Go Skippy Car insurance

Options
learningaboutinsurance
learningaboutinsurance Posts: 253 Forumite
edited 7 February 2014 at 2:23PM in Insurance & life assurance
Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Car Insurance guide may be helpful.

Back to the original post...

Anyone heard of the above Car insurance company and had any experience with them. its renewal time and they have been the cheapest

a quick Google on them showed the below. but would love to hear peoples thoughts and experience on them

GoSkippy.com is a trading style of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Commission in Gibraltar. This insurance is administered in the UK on behalf of Southern Rock Insurance Company Ltd, by Eldon Insurance Services Ltd. Eldon Insurance Services Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Firm reference number 477112.

also added a couple extra's like which my current insurer has not added in the renewal

Included:
Legal Assistance
Courtesy Car Personal accident
Benefits
• Up to £100,000 Legal Expenses Cover
• 90 Day European Cover included in your policy to ensure you remain protected whilst outside the UK
• Up to £150 Personal Belongings Cover
Total Debt in June 2013: Barclaycard 0% until Nov 2014: £1550

Tesco CC: £1200 0% Until March 2014

HSBC CC: £384 25%APR - TARGET to make GREEN ASAP

Comments

• does any one have experience with the mentioned insurers?

• citykid5
    citykid5 Posts: 821 Forumite
    Options
    never heard of it
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another one registered in Gilbratar. I had one come up really cheap on the comparison sites some time back.
    I wisely chose to pay more.

Glad i did, A while laters complaints started to appear on the net. No longer on the comparison website i see.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Another one registered in Gilbratar. I had one come up really cheap on the comparison sites some time back.
    I wisely chose to pay more.

Glad i did, A while laters complaints started to appear on the net. No longer on the comparison website i see.

Many thanks with your info,

this was my gut feeling hence my post on the forum. they were the only one who were cheaper than my Current insurers who i thought are giving me a great price.

I have 3 weeks, so onwards with with seeing who (if any:D) will beat the current renewal quote.

Many thanks all and i will come come if any strange ones appear in my findings

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with them for 6 years with no issues (and 1 claim). They appear to be the clout behind 10+ brands who offer different targeted services on differing websites, however that's simply the shop front, behind the scenes they are no different than any other established company and they have always been a little cheaper than the 'big' names.

I've no issue with their services so far, and do not expect this to change.
  • Buzby wrote: »
    I've been with them for 6 years with no issues (and 1 claim). They appear to be the clout behind 10+ brands who offer different targeted services on differing websites, however that's simply the shop front, behind the scenes they are no different than any other established company and they have always been a little cheaper than the 'big' names.

I've no issue with their services so far, and do not expect this to change.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. still not convinced.

would love to hear more on this company

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Southern Rock are the underwriter behind ecar.

Do a search of MSE or google for many unhappy customers.

I usually find a Gibraltar based Insurer is one to avoid
  • dacouch wrote: »
    Southern Rock are the underwriter behind ecar.

Do a search of MSE or google for many unhappy customers.

I usually find a Gibraltar based Insurer is one to avoid

Many thanks for your views, i do agree with you but the price is so much cheaper ;)

cheap renewal insurance hunt continues :T

• rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Maybe I'm being cynical but is it really a coincidence that this thread appeared on the same day that a load of press coverage went out about their founder? There's an awful lot of repeated words in the OP's posts as well - you know the sort - cheap, renewal, etc. All the ones that people plaster all over the place to help their google rankings. I don't know, maybe I am just too cynical these days....
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • Hutchinsryan
    Options
    Hi guys.

Previously been with GoSkippy I would not advise this insure at all! I have had nothing but issues from start to finish! The whole company just seems to be an un-organised mess. I dread to think what would have happend if I needed to make a claim. I know they offer cheap insurance but take my advice and pay that little bit extra to go with a better known company. I hear GoSkippy are a fairly new company maybe they just need that little bit of extra time to sort themselves out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure