We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Plants from gardeningexpress.com

Options

Comments

• olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just tried to call you mrs S.... you weren't in. I will try again after 5pm.

Why are you trying to resolve customer service issues on this board?
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • cambsgirl2
    cambsgirl2 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    yes why indeed, i dont want to read this, and surely there are data protection issues here?
  • irnbru_2
    irnbru_2 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    cambsgirl2 wrote: »
    yes why indeed, i dont want to read this, and
    surely there are data protection issues here?

Which would be what .....?
  • irnbru_2
    irnbru_2 Posts: 1,603 Forumite
    Options
    olly300 wrote: »
    Why are you trying to resolve customer service issues on this board?

Probably because someone has complained on a public forum and they want to make sure that people know they're acting on it.

GardeningExpress, this forum has private messaging (PM) enabled. Click on skid112's name and you can send them a PM.
  • kirsty99
    kirsty99 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Looks my other thread got pulled. I am still awaiting an update on my replacement Ligustrum - have been told that I will be sent some but no indication of when, oustanding unanswered support tickets, no response to emails etc, as per usual.

Why can't you spend your time working on your customer service rather than on an open internet forum GardeningExpress?
  • kirsty99
    kirsty99 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I have still had no response to my emails or support tickets, and no update on my delivery date. And every time I phone I get a message to say 'we are unable to take your call'. This is ridiculous.

Is anyone else still having problems?
  • GardeningExpress
    Options
    irnbru - thanks for the tip of private messaging..... we of course wish for people to see that we are acting on any issues raised, and are careful regarding data protection when postings on made.

kirsty99 - you should not be expecting replies over weekend, please allow three working days. I note from your support ticket, you submitted your message on the 18th, therefore, a response over the weekend was not to be expected. As you have been informed by telephone today, and reply to the support message you have left - these will be with you by the weekend, and we will email as they leave us.
  • deaks_2
    deaks_2 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    I too have had a terrible experience with Gardening Express! - the exclamation mark is to do with the Express bit! Sorry for the long post, but this is copied from my support calls!

Please see below my log of SUPPORT CALLS TO THIS COMPANY - IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT AS TO HOW APPALLING THEIR SERVICE IS PLEASE READ THIS - they rely on the small print of their Terms and Conditions to fob you off and ignore emailed cancellation and deny they receive them by post.

Mr Chris - if you want to contact me regarding how appalling your service is go ahead - but everything else I have sent you have ignored!! Order number 234010289 - go ahead make my day.

I have never received such appalling service from any company I have ever dealt with and am in the process of taking legal action against them - all of which could have been avoided if they just let you know what it happening!!

Messages left on the phone number (press 0) - they never answer, cancellation by emaila and in writing - AVOID and tell others too - Chris Bonnington - stop waffling and sort this out - because you need some serious advice on customer service asap.

BTW Original order placed on the 11th April 2007

Subject: When will my order be delivered?

Message: My landscaping is finishing the middle of this week and I need my order delivered asap or I will need to cancel my order and buy locally.

Subject: RE: When will my order be delivered?

Due to an exceptionally high volume of orders and support requests ahead of our most ambitious expectations, we are experiencing some delays in response times and dispatches. We would ask that you bear with us at this time, and recommend the following pages on our site where most questions asked can be answered.

Frequently asked questions
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/ContactFAQsGardeningExpresscouk.asp
    If you're concerned payment has been processed, remember this is instant and automated as soon as you place your order - allowing us to reserve the stock you need in advance.

Delivery Information
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/DeliveryInformationGardeningExpress.asp
    Please bear in mind particularly that the weather is exceptionally warm for the time of year, and items with seasonal shipping times are dispatched throughout the periods indicated. Similarly, perennials are still only just coming back from winter, and will ship as soon as ready. We email as your consignment leaves us so you can keep an eye out for it, but I'm afraid we are unable to give exact days and dates for dispatch/delivery. It should also be remembered that clear days, mean overnight frosts.

Returns Policy
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/ReturnsPolicyGardeningExpress.asp
    If you are not happy with an item, not likely as our returns rate is some thing we're very proud of, it's virtually nil, you will need to read this page.

Terms & Conditions
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/TermsConditions.asp
    Please be assured that all orders are handled in accordance with these.

Should these pages not answer your query, please contact us by raising a new support ticket after 25/04/07 or write to the Customer Services Manager, Gardening Express, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 4UA, and we will help you as soon as we can.

Subject: I need to know a date!!

Message: Hello - you web site states 3 days, then the small print says 10 days, both of which have passed and I have not received my order - I need a DATE when this will be delivered please - if you cannot give me a date this week, I will need to cancel my order. Please call or email about this asap

many thanks

Subject: Can you please contact me asap

Message: can you please contact me by telephone asap re my order, I need to know a delivery date - not impressed so far with your support or your delivery times, the reason I ordered from you was the quoted "fast" free delivery - my order has not arrived 12 working days after placing my order.
    If you cannot contact me today, I shall have to cancel my order

Subject: Cancel my Order

Message: Please cancel this order and return the monies to my credit card asap, I will confirm this is writing this afternoon.
    Your support service is not good, you have not delivered when you said you will and the I think the term Gardening "Express" is extremely misleading. You should at least have the capacity to return customer support requests and requests for information regarding their orders.

BTW letter of cancellation sent that day!

Subject: Order Cancelled

Message: HOW DARE YOU SHIP THIS ORDER - I HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY TO CANCEL THIS, BY EMAIL AND POST - YOU HAVE TOTALLY FAILED TO RESPOND TO ANY OF MY EMAILS REGARDING THIS, HAVE IGNORED MY POSTAL CORRESPONDE RE CANCELLATION SENT LAST WEEK AND HAVE CONTINUED TO SHIP.
    THIS ORDER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND RETURNED TO YOU ASAP
    RETURN MY MONEY TO MY CREDIT CARD ASAP OR I WILL BE FORCED TO TAKE FURTHER ACTION REGARDING THE RETURN OF MY MONEY

THIS IS APPALLING SERVICE AND I CANCELLED THIS ORDER ON THE 27TH APRIL BY EMAIL AND POST THE SAME DAY

YOUR DESPACTH IS OVER A WEEK AFTER THE CANCELLATION - which was completed according to your terms and conditions and to the address you gave

S D

Subject: Chris Bonnett's Office

Message: Please contact me asap re my order - this has not been sent in time, my support request have been ignored, my cancellation in email and by post has been ignored - this is appalling service, please SOMEONE RESPOND asap

Note below - support call responded to on the 12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject: RE: When will my order be delivered?

Due to an exceptionally high volume of orders and support requests ahead of our most ambitious expectations, we are experiencing some delays in response times and dispatches. We would ask that you bear with us at this time, and recommend the following pages on our site where most questions asked can be answered.

Frequently asked questions
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/ContactFAQsGardeningExpresscouk.asp
    If you're concerned payment has been processed, remember this is instant and automated as soon as you place your order - allowing us to reserve the stock you need in advance.

Delivery Information
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/DeliveryInformationGardeningExpress.asp
    Please bear in mind particularly that the weather is exceptionally warm for the time of year, and items with seasonal shipping times are dispatched throughout the periods indicated. Similarly, perennials are still only just coming back from winter, and will ship as soon as ready. We email as your consignment leaves us so you can keep an eye out for it, but I'm afraid we are unable to give exact days and dates for dispatch/delivery. It should also be remembered that clear days, mean overnight frosts.

Returns Policy
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/ReturnsPolicyGardeningExpress.asp
    If you are not happy with an item, not likely as our returns rate is some thing we're very proud of, it's virtually nil, you will need to read this page.

Terms & Conditions
    http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/TermsConditions.asp
    Please be assured that all orders are handled in accordance with these.

Should these pages not answer your query, please contact us by raising a NEW support ticket after 15/05/07 or write to the Customer Services Manager, Gardening Express, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 4UA, and we will help you as soon as we can. Alternatively call 08000 33 61 61 between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday.

By the way you have to pay for and insure returns!!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boy am I glad I saw this thread today as I've just spent the weekend compiling an order worth over £200 from this company!!!

I think I'll be taking my business elsewhere now :rolleyes:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • deaks_2
    deaks_2 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    see this blaggers site also -

http://www.blagger.com/db4/company_id/2807/companyname/Gardening-Express.html

Looks like others had the same problem as me re cancellation - emailed then sent letter - which did not arrive - they must have a serious problem with their post!!??!!

Seems like Gardening Express like to resolve customer services issues on line - well perhaps one or two!! - obviously not the majority

also see there ebay account - now not active - I wonder why??!!??

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gardeningexpress_co_uk&ftab=AllFeedback

My advice - AVOID at all costs and let your friends and family know - I have never seen so many complaints and they all seem to relate to the same thing.

If they are too busy to process orders then they shouldn't accept them - am still taking action re their failure to acknowledge my cancellation, as are others - appalling service, the worst I have EVER experienced - they give other on line retailers a bad name
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport