IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS parking ticket in disabled bay

Options
13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    rdwarr wrote: »
    Same thing's just happened to us. Disabled person, disabled space, no blue badge (prvate land), £90 charge from UKCPS. Wife will be complaining bitterly to the restaurant tomorrow and quoting the Equality Act.

Good, make sure she knows the basics of the law, protected people and their right to use 'reasonable adjustments' unharassed, as cited by the posters on those threads I linked earlier. I seem to remember you from my couponing days on here, rdwarr, so I am sure you and your good lady are up to speed with this too.

Let us know what their reaction is. Do you fancy filing a small claim over it if the disability is long-term and covered by the Act? Monetary damages could be rather nice and they would have to sit up and take notice! Just make sure the claim would be aimed at whoever contracted the PPC (which could be a landowner/managing agent rather than the restaurant) as well as the PPC.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    rdwarr wrote: »
    Same thing's just happened to us. Disabled person, disabled space, no blue badge (prvate land), £90 charge from UKCPS. Wife will be complaining bitterly to the restaurant tomorrow and quoting the Equality Act.

Dont just speak to them

Put it in writing and contact the land owner to, quoting and issue an a notice before action

Let us know how u get on
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • janiewanie
    Options
    thank you everyone who responded to my plight, I will go to the Deepdale Retail Park and find out who the agents are and see if I can get my £60 back...watch this space...I am now angryier than ever.

Thanks again buddies
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Janie you havent actually been fooled into paying have you
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    janiewanie wrote: »
    I cant believe this has happened to someone else it happened to me on the 13th January and being so honest I paid the fine and then appealed, so wish I hadnt as now I only appealed again yesterday after the statutory 14 day non response, and low and behold I got another auto reply saying another 14 days....we ar epensioners and I am my husbands sole carer our was out of date by 11hours 58minutes how unlucky were we what should I do its a lot of money to lose HELP
    BASFORDLAD wrote: »
    Janie you havent actually been fooled into paying have you

Yep but is willing to fight the landowner to get it back it seems
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport