IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS parking ticket in disabled bay

Options

Comments

• Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    bryanb wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was an expired blue badge.

It makes no difference, look at your blue badge handbook, it states its valid on public roads, and council car parks only. In other words it is invalid on private land.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2013 at 11:36AM
    Options
    bryanb wrote: »
    Unfortunately it was an expired blue badge.

Blue Badges don't have any bearing here - Expired or current.

Its the Equality Act that applies and all people with an appropriate disabillity are entitled to use the most suitable spaces as "reasonable adjustment" under the Act.

Check your BB handbook or the issuing authority website where it is made quite clear that Blue Badges do not apply on private property.

And certainly pursue the retailer - they are jointly liable with their PPC.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 February 2013 at 2:16PM
    Options
    All this victimisation of disabled people should NOT be ignored! :eek:

COMPLAIN to the right people and if you've paid, demand a refund and apology.

An expired or a dropped/forgotten Blue Badge makes no difference - it does not mean the need to use the bay and the disabling condition has suddenly 'gone away'!

For those who were in a single retail store car park then complain to the retailer's Store Manager (not a Duty Manager) and then to the Head Office about the Equality Act breach. Like in this post I just made on a thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=59196069

janiewanie wrote: »
    I cant believe this has happened to someone else it happened to me on the 13th January and being so honest I paid the fine and then appealed, so wish I hadnt as now I only appealed again yesterday after the statutory 14 day non response, and low and behold I got another auto reply saying another 14 days....we ar epensioners and I am my husbands sole carer our was out of date by 11hours 58minutes how unlucky were we what should I do its a lot of money to lose HELP

Your case is like the one linked on that thread - the link I gave and said look at post #73, where Asda had to apologise and refund and send a gift voucher to a disabled person. If yours was a different retailer it makes no difference - same approach needed, DEMAND a refund and apology and explain the law. To the retailer not the PPC.

In a Retail Park again it's easy, complain like this lady did to the landowner or Managing Agent (usually easy to find by Googling, often mentioned in local newspaper articles about the Retail Parks):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4244645

Please everyone, put this on Facebook too, spread the word among friends and never ignore this sort of harassment of disabled people. You just need to direct your complaint to the 'hand that feeds' the parasite PPC (never the PPC themselves unless you just want to copy them into your complaint to show them what action you are taking!).

Make the retail store, or the overall landowner/agent of a Retail Park, realise that the actions of their agent are actually illlegal and as part of your assertive complaint, why not suggest that you are about to sue both parties over it (scare them).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cpowell777
    Options
    Thanks for the advise to all about my original problem at the start of this thread. When I now think back to the man looking me in the eyes whilst I'm sat in my electric wheelchair paralysed it now amazes me at what he did! From reading other people's stories it always seem to be directed at disabled people. As for the cost of the ticket in my case £60 rising to £100 if unpaid in 14 days, a official fine in a council car park is usually £25 it seems UKCPS take the view of "special needs = special prices!
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You do Know that these appear to be a bunch of Travellers working out of the back of a scruffy pub car park in a run down area of Leeds ?
    No I am not joking.
    Be happy...;)
  • spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you want to write to them directly the real address is :
    The Travellers living in the Romany caravan
    At back car park of the Blooming rose pub:
    Burton Row
    Holbeck
    Leeds.

As opposed to the fake mailbox they use.

Now I know you are going to think I am some kind of Idiot, so I suggest you watch this from 9 ish minutes onwards. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._2_Episode_14/
    You will see Court Sherrifs visiting the Nerve centre of UKCPS
    Then stop and ask yourself why you are taking them seriously instead of Ignoring them .
    Be happy...;)
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    No ukcps charge the same scam price for almost all their car parks. They specifically target disabled drivers and their passengers, it's a cash cow for them. They are a despicable company who are run from a back of a pub, they were on TV last week when the bailiffs were after them for not paying a judgement in court.

Please take this to the retailer and demand that they comply.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Stop taking this lot seriously!!!!
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    Blue Badges don't have any bearing here - Expired or current.

Its the Equality Act that applies and all people with an appropriate disabillity are entitled to use the most suitable spaces as "reasonable adjustment" under the Act.

Check your BB handbook or the issuing authority website where it is made quite clear that Blue Badges do not apply on private property.

And certainly pursue the retailer - they are jointly liable with their PPC.

Yes but I was responding to the bit I quoted- BPA code of practice. (Post 10)
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Same thing's just happened to us. Disabled person, disabled space, no blue badge (prvate land), £90 charge from UKCPS. Wife will be complaining bitterly to the restaurant tomorrow and quoting the Equality Act.
    Can I help?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport