Catriona's Credit Card Countdown

1626364656668»

Comments

• catriona79
    catriona79 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Hello all,

Bit of a break from MSE for me! Still not debt neutral, but very nearly there.

My lodger is moving out, hence there will be a dip in the monthly income until the room rents out again and I've also had to return her deposit. L1 is a week late with rent again also, which is a bit annoying.

Fingers crossed for neutraldom very soon.

In other news I've had a little emotional set back... I finally met someone I liked a month ago but he didn't like me!!! --- argh. (How dare he!?)
    So that was not very nice.

On the upside, Morocco was fabulous. What a wonderful time! My friend was great too.

Day off for me today, update time next!
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
    Savings £5,017 MFiT #25 £2,627/£10k; daily interest £5.04
  • catriona79
    :money:June 2016 money update

B@rcl@yc@rd: 12,490
    TSB savings: £4,000
    FD regular saver: £3,300 (only 2 more months and this can be cashed in and hopefully not spent immediately, as before :o
    TSB regular saver: £750 (new)
    M&S regular saver: £2,550
    HSBC ISA: £400
    Friends: £530

Total savings: £11,530
    * * * Catriona's Credit Card Countdown * * * from -£16k to debt neutraldom - for my debt diary click here
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
  • catriona79
    Hello diary....

Bit of an absence. Think I was recovering from having my heart crushed just a little ;)

All back to normal now, though. Resilience. Or maybe necessity. Cue emoticon of a monkey covering his eyes.

Brexit etc, what an awkward situation. I guess we will have to see what the result of it all is. I'm not British, so it's a little awkward and anxiety inducing. But what will be, will be.

In money news, I am out of the woods. My parents kindly gifted me £9,000, for which I am really grateful. This means that I'm debt neutral and have real savings now.

In terms of house, lovely L2 has moved back to her country at the end of her job assignment and I miss her! L1 is trying to take control so will be having a chat over the weekend. Ugh.
    Had a discussion with L1 re getting another L2. Have advertised and the first viewing is on Sunday. Fingers crossed we get a nice person. L1 has recently got serious with a guy and it already feels like I'm living with two people anyway.

So, now plans begin for what to do next with this debt neutraldom. I guess it will be time to start paying off the actual debt. Maybe that's what I'll do when I get a new lodger. But there is a (growing) part of me that wants to get a tiny place and live there by myself. Maybe a one bed flat. Not sure whether this could become a reality. More research needed.
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,642
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Interesting times :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Lovely to see you back Catriona and sorry to hear about the heart break :(

Great news about the very generous gift from your parents though!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Just popping in to say hello and to wish you a merry Christmas x :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Happy Christmas Catriona!!!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • catriona79
    Hello all, it's been a long time!

I've caught up on Ena's diary and thrilled to hear about the flat - yay! And a new job! Finally you're moving on to a happier place, away from the stress of work.

I'm just in the midst of painting the house before a new set of lodgers arrive on Sunday and Monday.

I will update in a little bit, things have not been too bad. I'll also read all the rest of the diaries... it will be my reward for painting ;)
    Barclaycard -£5,867.52;
    mbna1 - 3,009.22
    mbna2 - 1,755.70
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    catriona79 wrote: »
    Hello all, it's been a long time!

I've caught up on Ena's diary and thrilled to hear about the flat - yay! And a new job! Finally you're moving on to a happier place, away from the stress of work.

I'm just in the midst of painting the house before a new set of lodgers arrive on Sunday and Monday.

I will update in a little bit, things have not been too bad. I'll also read all the rest of the diaries... it will be my reward for painting ;)

Come back Catriona, I want to hear what you've been up to :)

And thank you, I can't wait to get moved and change jobs :):)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • Catriona, I have read your diary from start to finish and you have inspired me that I can get debt free! Really enjoyed reading your diary!
    I have put a target of 500 days on my debt , fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure