Leapforce

Options

Comments

• Bizzie_Lizzie
    Options
    Doink, I don't think it's accurate to say that LB don't want prior experience - after all, they come back to at least some past raters after twelve months to invite them to apply again and sometimes for different posts.

Rather, they only have eleven month contracts because somewhere in the world where they recruit raters, self-employed contractors gain rights (for example to paid holidays and sick leave) after twelve months. Despite being told that this doesn't apply in the UK they maintain the eleven month contract rule presumably because they want to treat all contractors in all countries in the same way.

Anyway, back to Leapforce - I'm coming to the end of my contract with LB and will apply to Leapforce after a short break. Do the comments here mean Leapforce don't have a limit to their contract length? And is the work similar?
  • wirewolf
    wirewolf Posts: 55 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doink, I don't think it's accurate to say that LB don't want prior experience - after all, they come back to at least some past raters after twelve months to invite them to apply again and sometimes for different posts.

Rather, they only have eleven month contracts because somewhere in the world where they recruit raters, self-employed contractors gain rights (for example to paid holidays and sick leave) after twelve months. Despite being told that this doesn't apply in the UK they maintain the eleven month contract rule presumably because they want to treat all contractors in all countries in the same way.

Just on the 11 month contract thing, I believe UK raters are the only ones that are on fixed term contracts. I know in the US they get their contracts renewed every 12 months.
  • caitchbee
    caitchbee Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I just ask anyone who has been working for LF for a while - do you have any issues with being paid? Just read that some UK banks charge to receive the payments - is this true?
  • redzhell
    redzhell Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    caitchbee wrote: »
    Can I just ask anyone who has been working for LF for a while - do you have any issues with being paid? Just read that some UK banks charge to receive the payments - is this true?

I haven't been accepted on LeapForce...yet (hopefully!) but I used to get charged about 8 quid by Lloyds to receive my payment as well as convert to sterling when I was with LionBridge.
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long did it take people to receive the exam after their application had been reviewed? Confused as the email suggests it should be there when I log into my account, only when I do it just says the application is "in progress". Emailed them twice yesterday at two different addresses, but no reply yet.
  • caitchbee
    caitchbee Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    redzhell wrote: »
    I haven't been accepted on LeapForce...yet (hopefully!) but I used to get charged about 8 quid by Lloyds to receive my payment as well as convert to sterling when I was with LionBridge.

Thank you so much. I've heard that not all banks do. Got accounts at a few different banks so will find out which one charges the least!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It might be worth looking at HSBC or Barclays. I think one of them doesn't charge but I don't remember which :j
  • fifilabouche
    Options
    I am an ex LB worker and I have been accepted to leapforce.

My question is I have a 3 part exam and my application process seems to differ from that of a friend who also applied but did not work for LB?

Anyone else in a similar boat?
  • Pinkdebster
    Pinkdebster Posts: 397 Forumite
    Options
    I previously worked for LB and the exam I just took (and was accepted) for LF was the identical exam we took for LB. 2 parts???
  • melf1nn
    melf1nn Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I am an ex LB worker and I have been accepted to leapforce.

My question is I have a 3 part exam and my application process seems to differ from that of a friend who also applied but did not work for LB?

Anyone else in a similar boat?

Hi my exam also says it is 3 parts but I have never worked for LB. My exam is due to start today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure