Options
    Where is everyone?
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • x.nukke.x
    Options
    happytails wrote: »
    Where is everyone?

No idea happytails :(. It's a shame as this thread is such a great idea! Possibly people are saving their money for xmas and can't quite afford to put money away as %'s!

I'm planning on updating later this evening with how I got on during my 5 days off :). Still have a few things to cross off but have definitely made progress!
  • Tathie
    Tathie Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I think this board is a great idea! I've been a long-term lurker and have tried it in the background, but thought it would be nice to start posting and chatting with everyone :)

I have a total of £9,000 debt, split across a few different sources. For me, the easiest is to split it into a lot of littler debts and work to the 100% that way.

This starts me off with a debt of £1,245 (my self-employment tax payment for next January). Because I've been working in the background, I'm really pleased to say that this is already at 98%!! So I'll add my second debt of £580 which I hope to get sorted before the end of November (currently 0 / 100%)

I have some holiday coming up, so I'm hoping eBay and I get on really well!

Thanks for such a lovely supportive board!
    Tx
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've not been contributing because I haven't had a specific figure to clear.

I have a student loan and together with my husband, four mortgages on properties in two countries.....and I'm still working out which one to pay off first.

For us, it's not just about the bottom line interest. It's also about the permitted deductibles....

Happy earning everyone!
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • ellesbellesxxx
    Options
    Here I am :D
    :rotfl:
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm here!

6 items on ebay selling this weekend leaving a lot to relist next time around - little bits adding up to a total in paypal
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yey there are still folk on this thread lol :j

Trying to shift some bits on FB but not having much luck. Didnt get anything listed on Ebay on Thurs (free listing) and been busy all weekend with decorating the dining room (just a lick of paint really).

Hopefully i may be getting a free freezer off my friend, she is moving house and doesnt need it so it would be good for batch cooking.

This month im aiming to have Debt 3 (£5538 total) at £1500 Which is 27% and sadly still behind to have it paid by deadline so hoping to find an extra 3% from sales (£166.14) which would get us to 30%. Still leaves us to find £968 each payday til March which is scary :s

Luckily Xmas is pretty much sorted and on the cheap and we've changed to a 0% rate CC for Debt 1. Birthdays are sorted til Xmas.

Just need to find the time to sell all the stuff i have for ebay!

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • x.nukke.x
    x.nukke.x Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Ok so I had a productive few days :)

I phoned Sky and they reduced a massive £26/month from my bill :T so that's already more than 1% every month!

I have checked on webuy.com for my DVD's and games which we no longer want and there is another £25.50

Swagbucks I managed 1500SB in my five days which is amazing for me :rotfl:

I also managed to get all my husband's family sorted for Christmas :) I got around £200 worth of presents for about £80 cash! Thanks to using my vouchers and paypal earnings from the last couple of months :). I'm very happy about that :). All that's left now is my side of the family - they tend to go overboard so I feel bad not spending much on them (they do understand our circumstances though but they spend around £50 each on myself and my husband - and there's 10 of them :eek: ) so I need to have a wee think about them. I've made up some homemade hampers for OH's family for quite cheap so I may do the same for my family.

I decluttered my kitchen and found a means to making two extra dinners this week with stuff I already had which is good news :T

I haven't got round to eBay or gumtree yet but I will get there soon :). I'll update my %'s ASAP :)

I hope you all are getting on just as well (and hopefully things continue going at the same pace for me too - though I bet it won't last long :rotfl: )
  • GreenSaints
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm still here - I'm just in the middle of huge house renovations and getting acustomed to my new lower wage, so my eye has been off the ball recently.

However, I do have another update thanks to my £80 of eBay sales:

Member #198 £5,675.16/£15,505.08 (36.60%)

Hope everyone is getting on ok
    :DDEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14! :D
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa £40k
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm here too - finally - sorry for being AWOL for so long - illness struck first me then the kids and we have only really just started to get over it :(

Going to try and catch up on this thread over the next couple of days so will comment in a little while.

In the meantime though I am going to declare £5 which I transferred straight into the savings account after having a NSD on Fri :j

Still got to declare some figures for Oct as we made a massive £3k deposit into the savings account due to OH O/T and my savings so will try and work out how much it was I contributed out of it and post soon :)

Keep %ing everyone - we will all make a difference by Christmas :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure