Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries

Reduced bargains and yellow stickers shopping - Page 102

New Post Advanced Search

Reduced bargains and yellow stickers shopping

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
1.1K replies 271.1K views

Replies

• Last year M&S and Lidl was insane, £1 turkeys, 20p luxury Christmas puddings etc . I regretted shopping earlier but a lot of it lasted until Easter and some toiletries sets are still under the bed for this years presents! Anyone know what other stores will do this and what the best times to arrive are , trying to organise a sleek 2hr xmas eve bargain fest in the nearest city.
    "It is not the critic who counts..." - Theodore Roosevelt
  • MysteryMeMysteryMe Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a 500 gm punnet of red grapes for 13p in Asda, the parrot is overjoyed.

I've never struck gold on Xmas eve although have only ventured to the local co op not one of the big supermarkets.
  • happydays89happydays89 Forumite
    304 posts
    ✭✭
    My husband got a turkey crown a few days ago in Tesco,should of been £26 it was reduced to £2.60.Its gone in the freezer for Christmas Day.
    We have just sorted the freezer ready for Christmas Eve bargains.
  • otbc.ncfcotbc.ncfc Forumite
    38 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    What time do you tend to find xmas eve reductions? Are they around the same time as usual (ie an hour before closing) or do they do it earlier? First year we'll try going!
  • LeeUKLeeUK Forumite
    6.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    otbc.ncfc wrote: »
    What time do you tend to find xmas eve reductions? Are they around the same time as usual (ie an hour before closing) or do they do it earlier? First year we'll try going!

Expect to find 24th and 25th from early doors and even 26th dated stuff as some shops know they won't be as busy on boxing day to shift it all.

Source: many years working in retail.
  • otbc.ncfc wrote: »

Yes last year was literally the last hour - COP, Lidl, M&S. I'm looking at whose closed for 2 days this year and Waitrose looks a good bet
  • Anyone get any xmas eve bargains ? M&S yellow sticker man literally needed armed guards by 4:45 :-) Waitrose was disappointing but M&S & Tesco very good
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of carrots & sprouts being given away free in Asda this morning
  • Went to Morrisons a couple of weeks ago about an hour before closing time and got a loaf of Warburtons Toastie for 6p and 2 packs of tiger rolls for 8p each. Stuck the loaf in the freezer and the rolls made lunch for 2 days for me and my partner: when they got a bit hard I just quickly ran them under the tap and heated them in the oben for 10 mins at 180 and they were fine. Its very hit and miss though as one day I got those and the next week they had nothing apart from a battered cake.
    2019 £2 Savers Challenge Number 31: £10
    The 365 Day Penny Challenge 2019 Number 23: £1.50

On a money saving mission :T

Goal Move In Date Dec 2019 :D
  • dlusmandlusman Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some good christmassy stuff reduced to 10p in M&S today - loads on the shelf in store I was in , so maybe some left if you go in on Friday. Including 130g cream filled Chocolate balls , 65g chocolate coins , oat biscuits . B.E dates into middle of 2019