We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How far 'south' do you need to live to be a southerner?

24

Comments

  • Willsnarf1983
    Willsnarf1983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    If your below the equater your a southerner so everyone from the UK are Northerners!

    ;)

    Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    anywhere south of me.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    South of Watford of course!!!! :rolleyes:


    ;)
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    I'd say south of The Wash too...if you kind of draw a line from Bristol over to The Wash, it's that section underneath - I think.

    PS: Can I ask why the original question anyway...?
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • Catseyez
    Catseyez Posts: 993 Forumite
    It's true that us southerners consider the north to be anywhere further than the Watford Gap. But don't confuse the Watford Gap with Watford, Hertfordshire, as some people do!

    Hertfordshire, Essex, London, Middlesex, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Cambridgshire are also considered to be in the south along with Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hampshire, etc.

    Weather's much better down 'ere by the way! ;)
  • RugbyLisa
    RugbyLisa Posts: 35 Forumite
    As someone who was born and bred in Newcastle but moved as a 20 year old to London I'd say - as soon as anyone realises you say bath instead of barrth!

    Seriously I'd like to say south of Birmingham but southerners say south of Watford.
    RLx
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Catseyez wrote: »
    Weather's much better down 'ere by the way! ;)

    Has to be. Southerners are so soft they'd freeze to death with proper weather.






    ;) :rotfl:
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • welf_man
    welf_man Posts: 564 Forumite
    When I was a kid I lived on the Sussex coast, and we considered London to be the Midlands!

    Anywhere beyond Bristol - I lived there too - is the West, not the South, by the way!

    Mel.
    Though no-one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending.

    (Laurie Taylor, THE no. 1864)
  • Catseyez
    Catseyez Posts: 993 Forumite
    ZTD wrote: »
    Has to be. Southerners are so soft they'd freeze to death with proper weather.
    ;) :rotfl:

    ah...you're just jealous 'cos the sun ain't shining where you are :p;) :rotfl:
  • Gemmzie
    Gemmzie Posts: 14,876 Forumite
    RugbyLisa wrote: »
    As someone who was born and bred in Newcastle but moved as a 20 year old to London I'd say - as soon as anyone realises you say bath instead of barrth!

    Seriously I'd like to say south of Birmingham but southerners say south of Watford.
    RLx

    Right you are ;)
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.