threat. In the three cases of which I know, the money claimed seems not to be owed or never to have been owed; in one case, the person cited as a guarantor never signed anything to that effect, but an SD has been issued to them nevertheless.

One might wonder if these cases could be a form of blackmail.
  • Freepost
    Freepost Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    AnnieDaPea wrote: »
    Which company went bust?

"Beckhall" seems never to have existed.

"Beckhall Limited" has been dissolved, but "Beckhall Projects Limited" and "Beckhall Properties Limited" have not - at least, not yet.

Hi,
    re: Beckhall projects Ltd

http://windinguppetitionsolicitors.co.uk/insolvency-lawyers-london/companies-court-winding-up-list-21-01-13/

See item 182.

F.
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    Quick update - I went to Stockport yesterday to see for myself what traces there might be of this property empire.

There was nothing. There were no brass signs indicating that a business might be there, nor were there any plastic signs, nor even scribbled notes on scraps of paper; from the appearance of those buildings, not one looks as if the owner was in business.

All the buildings (see note) were locked up, empty and deserted. No mail seemed to have accumulated, though, so the post might be collected by Karl Nolan - perhaps when he returns to his coffin before daybreak.

(note) The building previously shown here as 40 Lower Hillgate is actually 40a Lower Hillgate; the shop or office is locked up and empty except for one chair and a short shop counter made from cheap melamine-faced chipboard. The windows are covered with 25mm wire mesh and do not appear to have been cleaned for a year or three. Next door, at 40 Lower Hillgate, the windows are a bit cleaner but the shop is, once again, locked up and seems not to have been used in weeks - or months. In the window, there are rolls of what seems to be some sort of insulating material.

Pictures to follow.
  • Freepost
    Options
    Hi,

I have, this morning, received a letter from the county court:
    Dear Sir
    Re: Case Number:******** Freepost

Your application to set aside statutory demand.

The court has received your application to set aside a statutory demand.

Your application will not be given a hearing immediately. It will first be referred to a District Judge. If the judge considers that your application shows no cause for setting the demand aside, your application will be dismissed. If this happens you and the judgement creditor will be told.

If the district judge does not dismiss your application on this first consideration, you and the judgement creditor will be sent a time and date when the application will be reconsidered.

Your faithfully,
    It's taken nine days for this to arrive, they could have told me this when I delivered the 6.5

F.
  • Luke_able
    Options
    We recently took Beckhall properties to court re their failure to return our deposit!

We rented through 'inspire living' in 2010; their offices have since moved to what looks like a small flat above a solicitors office 125 Egerton Road South, Chorlton, Manchester

Although Karl Nolan filled in defense paperwork, they never showed in court and judgement was made in our favour.

We are now pursuing inspire/ beckhall for this debt and currently weighing up what options we can enact should they still refuse to pay.
  • Freepost
    Options
    Luke_able wrote: »
    We recently took Beckhall properties to court re their failure to return our deposit!

Hi,

Thank you for the info. You say that you recently took Beckhall to court, can I ask when did this occur.

F.
  • Luke_able
    Options
    February 2013 ....have not been bowled over by the efficiency of the courts!
  • AnnieDaPea
    Options
    Luke_able wrote: »
    We rented through 'inspire living' in 2010; their offices have since moved to what looks like a small flat above a solicitors office 125 Egerton Road South, Chorlton, Manchester
    That should be convenient for them.

Where were they in 2010?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills