MSE News: Apple UK urged to refund kids' iPad and iPhone app cash

Options
124»

Comments

• rockin_plumber
    Options
    I tried it myself and it never asked for a password or yes/no. it was a kids game designed to ripoff nothing more

So one of the 2 bundles of pretend diamonds was purchased by you?

Or did you have a £150 charge and then another £75 purchase made by you?
  • TehJumpingJawa
    Options
    I think this story is misdirected; the responsibility of protecting access to the device is indeed the parents.

However, applications that target children & charge extortionate micro-transaction fees are the real villains. They're no different from aggressive door-to-door sales men ripping off the elderly.

It is the responsibility of the retailer operating the app store to make sure these kinds of exploitative programs are properly restricted.
  • rerd
    rerd Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    People should take responsibility for their children and their actions. We seem to keen to try and blame other poeple because we were too lazy to find out out things work and what the risks are.

What ever next, we'll be expecting refunds from banks becasue we took out PPI insurance without checking to see if it was of any use.:D
  • sillygoose
    sillygoose Posts: 4,794 Forumite
    Options
    rerd wrote: »
    People should take responsibility for their children and their actions. We seem to keen to try and blame other poeple because we were too lazy to find out out things work and what the risks are.

What ever next, we'll be expecting refunds from banks becasue we took out PPI insurance without checking to see if it was of any use.:D

Perhaps some people are busy taking care of their children instead of being a techno nerd and living for their iwhatever ;)

I don't believe people make soooo many purchases so often it would be such a terrible inconvenience for the device to have no other option other than enter the password EACH purchase.
    European for 3 weeks in August, the rest of the year only British and proud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure