MSE News: New American Express deals at Gap, Shell, Harrods and Starbucks

Options

Comments

• sweetstudent
    Options
    I brought some items from House Of Fraser on the weekend and a gift card to bring the purchase up to £50. Now i have been over charged for one of the items and i am now in two minds if i want it or not.

If i had a refund would i therefore lose the £25 credit to my account?

Thanks,
    :beer:In My 'Permanant' Pre-Masters Gap Year :beer:
    'Married' Apple Fan and Proud
    With 16 Conversions
    I am not affiliated with any company except the one for whom I work!
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,044 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 February 2013 at 10:11AM
    Options
    I brought some items from House Of Fraser on the weekend and a gift card to bring the purchase up to £50. Now i have been over charged for one of the items and i am now in two minds if i want it or not.

If i had a refund would i therefore lose the £25 credit to my account?

Thanks,

I have had 1 credit clawed back a few days after a return and refund but on another (touch wood) the credit is still there 2 weeks later...
    I think....
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought if item is purchased example in Birmingham store and returned in Walsall will that still trigger cancellation of £25 credit?
  • fionaw
    fionaw Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I bought £51 of fuel at a Shell garage on 25th January. The foursquare app went through all the appropriate screens - you have unlocked a special, download etc, but still no credit on my American Express acct. Has anyone else waited this long?
  • jon142
    jon142 Posts: 277 Forumite
    Options
    fionaw wrote: »
    I bought £51 of fuel at a Shell garage on 25th January. The foursquare app went through all the appropriate screens - you have unlocked a special, download etc, but still no credit on my American Express acct. Has anyone else waited this long?

Did you click the " Load to Card " button, that what forces the credit to your card.

I didn't do this once and never seen the credit :(
  • pingles
    pingles Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    I used mine over the weekend with Starbucks; credit appeared on my statement today so that's about 3 working days.
  • sfax
    sfax Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    Options
    For reference, my credits are always date transaction appears on the statement (as cleared, not pending) + 2 days. If it's been longer than this, I would call Amex
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    Had problems with Pizza Hut, Tried to use my card last week first one said their machine was not working other one said gift cards are out of stock. Visited Birmingham Bull Ring Manager top up gift card with £50 when I gave my card to collect payment, she said they no longer accept Amex cards. Said it changed recently. Anyone else had problems with Pizza Hut?
  • deepdaleducky
    Options
    I wondered if anyone knows the number to phone to query a missing credit for Lloyds TsB amex cards. Not received £15 but payment on statement. Rang Lloyds Tsb and they say foursquare offers are nothing to do with them. They didnt have a contact number and suggested ringing AVIOS as thaeir logo is on the card! Id like to check my foursquare and card are definitely synched b4 trying another offer.
  • miketaff1408
    Options
    starM wrote: »
    Had problems with Pizza Hut, Tried to use my card last week first one said their machine was not working other one said gift cards are out of stock. Visited Birmingham Bull Ring Manager top up gift card with £50 when I gave my card to collect payment, she said they no longer accept Amex cards. Said it changed recently. Anyone else had problems with Pizza Hut?

Have bought 2 so far, no problems with Amex acceptance. It does say online on the pizza hut website that it is not accepted online, but is accepted in MOST of their restaurants. Seems unusual that a high profile store like Bullring Birmingham would choose not to accept Amex. Did they actually try it in the machine? When I was blitzing the Amex Shopsmall promotion, you wouldn't believe the number of stores who said they didn't take Amex when actually they did. I now just shove it in the machine without asking. If they dont accept, just make an excuse of having no other cards and walk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure