Topcashback, Quidco and Shopitize app deals thread - post all deals and codes

Options

Comments

• P2TKL
    P2TKL Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bought Birds Eye Inspirations fish chargrilled with Thai coconut lemongrass and chilli for £2 at Waitrose. There is a try me free offer on the box and cashback with My super list.....so paid to take it away :j
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you have to be sarcastic? Does it make you feel good about yourself talking down to someone like that?

It wasn't clear to me, that's why I was asking.

sorry I wasn't being sarcastic! :o

I was trying to help and read the t and c, and found it still wasn't clear how you got cashback for instore purchases if at all :o

didn't mean to make you upset.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dormouse wrote: »
    I don't think Aesop was being sarcastic, I think they were copy & pasting text from MSL. At least that's the way I read it :o

You can get MSL cashback from instore purchases. You have to add things to your 'shopping list' and then take a photo of the receipt through the app.

thanks Dormouse. no I wasn't being. :(
  • purplestar133
    purplestar133 Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    sorry I wasn't being sarcastic! :o

I was trying to help and read the t and c, and found it still wasn't clear how you got cashback for instore purchases if at all :o

didn't mean to make you upset.

I apologise. :o I looked it over for ages and left it and came back, but still got the wrong end of the stick! Realised after checking your other posts, after what Dormouse said, could see you weren't the type. Get fed up of people coming back at me with a 'know it all, don't you?' kind of attitude when I ask for help on these forums.

Also, I suppose I was just presuming that everyone else on this thread knew what mysuperlist was, apart from me. Doh!

It is actually ambiguous. But I have photographed a receipt and they said they'd send the money to my paypal account, so have worked out it's for instore purchases too.

Again, I'm sorry.

If there's a mysupermarket / mysuperlist rep on here, can you please sort the crashing/bugs on the app! Not a good first experience. Could have given up after 45 mins!
  • purplestar133
    Options
    P2TKL wrote: »
    Bought Birds Eye Inspirations fish chargrilled with Thai coconut lemongrass and chilli for £2 at Waitrose. There is a try me free offer on the box and cashback with My super list.....so paid to take it away :j

Lots of talk about this over on the Try Me Free thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4185707&page=57 not sure if everyone knows about that? Of course Dormouse does!;) I'm addicted!
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Got 2 things free today on checkoutsmart :)

cadbury say it with flowers £1 in T and £1 c/b :)
    Also Volvic touch of fruit 1/5l £1 in T with £1 c/b
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • Dormouse
    Dormouse Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a warning regarding Checkoutsmart and Quidco... I can't be the only one who didn't know this! :o

I realised they were run by the same people, but what I didn't realise is that you can't use the same receipt for different offers for both of them. E.g. if you have strawberries and Clover on the same receipt, and strawberries are on COS and Clover is on Quidco, you can't use the same receipt for both of them.

I think this is unfair and doesn't make sense as they are different offers, but there you go. :(
  • purplestar133
    Options
    Dormouse wrote: »
    Just a warning regarding Checkoutsmart and Quidco... I can't be the only one who didn't know this! :o

I realised they were run by the same people, but what I didn't realise is that you can't use the same receipt for different offers for both of them. E.g. if you have strawberries and Clover on the same receipt, and strawberries are on COS and Clover is on Quidco, you can't use the same receipt for both of them.

I think this is unfair and doesn't make sense as they are different offers, but there you go. :(

I agree, that is unfair. Not being able to benefit from cashback for the same item on both apps is fair enough, but different items on different apps ought to be allowed.

I only just downloaded Checkoutsmart last night, and was struck by how similar in design it was to Clicksnap, but hadn't realised it was run by Quidco!
  • ernie-money
    Options
    Another warning regarding (not so)-checkoutsmart. They charge you 5% when you withdraw your funds, whereas quidco is free. If I'd realised that I would have put everything through quidco, as they had the same items, but I didn't think it made any difference, so uploaded the receipt to checkoutsmart instead. I won't be doing that again!

I don't understand why they have the two apps, why not just put all offers on Quidco instead to make it simpler, or is it just me..?
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    Another warning regarding (not so)-checkoutsmart. They charge you 5% when you withdraw your funds, whereas quidco is free. If I'd realised that I would have put everything through quidco, as they had the same items, but I didn't think it made any difference, so uploaded the receipt to checkoutsmart instead. I won't be doing that again!

I don't understand why they have the two apps, why not just put all offers on Quidco instead to make it simpler, or is it just me..?

yes totally agree :( and also about the receipts too :mad:
    I posted on here about checkoutsmart being very similar to quidco, I also got caught out with items on the one receipt too :(
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport