FOS not upholding PPI claim

Options
1235»

Comments

• Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi guylondon

It sounds as though you have read our guide already but in case not, here's the Credit Card PPI guide.

The "What counts as mis-selling - how do I know?" and Ombudsman sections may help

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Please would anyone know were Egg Credit card using pre populated forms back in 1999? (September specifically)
    I wouldn't even bother trying to complain about an online application from 14 years ago. The Bank won't have records and unless you have documentary evidence yourself it'll be a waste of your time.
  • Reclaim_Diva
    Options
    Thanks for such a warm (not) welcome to a newbie around here dunstonh. Can I suggest please that if you are going to just copy and paste your stock response advise so often to newbies who inadvertently make mistakes then at least make sure its a little less unfriendly. Yes, I will start a new thread and no, it wasn't totally unrelated to the original thread. You may be an experienced poster on here but that doesn't give you the right to be so condescending. We are all human and we all make mistakes and we all hate to be publicly made to feel small...........
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for such a warm (not) welcome to a newbie around here dunstonh. Can I suggest please that if you are going to just copy and paste your stock response advise so often to newbies who inadvertently make mistakes then at least make sure its a little less unfriendly. Yes, I will start a new thread and no, it wasn't totally unrelated to the original thread. You may be an experienced poster on here but that doesn't give you the right to be so condescending. We are all human and we all make mistakes and we all hate to be publicly made to feel small...........

Very touchy !

What was condescending about the reply ? Your post doesn't relate to the OP's question at all.
  • Reclaim_Diva
    Options
    :jhow wonderful that you are just as friendly and welcoming!!!
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Look, i know you're a newbie but if you can't accept a little help in where to put your post without taking offence at the suggestion, this might not be the right forum for you.

Personally i can't see anything wrong with the advice you were given. If you need to ask a question, it's best to start a new post or your question will probably get missed.

And sarcasm doesn't always go down well with other posters either.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I notice the poster concerned decided to completely ignore the reply I gave him and concentrate instead on advice to start a new thread.

I'm always suspicious of such behaviour.
    I think this thread has reached a long overdue conclusion...
  • magpiecottage
    Options

Whether you like it or not, I do not really see that getting stroppy with those who might be able to help you is likely to further your cause.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Whether you like it or not, I do not really see that getting stroppy with those who might be able to help you is likely to further your cause.
    Do you remember our long ago conversation about users with multiple aliases?
    I think this thread can be safely left to disappear into the MSE forum archive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure