Go Skippy Car insurance

Options

Comments

• Garry_T
    Options
    Do not ever !!! Insure anything with go skippy! They are nothing but a scam ! They conned £408 out my bank account and wont refund a penny! They were aggressive on the phone and lied to me about my insurance. Just take my advice and avoid this company !!!!
  • losedr67
    losedr67 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 29 December 2013 at 10:43AM
    Options
    KEEP AWAY FROM GO SKIPPY they took a years car insurance from me then asked for documents a month later giving me 7 days to send documents a week before xmas when there offices where poorly staffed or closed so i couldnt gets documents to them in time ,,,they are SCAMMERS they say i must return their policy to recoup some money but they,ve never sent me a policy so they will keep all my money ,,can anyone tell me how to try to recoup atleast some of my money or take them to court so they cant do this to anyone else
  • losedr67
    Options
    Keep away from Go Skippy my experiance is a bad one and their customer service is virtually none existent so you wont be able to talk to someone to resolve you problem ,,,Once again keep away from Go Skippy i cant stress this enough
  • teebie
    Options
    I just took insurance out with go skippy yesterday 07/01/2014 and got my policy sent to me today.
    everything seems ok and one of there representatives called me lastnight as they wanted to send my policy straight away rather than wait up to 48 hours,, but the policy came through today.
    3 parts -
    pcwelcome-
    proposal-
    Certificate-
    which is in my emails and I will be printing off to put in my glove box
    on the policy it does state that u can scan you're driving licence and counter part to send to them to email address as proof of the insurance claim you are making.
    I was with Tesco last year and they done the exact same thing.
    so I don't think there's a problem there.
    I will be phoning them today to ask if I can get Tesco to call them to send my no claims and whatever info they need from my old policy..
    everything seems ok at the moment and to be honest they have saved me over 50% on my policy.
    there is no wrong doings yet and the policy which they have sent me and which I have printed off looks exactly the same as my old Tesco one.
    so I have it in black and white
  • dabbler
    Options
    Opened my credit card bill and had a debit for 130.00 from go skippy insurance. Was looking for quotes last week but never purchased any from go compare website.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dabbler wrote: »
    Opened my credit card bill and had a debit for 130.00 from go skippy insurance. Was looking for quotes last week but never purchased any from go compare website.

Sounds like you have bought a policy from them.
  • George_GEO
    Options
    Anyone heard of the above Car insurance company and had any experience with them. its renewal time and they have been the cheapest

a quick Google on them showed the below. but would love to hear peoples thoughts and experience on them

GoSkippy.com is a trading style of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Commission in Gibraltar. This insurance is administered in the UK on behalf of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, by Eldon Insurance Services Ltd. Eldon Insurance Services Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Firm reference number 477112.

also added a couple extra's like which my current insurer has not added in the renewal

Included:
    Legal Assistance
    Courtesy Car Personal accident
    Benefits
    • Up to £100,000 Legal Expenses Cover
    • 90 Day European Cover included in your policy to ensure you remain protected whilst outside the UK
    • Up to £150 Personal Belongings Cover
    GoSkippy is the worst insurance company broker I have ever dealt with. They cancelled my insurance policy without any reason. Unprofessional management team.
  • George_GEO
    Options
    GoSkippy is the worst insurance company broker I have ever dealt with. They cancelled my insurance policy without any reason. Unprofessional management team
  • George_GEO
    Options
    GoSkippy is the worst insurance company broker I have ever dealt with. They cancelled my insurance policy without any reason. Unprofessional management team, rubbish.
  • Ma66
    Options
    go skippy are frauds. I strongly advise not to go with them. they told me that I had not received my documents and threatened to cancel my policy. I looked up reviews and found that many people had the same issues. I had to send my documents via special delivery so it had to be signed for and I had proof the received them. once I had done this they validated my policy. I will never use them again. also staff over phone know what they are doing and are very rude and defensive. one member actually told me I had problems with my computer because she never received my attachments. they are liars!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure