NSK Challenge;Marching Forever Forward!!!

Options
NinjaSavingKat
NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
edited 25 February 2013 at 7:19PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Marching Forever Forward
Enough Mindless Spending, Think Before You Buy!!!

Whatever your situation is - right here and right now - you need to wake up and realise that something HAS to change.
Be a Warrior!
You will need
  • Shoes of direction to stay on the path of a true debt free wannabe.
  • Armour of will power to deal with the demons that make you spend.
  • Breastplate of common sense to ward off the bombardment of materialism.
  • Sword of discernment to cut out a good deal or to learn to shop around.
  • Helmet of determination to hit things head on when they get tough.
  • Shield of self-belief to realise YOU can do it when you put your mind to it..
And every good Warrior needs to stay ALERT to changes in their battle and be able to accommodate what comes their way!!!

I cannot give you all the answers to your problems but I can offer you a community of ruthless debt busters that have already pulled together since I started these challenge in November 2012. Heck I had someone say to me back then “I thought you were just a one off challenge that no one would take seriously”. But you see there are a few here that want to make changes sooner, harder and faster than normal.

I have set myself a personal challenge to clear my debts by the end of the year. I don’t really like the pace of my progress so far and have challenges directly in front of me ( a 30th birthday holiday and moving house ) which has stumped my re-payments for a few months. SO I need to be extra careful, extra ruthless and a little bit of a penny-pincher…

This is where I ask you to stop being just a reader and become a contender and join us! This month will be tough, you want to lurk and see how we all pull together then so be it. Declare yourself, get a welcome from the gang and watch how it’s done.

Am I tough - yes a little. I use capitals to emphasis a point; it is not classed as shouting at you! I want you to succeed, to realise where all your pennies are going and take stock of what your situation. Where will you be in a year if you don’t change your habits now??? That’s all we are doing. But we, as we have learned in the preceding months, work well with strict guidelines.
Yes this is a battle cry that I will sing until I am free of my debt.
This is a battle cry for those who wish to make better their lives and join a community of hardened and determined contenders.

What this is NOT is a place to be rude, unhelpful, unkind or patronising. Everyone has a different battle, differing circumstances and differing lifestyles. We are here to help each other. If this is too tough for you please move on, don’t leave negative comments. If this seems too much of a “competition” for you then you don’t understand what we are doing - please move on and find something that suits you better.

The RULES!!:T:T:T

• This Challenge will commence on Thursday 28th February @ Midnight and finish on Sunday 31st March at Midnight.
  • You will check in everyday, with at least a one liner to keep yourself on track.
  • You will complete a full set of 25 Spend Free Days. (SFD)
  • You will set a food budget then deduct £20, and stick to it religiously. Mine is £80.
  • You will finish everything in your cupboards, fridge and freezer BEFORE buying more food. Your food budget is for essentials like milk, bread and fruit/vegetables.
  • You will batch cook and bring your lunch to work everyday. No exceptions. You will avoid ALL take-aways this month.
  • You will not attend any restaurants, cafes, work canteens, or public houses (this includes Starbucks / Costa / Nero etc ) unless for a budgetted outing.
  • Encourage friends to set “dates” prior to the commencement of MFF and book them in. Create a budget that you will stick too. Any friends that come to you after the commencement of MFF shall be politely declined.
  • As stated above, please budget accordingly for those unavoidable events - birthdays, anniversaries, outings. Where they can be avoided please do so.
  • Avoid unecessary beauty purchases - Tesco offer shampoo for 75p you know. YOu will use up everyuthing you have before buying more.
  • You will make £100 hard cash for the month. No vouchers allowed, no money-back etc. Hard cash ONLY - this mean NEW MONEY so eBay, Overtime, jumble sales, baby-sitting, found on the street etc. Consider what you REALLY don’t need and then sell it!
  • Plan a petrol budget and stick to it, where you can - walk!
(SFD’s DO NOT include days where medication or petrol is to be bought and if you have a “yellow sticker” purchase you may still class this as an SFD but ONLY if ALL purchases were yellow sticker purchases)
That’s it.

Now Lets do this!!!

Onwards and Upwards

***Please add your name on a post only. Comments and budgeting chat will start on Friday. Please DO NOT re-post the entire initial thread indicating what you can and can't do - please just leave your name for now to prevent this thread getting to long uneccessarily ***

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".

Comments

• NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 March 2013 at 9:22PM
    Options
    The Contenders....

1 = NSK
    2 = Ninno820
    3 = PurpleJay
    4 = Gretchen2012
    5 = LivingAGoodLife
    6 = Learning2Budget
    7 = PoodleGal
    8 = NannyGladys
    9 = HappyBeingMe
    10 = Abundant1972
    11 = BeckyBoo1980
    12 = RosieCheeksBlossom
    13 = YorkshireLass
    14 = ThriftyLass
    15 = StopLurking
    16 = Everhopful09
    17 = Doris65
    18 = KarmaChiLoveThing
    19 = His_Missus
    20 = Kerfuffle
    21 = Faye978
    22 = Mayfair1985
    23 = Lotti379
    24 = Katy_Ann
    25 = Jody2
    26 = Gien
    27 = Kerri_DFW
    28 = B17c
    29 = Calling14
    30 = Jonesy88
    31 = Siouxsie32
    32 = CrazyCatLady1
    33 = AngelPye
    34 = Fairy3
    35 = IWillSucceed
    36 = TomAndJerry
    37 = Capricious
    38 = MaryLea
    39 = Sarah147
    40 = NowisNow
    41 = Determined Diva
    42 = MissyV30
    43 = LyndsayGalaxy
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Ninno820
    Ninno820 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Options
    Sign me up please Miss Kat xx
    44 day challenge

1. Pay £650 off overdraft (£ 288/ £650)
    2. Lose 12 lbs (4.5/ 12)
    3. Use YNAB everyday (6/44)
  • PurpleJay
    Options
    Me please! Let the madness begin :)
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Gretchen2012
    Options
    Me too please Kat woo hoo.
    TOTAL DEBT - £10866.22/£450.06 PAID O/S £10416.16
    CC - £174.69 - The rest is a family loan and other debts which are 0%
    August Grocery Challenge - £0.00/£250.00

• Living_a_good_life
    Options
    Ok - I have lurked - time to come clean and sign up!! If you will have me Kat? Onwards with March :) EEEK - I mean wahoooo!!!
    Debt free on the 28/05/13
  • Learning2Budget
    Options
    L2B armed and ready for action!!x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • poodlegal
    Options
    I'm in again :D Got to get to grips with these sfds! :money:
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I may be a nanny but I'll follow you into battle Kat, so count me in - sloops off to start planning next month budgets and polish ancient sword and chain mail
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • Happybeingme
    Options
    Please add me too Kat ~ looking forward to this new challenge! :D
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Sign me up!!! Thanks for the challenge!!! Watch out March - here we come!!! :D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts